Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40497 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2022, 11:52:13 pm »

"Indeed. They argh, ah, a generous gift."

((Eldar bolos probably still count as exotic weapons to me, I just get proficiency with a limited set of the more standard stuff. But who am I to argue with Errata?))

Probably not too hard to use, then, but I'll locate a pair of trees or such for practice, since I haven't used such a weapon before.
...Hopefully they're not too heavy for my noodly elf arms.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2022, 11:58:59 pm »

After checking the bolas, pass them over to the Eldar
"Seems like they're quality work, you might like em."
turning back to the hunter.
"Not what I meant. Most beasts I've hunted have some kind of venom, but they also aren't really able to be tamed. I don't know yours as well as you do, and I'm no beastmaster. Is there any venom or other special tricks to worry about?"

He waves you over to one of the dinos the Warriors are riding.

"This is a Raptor."

It is about the size of a horse, with scale-like feathers covering its body.

"You see these claws? It fights with them when it can. You do not want to get hit by them. If they take you to the ground they'll tear you apart."

Its claws are indeed big, bigger than your hand easily. Surprisingly sharp as well.

"Other than that it has sharp teeth. It will bite in when its claws are stuck in you, but it wants to fight with those big claws. It can get neither in you if you are on its back. It hunts in packs and if the pack is attacking something has gone very wrong. There are other dinos that may be dangerous, but should we find they are in the area we will evacuate immediately for your safety. Rexes do not have venom either but their teeth are as big as these claws."

"Indeed. They argh, ah, a generous gift."

((Eldar bolos probably still count as exotic weapons to me, I just get proficiency with a limited set of the more standard stuff. But who am I to argue with Errata?))

Probably not too hard to use, then, but I'll locate a pair of trees or such for practice, since I haven't used such a weapon before.
...Hopefully they're not too heavy for my noodly elf arms.

They collectively weigh less than a kiliogram. Somehow your arms manage to lift it up over your head to spin.

Your technique leaves a lot to be desired, but you manage to capture a tree ten meters away with your first throw. What will you name your new tree?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2022, 12:11:30 am »

"Teeth and claws, no venom, no color-shifts, no plague, no radar, no webs. got it. Thank you."
I go over to the tree to retrieve the bolas and give them back to the Eldar.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 12:32:41 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2022, 12:12:18 am »

Please let me retrieve my own bolas.

And the tree is named Spruiciey.
I'll climb and mount the tree to simulate the breaking part.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2022, 10:06:14 am »

"I fear there will soon be a time when we call and none answer."

"I should contact and hopefully meet them sometime soon. I'm still unsure how many hulls of Passage Watch 27-Est ended up on the wrong side of the Maw."

"Can you think of a solution to the conflict? A non-violent one, I mean."

Foolish, vain behavior and part of the reason his House had fallen enough a purge had been carried out. But this isn't Marco's family and he isn't fighting to obtain the Guerra Warrant, so he must be diplomatic. At first blush Commissariat training is of no help; such a disruptive situation's solution boiled down to 'summarily execute both and let the Emperor sort them out'. While he knows better than to do that, he needs more information.

"As a Warrant holder myself I'll mediate their conflict, Governor-General." And failing that, possibly 'take care' of them in a different way, given the chance. His face's grim, the suspicions about the 'spontaneous live fire exercises' completely confirmed.

"I need their names, the extent of their conflict and the forces involved, their preferences, vox-channels, what vessels they own and all other relevant intel. Including a pict of the disputed trophy if available."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2022, 03:11:06 pm »

"Teeth and claws, no venom, no color-shifts, no plague, no radar, no webs. got it. Thank you."
I go over to the tree to retrieve the bolas and give them back to the Eldar.

Please let me retrieve my own bolas.

And the tree is named Spruiciey.
I'll climb and mount the tree to simulate the breaking part.

You race to retrieve the bola. The Catgirl won. Her feline instinct to play with string is stronger than the Eldar's pride it seems.

You successfully climb Spruiciey! You successfully break the tree! Thankfully you are not damaged in the ensuing fall, nor is a new Chaos born from this unfortunate fall of the Eldar.

"I fear there will soon be a time when we call and none answer."

"I should contact and hopefully meet them sometime soon. I'm still unsure how many hulls of Passage Watch 27-Est ended up on the wrong side of the Maw."

"Can you think of a solution to the conflict? A non-violent one, I mean."

