Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49

Author Topic: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure [DF 0.47.05]  (Read 80258 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress (Succession Game)
« Reply #420 on: January 12, 2023, 05:06:44 pm »

Here's what the Wiki says:

There are three ways to become a vampire in Adventurer Mode. The classic method is slaying a vampire and drinking their vampiric blood (or simply attacking them, causing them to bleed and then drinking their blood off the floor), which immediately turns you into a vampire. However, not all vampires have infective blood. What causes a vampire to have non-infective blood is unclear, but it appears to be related to world age.Bug:9774 Further research is needed.[Verify] In some cases, drinking water that has been tainted with the vampire's blood will be more effective, much like drinking from a blood-tainted well.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2023, 06:05:08 pm »

Ah i think i know what has happened. This is interesting. So vampirism won't exclaim itself if in a big band.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:04:28 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2023, 08:28:05 pm »

So im done with the save, things that you will need to know.

- A strange band of five walked into Waterlures, a crow man, a rhinoceros woman, a black mamba woman, a friendly dwarf and a mortally wounded mountain gnome
- They left waterlures as well as the injured mountain gnome scholar with his guts out (not undead) in the library
- The tomb of Tekkud was distrubed and his remains are missing

https://dffd.bay12games.com/submit.php?action=message&fid=16341

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2023, 08:59:04 pm »

Nice!

Before returning to Waterlures, I'll first (try to) finish the quest of Suwu and Company. We'll see if they're still at their camp or if they've rushed all over the place. (Could be entirely possible that they've returned south on their own.)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2023, 10:32:55 pm »

nice updates. so I take it there is a new vampire wandering the lands?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2023, 03:44:57 am »

With this development it sounds like there are interesting times ahead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2023, 11:47:38 am »

2nd Report

We have made progress towards Controlseals but have stopped for a break and to see who has been following us. We were station in Temptedarmor towards the north of the montains. An ancient fortress that has all the hallmarkings of The Bent Spears. No one in sight, bare and abandoned.

Not too long later, our guest the goblin lasher had followed us. Went by Jonic, turns out he was part of some group. The Thieves of Fainting, thought he could rob us, needless to say one stike of the slab to his leg from Usmok was enough to disable him

with a coup de grace to the head. What a wonderful crimson explosion it was.

Whilst we were busy mapping everything out it seems the Usmok was busy, brough up a mangled corpse of what could only be described as a skinless frog with antennae.

Whilst Usmok was exhausted she bore no wounds.

Aparently the beast was even scarred of her and had run away.

Curious, i wounder what her strength would be like if given vampiric blood. She has certainly proved herself in my eyes. In other news, Ingush is still out on a "walk" we will wait another hour and depart. No doubt he has ran away but the kings justice will catch up with him im sure.

Spoiler:  FB Beatdown (click to show/hide)

(OOC: Ingush just vanished and split from the group hence my interpretation of where he went)

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2023, 12:49:09 pm »

Seems like there are quite some frog/toad-like FBs in the world.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2023, 03:32:55 pm »

nothing more ironic than death-by-slab, when that slab bears incriptions concerning 'the secrets of life and death.'

"You wanna know a secret, you foul skinless frog?!"

croaks in horror while being slapped with a 20lb brass slab

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2023, 09:11:15 pm »

Part I:
Duty to Lord and Land

21st of Slate, 371
The hillocks of Tradeplay

“Stukos Matchedsabres, baron of Waterlures, to his beloved Ral Curlrock, prospector and geologist, greetings and love.

For all the many past -- and, if it please, future -- favors conferred on me by you, I offer manifold and copious giving of thanks of your generosity befitting the Golden, with utmost earnesty I may say your performance of duty to lord and land has not gone unnoticed, and such deed merits reward worthy of Likot Himself.

However, I digress, reward has to wait -- of which I am regretting -- for necessity forces and dictates me to come with cap in hand to ask for your alms once more. As it has come to my knowledge, and presumably you know this by the time my words reach you, the unfortunate recent affairs at Violetgems have forced the hand of His Majesty the Unaging King Såkzul Cudgeltapers (may the Prince bless his Soul!), Eternal Ruler of Glorious Ustuth Ïdath by the Divine Will of Abod the Prince of Duty Herself, and therefore, I anxiously ask and pray your munificence that, through the interposition of my prayers, you will lend me your skill and expertise right away.

