Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40482 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #615 on: October 31, 2023, 01:09:43 pm »

((Yeah that sounds a bit too much so let's just can that idea and move on with things after a few days of token waiting and praying.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 31, 2023, 02:05:40 pm »

((Yeah that sounds a bit too much so let's just can that idea and move on with things after a few days of token waiting and praying.))
While we're in our waiting period, craft some poorly made cat plushies. Keida isn't actually sure what a cat looks like.

After a few days of token, waiting, praying, and plushie construction Keida performs the ritual again. You believe that this trip will take 10 days with all your equipment. It is as stable as it ever will be, which still isn't particularly stable. The trip will main especially dangerous no matter how long you wait.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 31, 2023, 02:27:36 pm »

Indaria, having run out of productive, or even marginally productive, things to do, isn't so foolish as to not realize that she's making the people that work under her anxious with her behavior, and so upon discovering the amusingly flawed plushie construction being performed by the eldar navigator, ended up settling upon joining in. She isn't so foolish as to not realize what the feline-focused eldar is interested in, and it's actually rather nice to find someone that celebrates her quirks instead of is repelled by them. So why not? And it keeps her in a critical area anyway with easy access to communications across the ship as necessary.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 31, 2023, 02:49:14 pm »

"This route is terrible, but we're better off than last time. Think her planet might just be cursed, captain?""

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 31, 2023, 02:51:27 pm »

"I told you, this is normal."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 31, 2023, 08:31:44 pm »

++It was worth an attempt, specially with how it is. In any case, prepare for pre-Warp rituals.++

Let's get the trip started!
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 01, 2023, 02:48:43 pm »

++It was worth an attempt, specially with how it is. In any case, prepare for pre-Warp rituals.++

Let's get the trip started!

Once again the ship fills with the sound of prayer and preparation. At your signal, the ship makes the jump.

Something feels off about the trip. You feel it in the back of your spine, like you are being watched by a predator. All aboard find themselves looking over their shoulder as if they're expecting a surprise attack.

Everyone officer manages to resist the Warp's influence save Indaria, who finds that she is no longer able to speak. She may continue to communicate through writing and frantic hand gestures, but every time she attempts to vocalize her breath is stolen as if she was punched in the gut (FEL penalty).

"This route is terrible, but we're better off than last time. Think her planet might just be cursed, captain?""

As the only one capable of gazing into the Warp, you notice that the planet is surrounded by a massive, raging, but consistent storm. Like a storm on a Gas Giant, a powerful tempest that lasts for centuries large enough to engulf whole planets many times over. One wrong move and the winds will catch the ship and drag you away, if they do not tear you to pieces first. But it is predictable - compared to the more chaotic storms that plague the warp only on occasion. The walls of wind will remain where they are rather than lashing out at the invaders from reality.

After three days you come across the first trial. A vision of a mirror. On one side of the mirror is an Ork Rok, popping in and out of existence at random, doing battle with past and future versions of itself numbering in the thousands. This one-ship battlefield will provide a physical encounter, should you fail to avoid the crossfire you'll be struck by its marobatteries. Should you manage to make yourself a target you'll be struck by worse. On the other side of the mirror is a pair of round eyes in perfect darkness. Your ship fits neatly in the moon like pupil. Should you choose this path you will be faced with a psychic encounter, with failure inviting deamons inside the ship.

Which path do you choose?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 01, 2023, 03:48:32 pm »

I choose the eyes, staring them head on. This vessel is only barely more sophisticated than the Roc, and that vessel technically outnumbers us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 01, 2023, 04:01:54 pm »

I choose the eyes, staring them head on. This vessel is only barely more sophisticated than the Roc, and that vessel technically outnumbers us.

You stare back into the eyes. The rest of the creature comes into view. If you knew what a cat was, you would recognize this creature as a giant warp-tainted version of one.

You find yourself in an open-topped maze the size of a planet. The cat creature twitches its tail high above you, waiting for an opportunity to strike. The walls are as tall as sky scrapers, but the path is too thin for a car to pass through. You must find a way out of the labyrinth, preferably without being attacked by the creature above. All actions will use Navigation (Warp) Skill. You may summon imaginary versions of your companions and items to assist you. These will be controlled by their original player, but nothing that happens here will effect the real version of anyone barring you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 01, 2023, 04:09:29 pm »

"You find yourself in a maze of twisty passageways, all alike."

Bring up my Wraithbone warp map. Maybe it can navigate this place?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 01, 2023, 04:16:25 pm »

"You find yourself in a maze of twisty passageways, all alike."

Bring up my Wraithbone warp map. Maybe it can navigate this place?

You manifest the Warp Map. Indeed it shows the maze, and you are able to figure out a path using the cat as a landmark. While you are distracted by the map the creature swipes at you, shaking the ground like an earthquake. Its paw gets stuck in the upper part of the maze and it is unable to reach you, this time. It returns to waiting.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 01, 2023, 04:40:31 pm »

Well, you know what they say. You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than your friends. And humans are quite slow.

Conjure images of Indaria, the Captain, and whatshisname, and then immediately sprint away from them down the charted path.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 01, 2023, 04:42:04 pm »

Chase the running Eldar!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 01, 2023, 10:13:55 pm »

The imaginary Captain has no idea what is going on but since there's running happening then it's likely running is the best idea. So he runs!

-What is happening here?-
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 01, 2023, 10:16:58 pm »

"Don't worry, everything is going to be fine. Don't stop running, though."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47