Foolish, vain behavior and part of the reason his House had fallen enough a purge had been carried out. But this isn't Marco's family and he isn't fighting to obtain the Guerra Warrant, so he must be diplomatic. At first blush Commissariat training is of no help; such a disruptive situation's solution boiled down to 'summarily execute both and let the Emperor sort them out'. While he knows better than to do that, he needs more information.

"As a Warrant holder myself I'll mediate their conflict, Governor-General." And failing that, possibly 'take care' of them in a different way, given the chance. His face's grim, the suspicions about the 'spontaneous live fire exercises' completely confirmed.

"I need their names, the extent of their conflict and the forces involved, their preferences, vox-channels, what vessels they own and all other relevant intel. Including a pict of the disputed trophy if available."

"Rogue Trader Triggvaldr and Honored Guest Rouri are their names. They've been exchanging small arms fire and engaging in melee combat for the most part. House troops on both side are equipped with autoguns. Both have recruited some skilled locals, a talented swordsman and a promising pilot respectively. I have vox channels meant for communicating with the leadership on both sides, but nothing more if you were intending to tap into their communication networks. Honored Guest Rouri owns no ship but was brought aboard an allied Trader which has sense left for new ports. Rogue Trader Triggvaldr is Lord-Captain of a torpedo destroyer. It had made a Warp trip elsewhere after Rouri and his pilots had successfully launched a small craft raid against it, likely for repairs. I know little of their...preferences, having spent little time with them personally. Currently the Trophy is being kept in my personal meat cooler for preservation. It would perhaps be better to send someone to examine its current quality rather than a simple pict."

He pops the peach into his mouth.

"Thank you. I will return this favor in kind. I have little other intelligence to offer, save for the location of their headquarters. I will keep a Vox line open should you need further assistance."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2022, 04:03:12 pm »

Marco isn't at all happy with this mess caused by his fellow Traders. A part of his brain nags him to fall back on Commissar training and execute the interlopers for their unbecoming behavior, but his generous host wants less bloodshed and collateral damage as well as future allies rather than smouldering corpses. Plus, going strictly by his training, Indaria would be happier with the Emperor's Mercy but so far he hasn't regretted employing her.

Then there's the matter of the eccentric Eldar...

"How complicated the simple things have become." Captain Guerra said with an exhale, as much to the Governor as to himself. "I should examine the trophy then. Have you considered building an orbital station or an elevator, Governor?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2022, 08:41:16 pm »

Now that she has names to work with, Symonne begins placing out feelers for information on the other traders. Learning some of their dirty secrets might make it easier to bring them to the negotiating table, after all.

"If I may offer an unconventional solution? The Adeptus Mechanicus is rumored to be able to grow bodies using their arcane arts, which they use to create servitors. What if we could convince them to grow a copy of the Trophy? Neither of the Traders would be able to claim that their prize is lesser or greater than the other if they each receive an exact duplicate."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2022, 09:13:43 pm »

Ready to proceed. Keeping my (heightened senses) ears peeled for danger whilst my (heightened senses) eyes obviously slack off gawking at the scenery.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2022, 09:54:07 pm »

Marco isn't at all happy with this mess caused by his fellow Traders. A part of his brain nags him to fall back on Commissar training and execute the interlopers for their unbecoming behavior, but his generous host wants less bloodshed and collateral damage as well as future allies rather than smouldering corpses. Plus, going strictly by his training, Indaria would be happier with the Emperor's Mercy but so far he hasn't regretted employing her.

Then there's the matter of the eccentric Eldar...

"How complicated the simple things have become." Captain Guerra said with an exhale, as much to the Governor as to himself. "I should examine the trophy then. Have you considered building an orbital station or an elevator, Governor?"

"Orbital stations and elevators are not consistent with our strategic goals. An orbital station would be less defended than an addition to the fortress while being more difficult logistically. Our fortress is equipped with land-based Void Shields that would surpass a small station, with thick armor should they fail. With our missile systems we are capable of engaging targets anywhere in the system making a ground-based defense our best option."

Now that she has names to work with, Symonne begins placing out feelers for information on the other traders. Learning some of their dirty secrets might make it easier to bring them to the negotiating table, after all.

"If I may offer an unconventional solution? The Adeptus Mechanicus is rumored to be able to grow bodies using their arcane arts, which they use to create servitors. What if we could convince them to grow a copy of the Trophy? Neither of the Traders would be able to claim that their prize is lesser or greater than the other if they each receive an exact duplicate."