It is in the best of interests of our King, and us, his loyal Subjects, for those who possess the qualities of the perfect miner, well-versed in the arts of mining and metallurgy, that under His Mandate their skills are put most urgently to use, to benefit the whole of Ustuth Ïdath, His Majesty the Unaging King and all under the merciful protection of the Prince of Duty.

Hence, I entreat -- and, if it please, trust -- you, a devout worshipper of the Silvery Mines and fellow dwarf, to gather skilled honest and hard-working men and women, knowledgeable -- as judged by your expertise -- in your arts and other skills you deem necessary, and set forth to accompany you on an expedition of prospecting and discovery.

You and your companions, whom -- I must accentuate (forgive me for saying so, for you, of all, are aware of such dealings) -- should be of the most respectful and loyal of nature, and perform their duties efficiently and diligently, are to head to the northern marches of our kingdom under rule of King Såkzul (praised be His Name!) as decreed by Divine Providence.

Once you reach the southern shores of the Lakes of Saturninity in the Ochre Hills, it is your task and duty to survey the land and its bounty, find a choice locality abundant with mineral wealth bestowed upon us by Zas Ochreumber the Silvery Mines, and lay claim to it under mandate from King Såkzul Himself (may He reign Eternal!). Upon finding such a bountiful locale, you are expected to lay the foundations for mining works proper and send word to us with due haste.

I, once again, must accentuate, that this mission is of the utmost urgency, and, therefore, may you act in such a manner that we, and the whole of Ustuth Ïdath, and His Majesty shall return our thanks and respect for you, as our friend and fellow dwarf, giving honour and recognition upon your success.

I pray day and night that your journey will be most fortunate and prosperous, and that we shall be bound to you in gratitude. Farewell.

ps. Further instructions and a writ on behest of the King are disclosed with this letter.”

Ral, the dwarf leaning against the old, thick highwood trunk, sighed, folded the letter and put it in her pocket. She had read and re-read it now many a time since she received it nearly a week ago. With haste, as was expected of her, she had gathered a small band and arranged to meet with them here in Tradeplay where they had resupplied. And now they were ready to head out into the wilds on the expedition proper.

'Always deal fairly,' Ral thought as she turned to look at her three companions.

Edëm, a dwarf with great endurance and toughness, but slow of mind, worshipper of the Golden Rock, seemed calm as usual. While he was dour and sad by rule, he was one that could keep his composure together under dire circumstances. His skills as a miner and mason would be needed on this expedition.

Tulon, a single-minded and pessimistic dwarf, and worshipper of Likot, didn't appear to be very enthusiastic on setting forth, but at least she wasn't as discouraged as she was often wont to. Yet, Ral had chosen her due to her being skilled in the arts of engineering -- something they would certainly need once mining began -- and knowledgeable in the products of the wilds, of what one could eat and what one should avoid.

Finally, Rith, a muscular and strong-willed jaguar man with a great sense of humor, and worshipper of the Silvery Mines, was to act as the group's protector and hunter. He knew not a single thing about such important matters as what rocks of the earth and formations of the land to look for (nor did he seem to care or want to learn), but his skill with bow and axe would surely come handy in the untamed wilds of the northern reaches of Ustuth Ïdath.

“Alright friends. How are you feeling now? Ready to set forth?”, Ral addressed them with hands on her hips as the sun was setting in the west.

“Hah! Is there something to be happy about?”, Tulon replied and continued, “We're bound to head Likot-knows-where, to dreary, awful places in search of riches for the nobility. I'm certain nothing could go wrong in the wilds ripe with dangers of all kinds.”

“Look, I would prefer to be indoors as much as the rest of you,” Ral said, her tone becoming more agitated, “But must I remind the lot of you that you are bound by oath and under order of the king himself to accompany me on this venture.”

She paused to gauge the reactions of her companions. They were silent and their expressions had turned solemn. Perfect.

“Good. Just as I expected. We all know what happens to oath-breakers,” Ral continued, a sly grin creeping onto her face, “And none of you certainly want that. So, shall we be off then?”

