Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40620 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #495 on: July 19, 2023, 03:38:04 pm »

"Lucky you. Isn't it too convenient that he's the emperor's son, though?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 19, 2023, 03:51:58 pm »

"Doesn't matter if he was or wasn't. Emperor said he is so he is. An I'm not complaining or questioning bout the guy that kept me alive an has the Emperor's approval."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 19, 2023, 10:38:39 pm »

"A fair deal as far as I am concerned. We should at least make sure to exchange astropathic contact codes. It cannot hurt to keep each other in mind, just in case. Our talk was quite productive in the end, so thank you."

"I have decided I'll be taking Captain Ruori with me."

With that out of the way, Marco makes sure to discreetly ask the Governor if he can borrow the glass Triggvaldr had used so a very curious Biologis can take a look at the sample. Plus it's time to inquire whether he can do some exploring and prospecting away from the fortress now that this little issue has been solved in such a way his world will be more peaceful (at least temporarily).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 20, 2023, 01:52:15 pm »

With that out of the way, Marco makes sure to discreetly ask the Governor if he can borrow the glass Triggvaldr had used so a very curious Biologis can take a look at the sample. Plus it's time to inquire whether he can do some exploring and prospecting away from the fortress now that this little issue has been solved in such a way his world will be more peaceful (at least temporarily).

The Governor graciously allows you to keep the tea cup.

"Of course. I am greatly in your debt! Our world is rich in mineral resources, at least in the locals that had not been stripped bare during construction of the fortress. Do make sure to equip any mining equipment with the proper defenses and garrison. While your stature makes you immune to our local laws that require such things, the lands beyond the fortress are vulnerable to raiders when war breaks out. I would hate for you to lose your investment to xenos."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 20, 2023, 02:55:34 pm »

"It was a pleasure dealing with you, and I'm still interested in having our scribes set out the details for any necessary cooperation to establish a safe haven this side of the Maw."

Excellent! Marco makes sure to store the cup properly to save as much as possible from Triggvaldr's spit, then after reuniting with his crew he double-times to the Biologis laboratory to deliver the sample she wants.

He also calls up the Ark to start scanning the planet both for the exact location of their prize so they can start digging—plus anything they could also take take without wasting much time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 03:04:58 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 20, 2023, 03:41:37 pm »

"It was a pleasure dealing with you, and I'm still interested in having our scribes set out the details for any necessary cooperation to establish a safe haven this side of the Maw."

Excellent! Marco makes sure to store the cup properly to save as much as possible from Triggvaldr's spit, then after reuniting with his crew he double-times to the Biologis laboratory to deliver the sample she wants.

He also calls up the Ark to start scanning the planet both for the exact location of their prize so they can start digging—plus anything they could also take take without wasting much time.

"I imagine this mine of your is the first step of setting up your haven, is it not? If so we have much time to discuss the details. From my point of view the optimal Trader habitat would be an orbital facility above Rook's Crown. This would prevent the more...unruly guests from causing trouble as I've had the headache to deal with, allow you to properly run the facility without my oversight, and allow Star Ships to dock and repair should you make the facility large enough. I'm willing to sign off on the airspace and material rights, though I am quite afraid my own logistic network is devoted to the defense of the planet and can not be directed toward its construction in these trying times."

Unceremoniously the Traders return to the Garden, collecting their men. The guards of the feuding traders, including the arguing pilot and swordsman, stand awkwardly at attention not knowing where their own current loyalties lie. This awkwardness is soon broken by the pilot - apparently one of Ruori's men - running up to him and asking an urgent question in a low voice.

"So Boss...she's staying with us, right?"

By breaking the awkwardness, I of course mean enhancing it.

You've checked the prize's location before and its location remains unchanged: Deep in the heart of the Fortress itself. Directly below your feet at the moment, appropriately enough.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 20, 2023, 03:53:41 pm »

I listen closely to the response. I want to know what they're talking about.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 20, 2023, 03:59:27 pm »

Acquire cover.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 20, 2023, 05:06:19 pm »

"I agree with that notion and would happily look for the manpower to work on its construction. If it is up to ship captains, many will never touch down on land. It is fairly common among the Battlefleet bloodlines for entire generations to live and die without ever experiencing a planet's atmosphere."

"Talking of about the fortress, just how old is it?"
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 20, 2023, 09:19:30 pm »

"So Boss...she's staying with us, right?"
"Of course. She's a vital participant of this mission. Load her up in one of the cargo bays."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 09:36:47 pm by Maximum Spin »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 21, 2023, 02:09:02 pm »

I listen closely to the response. I want to know what they're talking about.

Nobody else seems to talk in a lowered tone, so the conversation is easy to follow.

Acquire cover.

You return to your favorite place on the fortress, in the loving protection of one of the peach trees.

"I agree with that notion and would happily look for the manpower to work on its construction. If it is up to ship captains, many will never touch down on land. It is fairly common among the Battlefleet bloodlines for entire generations to live and die without ever experiencing a planet's atmosphere."

"Talking of about the fortress, just how old is it?"

"It is difficult to say exactly, unfortunately. Much of our founding stories are more legend than recorded history. Constant warfare has burned most of our earlier records, so we only have oral history passed down through the ages from the earliest days of this planet's colonization. Not to mention how...questionable the flow of time itself has been recently. Our planet was originally colonized during the time of Kobras Aquairre. Not by him mind, as you can perhaps tell from the fact our planet is flourishing with life, but by a more opportunistic trader that took the opportunity for human expansion while he was cutting a path through the foul xenos. A fortified city was erected on this spot to protect the sacred peach trees, which would later be expanded to the full fortress. I would say...nine hundred to eight hundred years is a fair if broad estimate."

"Of course. She's a vital participant of this mission. Load her up in one of the cargo bays."

Twig scoffs. "Of course she'll be coming with us. We still need a hosta- representative from the Governor to ensure that he doesn't try to kill us before the Inscrutable Horse returns. Load her up in our cargo bay."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 21, 2023, 02:37:21 pm »

"You know what, I'm feeling generous after winning our engagement. Half and half?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 21, 2023, 02:44:22 pm »

Younger than many Warrants, older than a few. "I see. What about the psychic presence under us? The crew's psyker pointed out it is quite noticeable."
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 21, 2023, 03:02:50 pm »

"You know what, I'm feeling generous after winning our engagement. Half and half?"

"Half by volume or half by weight?"

Younger than many Warrants, older than a few. "I see. What about the psychic presence under us? The crew's psyker pointed out it is quite noticeable."

"Long ago the Emperor planted a golden seed as a gift to his most faithful followers. A fraction of himself. This seed grew into the sacred peach trees. Because of them we never knew hunger no matter what trials he throws our way. This light is the Emperor's blessing, and over it is the only place at which our sacred peaches grow. Our planet developed around this location for this reason, with the fortress following to protect it from the evil forces of the universe."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 21, 2023, 03:47:37 pm »

That makes things complicated. If this is the source of the peach trees, will the immediately wilt and die if it's recovered? And how should he recover it? He isn't a good thief, and none of his crew is either.

"I see. Is it something tangible like a literal seed or a piece of His armor?"
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47