Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40647 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #465 on: April 16, 2023, 12:47:14 am »

"So Captain Ruori, what are your skills and possessions? What exactly do you bring to the table of a partnership?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 16, 2023, 10:40:36 am »

The Governor General signals to his guards, who lead you and Rouri to a second war room down the hall. It is larger, resembling a ship's command deck with dozens of chairs and hundreds of monitors currently showing nothing of interest in this rare time of peace. The guards then leave the room to stand by the door, leaving you in privacy with your interviewee.

"Most importantly, I'm a skilled gunner and pilot of all kinds of craft. I have a background in astromancy, which is a key advantage in realspace navigation not shared by many common pilots. Beyond that, I have connections among the nobility and mercantile classes, which might be of value."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 26, 2023, 06:56:02 am »

"How do you feel about xeno and abhuman crewmembers? Do you have a Schola training, have you any outstanding vendettas aside from Triggvaldr? Any important hatreds?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 26, 2023, 04:50:39 pm »

"I already mentioned the astromancy, and I think you must have heard about my family history, but that first one's an oddly specific question, why do you ask?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2023, 04:56:52 pm »

Eventually Indaria grows concerned. The talks have been ongoing for far too long, and we've heard nothing from our Trader.
"Hey, Kedia? This is taking too long. Lets talk to the other guards, and come up as a group to make sure all our charges are okay."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2023, 05:10:56 pm »

"I suppose." She replies simply. The eldar is used to diplomacy taking at least a couple days, but humans are impulsive creatures, after all. She leaves behind the tree she has been leaning against and makes for the cargo elevator.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2023, 11:20:41 pm »

"I already mentioned the astromancy, and I think you must have heard about my family history, but that first one's an oddly specific question, why do you ask?"

"Because it is relevant for a position in the vessel. Hence the other questions; it's important not only to know whether you have distastes that would make some negotiations harder or best avoided, but also whether crew selection is an issue." He doesn't want to show all of the cards until he's made his pick, but he also can't pick without first figuring whether they're a good fit. A small conundrum.

There's a pause as he thinks back to the idea of the infamous, spiky-armored xenos raiders."Even if I'd never entertain some sorts."
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2023, 11:42:33 pm »

Eventually Indaria grows concerned. The talks have been ongoing for far too long, and we've heard nothing from our Trader.
"Hey, Kedia? This is taking too long. Lets talk to the other guards, and come up as a group to make sure all our charges are okay."
"I suppose." She replies simply. The eldar is used to diplomacy taking at least a couple days, but humans are impulsive creatures, after all. She leaves behind the tree she has been leaning against and makes for the cargo elevator.

Annoyed and concerned that the meeting time has now reached a double digit of minutes, the cat-clowder proceeds to the cargo elevator. Imposing guards stand on either side as if someone stationed classical statues for its defense. Elite Peachkeepers, as their peach-motif uniforms show. It is unclear if they're here to keep an eye on the Governor's children, to keep fighting from breaking out among the assorted retinue, or if they're living up to their names and insuring that nobody here harms the peach trees. Whatever their purpose, the Dominator-pattern pistols at their hips should be able to handle things non-lethally. Or ultra-lethaly, if they're serious about protecting those trees. It seems likely they stationed themselves around the elevators to secure an entry point for reinforcements should their services prove necessary.

Neither guard acknowledges you as you approach, with both seemingly scanning the room for potential dangers.

"Because it is relevant for a position in the vessel. Hence the other questions; it's important not only to know whether you have distastes that would make some negotiations harder or best avoided, but also whether crew selection is an issue." He doesn't want to show all of the cards until he's made his pick, but he also can't pick without first figuring whether they're a good fit. A small conundrum.

There's a pause as he thinks back to the idea of the infamous, spiky-armored xenos raiders."Even if I'd never entertain some sorts."

"I'm hearing 'because my crew is full of xenos and I need to know you're not the Inquisitive type.'

Well, I suppose I'm not, as long as you'll understand if I avoid water cooler banter with anything too nauseating-looking."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 16, 2023, 01:13:24 am »

(Not to worry, this crew is more along the 'hot alien babes' line. Probably.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2023, 12:32:33 pm »

"More than one, but certainly not a crew full of them. It is a necessary compromise due to our current endeavor." Marco's reply is almost as humorless as you'd expect from someone still wearing his naval Commissariat uniform, like he isn't too fond of the idea either.

"What is your specialty when it comes to piloting? Small craft or voidships? Are there any pict-recordings of your exploits as a pilot? And any inquiries of your own?"
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 16, 2023, 05:12:06 pm »

"More than one, but certainly not a crew full of them. It is a necessary compromise due to our current endeavor." Marco's reply is almost as humorless as you'd expect from someone still wearing his naval Commissariat uniform, like he isn't too fond of the idea either.

"What is your specialty when it comes to piloting? Small craft or voidships? Are there any pict-recordings of your exploits as a pilot? And any inquiries of your own?"

"I'm familiar with both voidships and flyers. My talents are certainly best employed at the higher level, but I can be just as effective on recon, combat, and even shipping missions while we're parked in orbit. Unfortunately, my 'exploits' have not generally been well suited to recording, but it's conceivable that you may be able to find some archive footage out there in cold case files or war reporting.

As for my questions? Well, to start off, what is your 'current endeavor', who has ordered it, and what kind of risks and renumeration can I expect?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 16, 2023, 05:35:33 pm »

Kedia tilts her head at Indaria, ponders the situation for a moment, and concludes that it would be best for someone other than the "filthy mutant" to begin talking. Even though she doesn't really care about this.

"Guard. We think the talks have gone on longer than normal. Has the governor called to explain this yet? We need to verify that our captain is not in danger."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2023, 06:09:47 pm »

Kedia tilts her head at Indaria, ponders the situation for a moment, and concludes that it would be best for someone other than the "filthy mutant" to begin talking. Even though she doesn't really care about this.

"Guard. We think the talks have gone on longer than normal. Has the governor called to explain this yet? We need to verify that our captain is not in danger."

The left guard finally turns his head toward the two of you. He checks a chrono while attempting to hide his confusion.

"Your exalted Trader must be a truly efficient man if a meeting of this length is cause for concern. I have heard nothing from his Highness the Governor, a silence that no doubt promises that your master is safe. Rest assured that there is nowhere in the expanse that he could possibly be safer."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 16, 2023, 08:52:24 pm »

As for my questions? Well, to start off, what is your 'current endeavor', who has ordered it, and what kind of risks and renumeration can I expect?"

"It'd be a bit too impolite to reveal the information about said endeavor right now. Become part of the crew and you will be brought to speed."

"Ship to ship combat is expected at some point. Possibly against heretical raiders, certainly against a xenos capital ship. As for remuneration, you will be granted an equal distribution of rewards as with my existing senior officers."

"And since I've made sure I have no hanger ons from my Dynasty, you'd have captaincy of a future vessel."
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 17, 2023, 09:18:19 am »

"It'd be a bit too impolite to reveal the information about said endeavor right now. Become part of the crew and you will be brought to speed."

"Ship to ship combat is expected at some point. Possibly against heretical raiders, certainly against a xenos capital ship. As for remuneration, you will be granted an equal distribution of rewards as with my existing senior officers."

"And since I've made sure I have no hanger ons from my Dynasty, you'd have captaincy of a future vessel."

"I suppose these terms are amenable. I'll also need an assurance of autonomy in my field of expertise. I will answer to you, not to coequal officers.
And lastly, when invited to join a secret mission, I expect a reasonable upfront payment, in case of unforeseeable outcomes."

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47