=====

A short one. Bit of a prologue to a side-venture that I'll do before returning to Suwu and company.

Took a bit of time to re-orient myself to playing and writing after working on mod stuff and such. It's funny how quick you loose the proper mindset, but I think I'll get back there soon.

There's an awful lot curious events in the world currently, but I won't spoil it for now. I'm sure things'll eventually pop up in the story... But if you want, you can always download the latest save and check on the latest legends. There's some... Surprising turn of events not (at least not directly) caused by the actions of players.

Also did a quick check on Waterlures. Still going to be quite the cleanup once I get so far as to unretire it...

Questions, suggestions, etc. welcome, as always.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2023, 04:37:49 am »

There's an awful lot curious events in the world currently, but I won't spoil it for now. I'm sure things'll eventually pop up in the story...
That all sounds exciting, I wonder what kinds of things have been going on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2023, 08:32:15 pm »

Part II:
The Old Ways

22nd of Slate, 371

Ral and her underlings had not made it far from Tradeplay the previous evening. They had set camp for the night next to the Touchy Guts stream just beyond the outskirts of the hillocks.

The first rays of the sun cast a warm light on the group of three dwarves and a jaguar man as they huddled next to a campfire. The fescue grass and other vegetation was coated with a thin layer of hoar frost. Even though it was mid-spring, the nights were still cold in these parts. But that was something Ral was accustomed to after living most of her life close to the Incidental Points.

Ral took a hefty swig of dwarven ale for breakfast -- a proper way to start a new day -- as she once again explained the plan and what her associates should look for.

“Now then, gather round closer,” Ral said as she fiddled with a short stick with her hands, “What you should look for during this expedition is certain kinds of formations of land, for there are many things we must consider for a location to be suitable for mining operations.”

She began sketching a triangular shape in the dirt with the stick, “Mountains, hills, valleys and plains. All these are potential options, but some are more laborious than others. Mountains we can rule out, for there are none where we are headed. The rest, all of them are possible, and of these hills would be the easiest choice.”

“However, it is unlikely we will encounter good, ore-filled hills near the Lakes of Saturninity. It is more likely that we find veins in the plains and valleys carved by river and stream. While such places will make delving into the earth harder, since we'll have to think of the need to drain the mine shafts, it will certainly be easier to find ore from lands where the soil has been removed and swept away by torrents.”

Ral drew a squiggly line and some crude arrow-like images, which supposedly represented trees, as she continued, “Tree, river and road. Those too are what we need to consider. Roads we can rule out, for there are none in the wilds. So, we will rely on the river. And that is good, for running water is what we need. But that is not all we need. For we need wood, lumber from trees: underground timbering, pump machinery, buildings, smelting and assaying. Wood is needed for that...”

The lecture went on for closer to an hour before Ral was done and ready to begin their trek into the wilds.

The journey took them north following the stream through the Plain of Corridors thick with ginkgo forests and grassy plains, boulders of dolomite dotting the landscape here and there amidst fields of blooming flowers.

It was a pleasant day to travel for there was nary a cloud in the sky and the spring sun warmed the travelers kindly. It was refreshing and a welcome change even for a dwarf accustomed to life deep within the earth (though to be fair, these dwarves were more of the hill variety than the ones living in the mountain halls deep under).

The stream they followed had not entirely thawed as of yet, and sheets of treacherous ice covered the water still in many a place.

Further to the north and west they noticed movement approaching them from the northeast, turning to follow their trail.

The travelers decided to stop and investigate. Who was following them out here in the wilds?

A large hairy humanoid crept through the dense vegetation towards the group. It was thin to the point of being malnourished, its brown hair looked mangy and the cold, azure eyes of its ape-like face gleamed with malicious intent: it had found a tasty meal.

“Sasquatch!”, Rith the jaguar man yelled out loud as he fired an arrow from his bow he had at ready.

The arrow hit its mark, digging deeply into the right side of the ape-like creature as Ral, Tulon and Edëm rushed to fend of the assaillant.

Ral swung her pick, hitting the creature in the leg with a sound of cracking bones. The sasquatch fell over.

But as it fell to the ground it grabbed Ral by her ankle. With a resounding snap, Ral's ankle gave in and she, too, fell down with a scream of agony.

