Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40685 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2022, 12:49:20 pm »

++The assistance is appreciated.++ The Lord-Captain is tempted to at least say he's given it his best try! In case the upstart dirtsiders get uppity and even more violent it'll be very sad but necessary for him to take over everything they own.

Let's go check on those people!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2022, 01:46:20 pm »

Approaching the Lord-Captain as he make ready to leave, Tallion asks (his helmet actually off, and tucked under his arm, this time). "Do you need me to go down with you... Sir?" He all but had to spit out that last part, given how foreign showing deference to a Mon'Kei....human still was to him. "Cause if not, then I shall head down and see what my fellow Aeldari is doing planet side."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2022, 01:50:43 pm »

"Your presence shouldn't be necessary unless there is danger to be expected. You are dismissed and free to spend time with your fellow eldar; keep in mind the planet's rabid hatred of your kind and the need to be cautious in mind, of course." The Emperor knows Tallion should probably be given something to do that isn't too taxing, just in case they need all combatants in top form soon.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2022, 07:35:45 pm »

++The assistance is appreciated.++ The Lord-Captain is tempted to at least say he's given it his best try! In case the upstart dirtsiders get uppity and even more violent it'll be very sad but necessary for him to take over everything they own.

Let's go check on those people!

The Skrimshaw artist turns out to be alive, if in poor shape. An old Warrior covered in old wounds (and as it would turn out, new wounds). One of his legs is made of ivory, with a worn carving of the battle he lost it in showing its age. A walking stick is in his opposite hand, topped with a carving of a Rex head and dotted with carved skulls in the Imperial fashion. Perhaps more relevantly to the task at hand his eyes are covered by a piece of cloth matching his camouflaged outfit, with a guide animal resembling a feathered lizard the size of a large dog leading him by a leash in his free hand. Burn marks cover what can be seen of his face, going down to what shows of his neck.

"Lord Trader, I am told you had a commission for me?" The man bows in your general direction. "Or are you looking for a grizzled veteran to put bolts in a few more xenos before the Emperor calls for him?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2022, 01:40:15 pm »

"I could take you away to die far from home if that is your wish, but not here, not now. I have a commission instead. Two of my fellow traders are having a 'dispute' and I would appreciate if you could be of assistance for a discreet assignment. You will be rewarded accordingly, of course." Marco replies.

Let's see what he thinks of the job!

>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:54 pm »

"I could take you away to die far from home if that is your wish, but not here, not now. I have a commission instead. Two of my fellow traders are having a 'dispute' and I would appreciate if you could be of assistance for a discreet assignment. You will be rewarded accordingly, of course." Marco replies.

Let's see what he thinks of the job!

"Hah, the Galaxy must truly be imperiled if men such as I must be sent to defend it. I will do my best to do as asked. That's all I've ever been able to do. Still I can not imagine any skills I still possess that are worth keeping hidden, nor those that would end a Trader's feud. As rambunctious as the little ones get they can still be made peaceful with a slice of peach pie. I imagine the wrath of a Trader is something much more difficult to overcome."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2022, 11:46:15 am »

"The Galaxy is imperiled indeed, but we must do our part."

"And it is a matter related to hunting trophies. Both claim to have felled the same beast and are warring over it."

"While with the assistance of the local Mechanicus we were able to create a similar trophy using Imperial technology, the body is too unblemished. We need someone skilled enough to add artificial wear and tear to the beast's teeth, feet, and hide. It need not be perfect, only good enough to withstand a cursory look."
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2022, 12:56:04 pm »

Lets start small, heading to the smallest presence, and starting off by looking up the location and its history before even heading over there. Gotta know what to expect to know what's weird.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2022, 08:08:10 pm »

"The Galaxy is imperiled indeed, but we must do our part."

"And it is a matter related to hunting trophies. Both claim to have felled the same beast and are warring over it."

"While with the assistance of the local Mechanicus we were able to create a similar trophy using Imperial technology, the body is too unblemished. We need someone skilled enough to add artificial wear and tear to the beast's teeth, feet, and hide. It need not be perfect, only good enough to withstand a cursory look."

"And I suppose my part is for the teeth? It is certainly something unexpected. I can make something that would fool an armature with little effort even in my current state. How soon will you need this done, my lord?"

Lets start small, heading to the smallest presence, and starting off by looking up the location and its history before even heading over there. Gotta know what to expect to know what's weird.

Aside from the fort, the others all have the same intensity.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2022, 08:10:58 pm »

least populated then. And if those are tied then closest.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2022, 08:30:48 pm »

least populated then. And if those are tied then closest.

The least populated is the presence by the three villages, even when the population of the three villages are added together.

Does everyone else on the ground team agree to go here?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2022, 08:32:33 pm »

One of us knows survival, right? Wouldn't want to walk into the jungle without that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2022, 08:36:24 pm »

Quote from: Indaria
Skills: Survival (int)
Int: 25

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2022, 08:53:36 pm »

(If only it weren't an Advanced skill, I could nearly match that with my 45 int :p )

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2022, 12:42:25 pm »

As Indriana and Kadia decide where to begin their search, a vox comes down from their ship in orbit. It seems someone else is coming down to join them in their endeavor. Strangely enough the message, though having all the appropriate signal markers of being from their ship, is said completely in the language of the Eldar rather than Low Gothic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47