You order your underlings to start looking for dirt on the other Traders. One must wonder what it would take to have the upper-hand on them given their public rumors involve crime and murder. You should receive information before you begin to talk to either of them.

"That sounds like a brilliant solution. Perhaps it may be best to avoid telling them one is vat grown. I am sure that fact might reduce its value in their eyes compared to the free-range version. I know of no such facilities on my planet, but we do have a Genetor outpost in the wilds studying the local dinos. We also have techpriests working in our industrial facilities, but I am not sure they would be capable of something so much outside their scope."

Wrangling Team

As it turns out the hunting grounds are a three day trip away from the landing zone, given that megafauna tends to avoid civilization. Indaria was given her bola and you where lead to a reedy river. From there you entered a small boat that was equipped to the crocodile like creature. The crocodile is no longer naked. From there the crocodile pulled you up stream while the other warriors rode along the bank. At night the warriors set up sizeable flackgrass tents, taking turns on night watch among themselves to allow their guest a full night's sleep. For every meal you had some surprisingly delicious peaches that filled you with strength and energy. No matter how much you eat you don't seem to tire of the taste. The weather is eternally pleasant. Most of the area you pass over is grassland, filled with lesser plant-munching dinos munching lesser non-bulletproof grass. Several times the warriors break to hunt said dinos, showing off a variety of traditional tactics to give their mounts a special treat on the trail.

On the third day you reach the jungle.

"And here we are! We'll set up camp here by the river so we'll be easy to find. Just follow the river downstream if you ever get lost. Dinos need to drink too so we know the Raptors have to come this way if they haven't dried up somewhere. We'll patrol the waters with that little guy who brought you here so you don't have to worry about anything jumping out and grabbing you if you get too close.  Have you ladies decided on how you're going to do this hunt?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2022, 11:09:17 pm »

"My interest was practical rather than defensive. With us stranded on this side of the Maw and on this side of the galaxy even if the passage itself settles down, creating a safe haven for trusted captains would likely be a boon to the world."

"I understand the operational security concerns, however."

Symonne's proposal brings Marco some relief. It's a good, if unusual idea, and while he doesn't know if it's possible the Biologis should be able to clear that up. "We should meet that Genetor."
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2022, 04:30:01 pm »

"I agree, Governor-General. Assuming this is even possible, we should make every effort to ensure that neither trader ever knows which is the original beast and which is the copy. I would even suggest inflicting identical wounds with identical weapons, if possible. In any case, we won't know more until we talk to the Genetor. Could we impose on you to write us a letter of introduction?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2022, 04:41:42 pm »

"I wonder if inflicting identical wounds wouldn't actually rouse their suspicion instead." Since Marco figures it might draw attention to their suspicious similarity.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2022, 05:14:56 pm »

Symonne nodded in acquiescence.

"Perhaps you're correct. I was thinking that if they both had identical trophies, then neither would be able to know which was the copy. Depending on what the Genetor tells us, that may not be feasible."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2022, 05:16:22 pm »

"My interest was practical rather than defensive. With us stranded on this side of the Maw and on this side of the galaxy even if the passage itself settles down, creating a safe haven for trusted captains would likely be a boon to the world."

"I understand the operational security concerns, however."

Symonne's proposal brings Marco some relief. It's a good, if unusual idea, and while he doesn't know if it's possible the Biologis should be able to clear that up. "We should meet that Genetor."

"I see" He takes another peach, chewing this one more slowly while he thinks. "I can certainly see how this would be a benefit both to the Expanse and planet. I don't believe we have the skilled personnel necessary to create such facilities at the moment, but I will certainly take your suggestion into consideration."

"I agree, Governor-General. Assuming this is even possible, we should make every effort to ensure that neither trader ever knows which is the original beast and which is the copy. I would even suggest inflicting identical wounds with identical weapons, if possible. In any case, we won't know more until we talk to the Genetor. Could we impose on you to write us a letter of introduction?"

He motions for one of the two servants not-wielding peach based platters to bring him a quill and paper from his desk.

"Certainly. I have no nominal authority over them, but I do control their land grants and supply rations. I suspect they'll be as helpful as they can be. I will call ahead and make sure they've cleared their landing zone."

He quickly writes out a letter on a clipboard and stamps it with a wax seal. Said seal contains the image of a T-rex with a peach branch in its mouth. He hands the introductory letter to Symonne as the wax dries.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47