She did not give in to the pain, and instead punched the skinny sasquatch in the head, causing it to release its hold.

That gave Ral an opening to swing with her pick and she clove the creature's right foot asunder.

From there on the ape-being was quickly overwhelmed by its prey and soon it lay on the ground unmoving, its body mutilated with scores of nasty wounds.

“Agh, my ankle,” Ral gritted her teeth as she tried to stand up, “Can one of you give me a hand? It seems that bastard got me good there.”

Rith walked to the dwarf, extending his hand and helping her up, “A vicious and feral one that was.”

“I thought these creatures were rare, barely nothing more than a myth,” Ral said as she eyed the mutilated corpse, “Yet here we are, and the first being we encounter in these blasted wilds is one.”

“It looked malnourished and hungry,” Rith explained, “They are normally reclusive beings avoiding anything that might cause them trouble. But it is not unheard of that hunger drives them to acts of desperation.”

“Well,” Ral said and grimaced as a wave of sharp pain hit her as she tried to stand with her mangled ankle, “Now it knows that it's best not to hunger for dwarf flesh. It got what it asked for.”

By the time they reached the border of the Forest of Constructing, Ral was able to walk on her own. Fortunately the damage to her ankle hadn't been as bad as it looked at first: only a minor sprain.

The weather was still fair and the day young as they walked along the bank of the stream, thickets of bamboo rising against a slope on the west.

Their packs now filled with fresh sasquatch meat, they made their way further north, keeping their eyes peeled open for any signs of precious minerals.

When they reached the Kind Lakes, located south of their destination, the weather had changed. Grey clouds now covered the sky and a heavy rain poured upon them, soaking them wet and chilling them to the bone.

“Damned rain, damn weather,” Tulon cursed as she pulled her wombat leather cap tighter down, “Miserable. Damp. Wet. As if the lakes and rivers didn't have enough water already!”

“Yes, it is wet and cold,” Ral replied to her, “But you very well better get used to it. We won't be returning to the warmth and coziness of the hillocks any time soon.”

“Oh to be back at the hearth of the drinking mound, warming my toes next to the fire...”, Edëm joined in the lamentation of Tulon.

Pfft, I'll never get used to the complaints of these mud-loving bastards, the jaguar man Rith thought as he listened to the others. He was used to life outdoors and could not understand why the typical dwarf hated the weather so much -- why, many of their hill-homes and tunnels in the rock were wet and damp! It's not like a little rain was so much different... Except that it was refreshing and not musky and dank like their cramped homes with heavy air.

As they came closer to the Lakes of Saturninity, they heard strange squishy voices from the stream. A group of three odd-looking creatures shaped like sponges with arms and legs were embroiled in a curious discussion.

The travelers decided to steer clear of these weird beings.

The sun was in the west when they caught the first glimpses of the waters of the Lakes of Saturninity in the north.

They would certainly reach the shores before nightfall, but surveying the land had to wait until the next day.

And indeed, they reached the lake before the dark of night enveloped them.

Walking under the shade of willows and plum trees they approached the water. Ral breathed in deeply of the gentle, cool breeze blowing from the east.

“Well,” she began as she put her hands on her hips looking to the horizon, “This is it. This is where we'll begin to survey the land.”

She turned to face the others and continued, “Remember what I said. Keep your eyes open for any signs of fragments or juices of minerals. Check sand and soil to see if there are traces of metals or gems.”

She paused for a moment, pointing at one of the swampy pools close to the shore, “If any springs or pools have strange color or taste, their waters may carry juices. The shores of the lake, however, are not the best of locations to find these riches. Even if the streams discharge into it.”

She then looked to the east where a gentle slope rose next to the shore, “There, look at that slope. Any water trickling or stream running down it may carry with it traces of minerals. These are the places where we shall begin our work.”

Looking west and noting the position of the sun, Ral continued, “But that is for the morrow. Now we should set camp before night falls. I feel sore and tired after the events of this day. As I expect you lot do too.”

They set up camp in a small nook in the slope with the broad canopy of an old, gnarled oak giving them some cover in case foul weather came upon them

“...And the elf said: are you going to eat that?”, Rith finished his joke. Edëm laughed heartily, “Ha ha ha... You're funny as always, Rith.”

