Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40508 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #585 on: October 02, 2023, 09:18:15 pm »

Prepare for another jump.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 03, 2023, 02:47:50 pm »

++Initiate corrective jump preparations.++ Marco would be far more interested were it a lost human civilization. As is, he can't be bothered with trying to make sense of a primitive sublight xeno species. He does however momentarily wonder just how such a civilization would see them.

...Or if they've already seen other spacecraft of of the Imperium or similarly-advanced xeno species.

++While we deal with preparations, see if you can decode those light emissions and send them a hail via Vox. I doubt the dirtbound dwellers did pick up Gothic, but the Emperor's Will works in odd ways at times.++

One of your deck mechanicus brings you a second report. The light emissions are in the visible spectrum, rather than the broader spectrum typically used for communication. They appear in bursts, long blinks mixed with short blinks, likely to send a message as the report concludes but with the currently available information there is no way to guess what that message is. The report notes that scans have not picked up any xeno civilization on any of the moons, the surfaces of which are apparently empty. Vox hails are sent out but no reply is forthcoming, the report notes that lumen aboard the ship would likely be able to emit the same light as the satellites and may be a possible avenue for communicating with them.

Prepare for another jump.

The ship once again fills with the usual pre-jump activity, songs, and rituals. You predict that the next jump will take a single day. Make the transition?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 03, 2023, 05:09:10 pm »

Hit it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 06, 2023, 02:13:53 pm »

Hit it.

Once more unto the breach in reality, dear friends, once more! Transition into the Warp is successful, with only the particularly vulnerable Indaria suffering from the usual maladies. She's gone partially blind, with objects right in front of her face disappearing into shadow if she looks at them too long.

You soon approach the two possible paths for what should be the only trial for this trip. In one direction is a swirling cloud of deamons screaming obscenities, if you dare this trial you will be faced with a pyschic encounter. Failure means a deamonic incursion on your ship. In the other, yet another reef in the ether. Running into it will damage the ship, but it can be avoided by the Lord Captain and your new Helmsman physically.

Which path do you take?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 06, 2023, 03:18:34 pm »

In case Egan doesn't reply, reef for sure. Exceptional Leadership applies where necessary.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 11, 2023, 12:34:41 pm »

Maybe Egan decided my post was enough?

And I seeeee. It'll depend on how curious the rest of the team is I guess.

I don't remember the navis primer rules so I'll defer to your judgement.

You 'choose' to direct the ship toward the Warp Reef, sending directions to Rouri to keep the ship from running straight into it. Thanks to your ludicrous amount of equipment, you are easily able to give a clear picture of how to avoid it, and communicate this to the helmsmen. Rouri promptly runs straight into the warp phenomena. It doesn't manage to pierce the Ark Royal's mighty armor, they really should have upscaled that threat. 1d10+2 can't even hurt a transport unless it crits. I guess it scratched the paint a bit.

With your brief encounter with the Void failing to damage you in any significant way, you exit the warp before the day is through. You find yourself where this journey started, an unassuming uncharted system notable only for the Eldar hideout on one of the moons of a gas giant.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 11, 2023, 12:44:39 pm »

Surely scratching our mighty hull paint is bad luck because our lack of caution disrespects the emperor and the great imperium and we'll be set back at least a month repainting all the murals and need to buy a bunch of gold and skulls to redo the filigree...

And some of the artwork we scratched off was made using now-lost techniques which we cannot really replace.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 15, 2023, 11:28:24 pm »

++Deliver the statues to our benefactors. I will oversee the repainting of scratched areas of the Ark Royal's armor.++
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 16, 2023, 01:42:33 pm »

++Deliver the statues to our benefactors. I will oversee the repainting of scratched areas of the Ark Royal's armor.++

The ship gives a code signal to the Eldar before entering orbit over their hideout. It is well hidden on a barren moon, if you had not been told of its location you would never be able to find it barring being guided by the Emperor himself. Eldar cargo ships appear almost from thin air out of the unassuming base blending into the background, giving a return signal before docking on the ship. They trade brief words with the Jester before beginning to unload the statues as if each was a newborn babe, wrapping them in protective covering resembling silk sheets before gently bringing them into the ship with inhuman amount of care. They refuse to interact with your crew otherwise - outright ignoring them may be the greatest politeness they can afford your human crew.

The scratched paint takes much labor to fix (not that this is a problem, you're not the one doing the labor). You can't help to note that the damage, at a distance, looks like a warning or threat in High Gothic scratched as if with a knife. "DEATH COMES". Fortunately the work crew is entirely illiterate in High Gothic, and are unlikely to spread this as a bad omen .

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 16, 2023, 02:12:33 pm »

You know that the warning can't be that important, being scrawled in such an unsophisticated language.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 19, 2023, 03:38:31 pm »

"I've seen worse. Helmsman Rouri should certainly me more careful to avoid further ominous scribbles on our hull however."

As soon as the damage to the paint is fixed set up a course for our next mission location.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 21, 2023, 03:37:24 pm »

"I've seen worse. Helmsman Rouri should certainly me more careful to avoid further ominous scribbles on our hull however."

As soon as the damage to the paint is fixed set up a course for our next mission location.

That being Indaria's homeworld?

You know that the warning can't be that important, being scrawled in such an unsophisticated language.

You ignore the warning and begin preparations for the next jump. Including all of your equipment that shortens Warp voyages, it will likely take 20 days from here, according to your calculations. Given how unstable the route is you are not entirely certain on that estimate. This Warp Route is likely to be especially dangerous, even for a short trip. Do you make the jump?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 21, 2023, 03:37:55 pm »

It is time to jump again! Man I yearn to return to the relative safety of the webway~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 21, 2023, 03:38:58 pm »

the last post was exactly two days ago how did you ninja me by 30 seconds.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 21, 2023, 03:43:07 pm »

I settle in, but spend some time reviewing my old stuff. It'll be interesting to see if things are calm or not when we get home.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47