“Well, did you hear the one about the orca and the gray langurs?”, Rith continued his joking.

“The what? Orca? What blasted manner of creature is that?”, Tulon asked the jaguar man. She had never heard of anything called that and surmised it was yet another creature made up by Rith.

“You know,” Rith turned to Tulon looking confused and taken aback, “Ah, never mind. You already ruined the joke...”

23rd of Slate, 371

Fair weather continued the next day as the group of prospectors began their search for the perfect spot for the perfect mine.

Ral didn't expect their venture to be an easy one, for as she looked more closely at the surroundings, she realized that this was not the kind of land where ores of iron -- which the king and baron much desired -- would be found in abundance. With luck they might find a barely profitable vein or two, but even then they would have to deal with the ground waters. The soil appeared to be of such a nature that it drank water with an unquenchable thirst and would disperse it on any who would breach the top layers.

They searched and searched, through plum and oak forest they went, entering the hilly bamboo thickets of the Forest of Constructing, drawing ever the closer to river Swayedcrypt.

No obvious signs of ore were visible. If there was any to be found -- which there must be, for why else would they have been sent to this area? -- it would be deeper in the ground. Possibly even beneath all the layers of soil, which appeared to be thick in these fertile lands.

Ral walked to the bank of the river Swayedcrypt and sighed.

The more she saw of the lay of the land, the more convinced she became that there was no easy, nor profitable, source of metals to be found here. She knew that on the other side of the river, to the northern shores of the Lakes of Saturninity, veins of red ironstone -- hematite, as scholars called it -- were to be found with but a glance of the naked eye. Of course she hadn't personally seen it, but word from that village of those disloyal capybara folk had it that the place was rich with it.

And yet those no-good rodents had not put it to use, nor filled the polite requests of the good-hearted baron to transport his rightful wealth to the capital. It just lay there in the rock, wasting. A blasphemy against the very will of the Silvery Mines, for he had gifted it to the children of the mountains. To be used in ways that would please the gods and bring praise their way.

“Look, I'm telling you,” Ral heard Edëm speaking to Tulon and Rith behind her with anxiety and excitement in his voice, “I felt a twitch. A tingle! In the tips of me moustache! Next to that stone slope over there yonder.”

Ral turned to look and noticed Edëm motioning to the west. Indeed, they had walked by a bare rock slope as they came to the river, but the stone, or soil around, showed no signs of metals or gems.

“Aye, there's mighty precious metals to be found there,” Edëm continued clenching his fists in front of him, “It is the divine guidance of the Golden Rock that brought us here! And now I felt the signs of it. In the true old and proper dwarven way--”

“Oh, come now Edëm,” Ral scoffed at the superstitious fool, “While the gods righteously deserve praise, the 'Old Ways' you tout of have been left behind for a reason. They hardly were reliable methods, but when even once of several hundred attempts they led to riches, it was seen as undeniable evidence of how such ways works.”

“But,” Edëm replied confused and insulted, “Of course it showed that such ways were true! What, you with all your science, well, have we found anything? No. Nothing. 'Look for juices', 'look for foul smells' and so on. Bah! What else is that than an insult against our gods who have created us with the ability to sense the very veins of metals with our hair?”

“Alright, alright!”, Ral barked at Edëm, “I've had just about enough of your yammering! We'll do it your way then! Prove me wrong. Explain to the baron and king then why we are not able to deliver.”

Ral seethed with anger as Tulon and Rith looked at each other, shrugging their shoulders while trying to avoid the conflict between the two miners.

“Here, take my pick,” Ral offered her bronze pick to Edëm, “You be the first to strike the earth. We could do without all this damn tangled greenery.”

Edëm clutched his own pick tightly against his chest, refusing Ral's pick, “I have my own trusty pick, and yes, I will do as you say. Mark my words: the tingle I felt was true!”

“No doubt,” Ral replied, already calming down, “Well then, this is where we begin and set up our outpost. At least there's water and plenty of lumber.”

“Not to mention the bounty these woods has to offer!”, Rith finally dared join in, raising the yet-to-be-butchered body of a giant coati he had hunted with Edëm before their arrival at the river.

While Edëm's methods were not something any self-respecting scholar would accept, Ral knew deep down that this was as good a place to dig as they could find in this area. If they dug deep enough, they were bound to hit hematite. Possibly they'd have to dig all the way to the upper caverns, but she knew they'd find it: the stone beneath the basin of Swayedcrypt was known to have large veins of the red ore of iron.

And when they would finally find it, she'd have to constantly hear how the Old Ways are true and really work. But she'd rather face that than return with empty pockets and drained coffers to the baron...

And then be sent to the hammerer.

=====

Okay, second part there.

I'll try to finish this side-venture tomorrow (hopefully), so we can get back to the capies (with Suwu and company being first).

Maybe these prospectors aren't the most interesting of characters, but this expedition will maybe make sense in the future (provided things go the way I expect, which they certainly will not)... Also, a brief glimpse into the mindset of the dwarves of Ustuth Ïdath (or how I perceive them).

We'll see how setting up camp goes since I'm planning to use advfort for some "prospecting". At least with Suwu's camp things went quite smooth with it, though I didn't use it much. I think smelters was something I didn't manage to get working with it. So, going to be making some backups on the way in case something gets messed up.

Guess that's all.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2023, 09:51:05 pm »

Tins notes.

Ah i am ssso elated, everything went to plan, no doubt the dwarven nobility are quaking in their boots.

It was powerful watching my venom take effect, it was a lot different than your average direbear or giant dingo. More time or more venom was required but each dwarf was different. So would fall instantly whilsst others could fight the effectss for the time. I tested it out on the first noble dwarf i ssaw.

The baron of Nosecanyon was certainly aptly named. The bite to the upper body and my vemon was already coursing through his veins. He chased me for a bit but still wasn't ssucumbbing to my venomous ways. A few more bites help speed the process up. I saw it in his eyes, he was dazed and dizzy. Footwork frantic was his body cried out in pain. His limbs started to become heavy and sluggish as grew drowsy and feverish. Then the paralysis took hold.

The is nothing like seeing the face of greedy nobility dying in the heat of battle, that brief fleating moment when hope and ambition was lost forever.

I started to get a kick out of it. I went for the queen next.

She was ssso eassy to ssenk up on. One bite and her fellow nobility paniced. They all tried to target me, a jobs a job. Kept punching the queen as the nobilty surrounded me.

The baroness of Beastgilt towered over me and blocked my path to the queen, one bite sent her to the ground, so weak that my venom instantly knocked her out.

The Queen kept running but was soon struck the ground as my venom took hold, a single punch followed by the weak gasps for air as she suffocated. It gave me such a thrill, that i started to target all the nobility to see if i can kill them as well.

Eventually my own target, the general. He was hiding. Such a coward was bridgetone. I wanted to serve and help The Bent Spears and all he wanted to do was put on a show. He hasn't trained in years. Too busy with his new lovers and then he was promoted to general. He has sat on his arse in Earthencradle for 138 years. He was evil old dwarf, refusing to give up his noble position to a younger more able candidate. He laughed a me and sent me away. I was without a home, doing odd jobs, beast hunting and minor mercenary work to make ends me. They say with age comes wisdom but not for all, General Bridgetone was an example of this, his "troops" were too busy drinking and flilting to see the nobility being decimated. Where was he, gambling with visitors.

A few bites and he ran, he didn't make it far. He was limp but alive. I showed him Defectplains the Barricaded Equality, the artifact spear. Slowly plunging it into his head. The general was no more.

I suspect that my actions and reason to do this was to start war with the goblins and get the bent spears to build and actually army instead of a show one. Why the King wants that and all these other jobs done. No clue but he isn't gonna be happy with Ingush ditching his duty.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 10:29:28 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2023, 10:19:44 pm »

nice, return of Waterlures and this new found outpost bodes well.

Meanwhile, the Black Mamba man assassin takes action against General Bridgestone. A fearsome and well-known saboteur, that one.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2023, 10:35:42 pm »

Indeed, enjoying the prospectors team story. Interested to see where it goes and adds the potential for them to pop up later in the world. The spongemen were a comedic surprise, they aren't exactly fearsome.

I wonder how the capys are doing, what the next generation will do.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49