Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40438 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #600 on: October 21, 2023, 03:56:09 pm »

"This is going to be a difficult one. Do you have all your things ready?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 21, 2023, 03:59:28 pm »

"I think so. We'll need to learn and adapt some when we arrive though."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 21, 2023, 04:02:43 pm »

"Don't assume we'll get there. Thinking about that won't help us get through the first part."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 21, 2023, 09:06:57 pm »

"Your problem."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 24, 2023, 09:22:38 am »

Marco sighed as he by chance caught a pissy communique from one of the minor tech-priests because a single tuft of fur found its way near a cogitator and an unnecessary amount of binaric screaming followed. It wasn't even necessarily Indaria's, or the felid-obsessed Eldar's. Maybe it'd been from someone's contraband pet, or from a particularly massive rat who'd acquired sentience and started working in the macrobattery arrays in exchange for rations—ok, that one was a silly rumor but it was amusing in its own way.

Anyway. ++Navigator, what is the situation of the current Warp lanes? Given the bad omen, we might want to wait for better tidings.++

Yes, Indaria's homeworld. Though order a waiting period to see if the route's stability improves. Otherwise, have our elf navigator check the stability of the routes to the different missions. It's better not to push our luck into a rowdy Warp after a bad omen.

And just in case, have the previously scratched area prayed on and covered in purity seals.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 24, 2023, 09:33:17 am »

"Not great, but we could get through, with a little faith. That's what you people are all about, right? So we should be fine."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 24, 2023, 02:56:06 pm »

++Some competency and skill is also useful. The Emperor won't help those who don't help themselves, the saying goes.++
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 24, 2023, 03:16:45 pm »

Indaria, normally quite taciturn and reserved, as preparations for the journey are made, grows noticeably agitated. Her pre-jump equipment evaluations are repeated over and over, her normal paranoia heightened even further. She stalks the halls at odd hours, and at other times disappears into maintenance areas without explanation. She hands copies of her briefing on the planet to the other officers multiple times, and spends some extra time with Teeth to ensure she's doing well aboard-ship. That last action seems to be what calms her the most, and is when she's the most approachable right now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 28, 2023, 05:17:15 pm »

Marco sighed as he by chance caught a pissy communique from one of the minor tech-priests because a single tuft of fur found its way near a cogitator and an unnecessary amount of binaric screaming followed. It wasn't even necessarily Indaria's, or the felid-obsessed Eldar's. Maybe it'd been from someone's contraband pet, or from a particularly massive rat who'd acquired sentience and started working in the macrobattery arrays in exchange for rations—ok, that one was a silly rumor but it was amusing in its own way.

Anyway. ++Navigator, what is the situation of the current Warp lanes? Given the bad omen, we might want to wait for better tidings.++

Yes, Indaria's homeworld. Though order a waiting period to see if the route's stability improves. Otherwise, have our elf navigator check the stability of the routes to the different missions. It's better not to push our luck into a rowdy Warp after a bad omen.

And just in case, have the previously scratched area prayed on and covered in purity seals.

While it is within your rights to order this, given the time taken to prepare and perform the ritual is measured in days the Warp situation is likely to change before the second/third/fourth etc ritual even starts. In practice you will only be able to know the stability of one route, unless you recruit additional Navigators capable of performing said ritual in parallel. Which sounds like a lot of work but you are above an Eldar base that might have one or two they're willing to spare in return for a suitably large pile of shiny things. Otherwise the order will only really serve to remind the Eldar of her place.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 29, 2023, 12:40:04 pm »

Let's go then.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 29, 2023, 03:25:50 pm »

Let's go then.

Lets go as in lets wait and retry, or lets go as in kick it into the Warp?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 30, 2023, 02:09:12 pm »

The Captain is willing to wait enough for one retry, hoping enough faith and given a bit of time the path turns out to be less stormy. He'll also recruit additional xenos to divine for less dangerous paths if it's within our means, hoping to leverage any goodwill from our recent swift delivery and fair amount of care with their precious cargo.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 30, 2023, 02:15:30 pm »

The Captain is willing to wait enough for one retry, hoping enough faith and given a bit of time the path turns out to be less stormy. He'll also recruit additional xenos to divine for less dangerous paths if it's within our means, hoping to leverage any goodwill from our recent swift delivery and fair amount of care with their precious cargo.

That'll be your Acquisition, Extremely Rare with stats based on Quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 30, 2023, 08:15:18 pm »

While we're in our waiting period, craft some poorly made cat plushies. Keida isn't actually sure what a cat looks like.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 30, 2023, 09:27:56 pm »

While we're in our waiting period, craft some poorly made cat plushies. Keida isn't actually sure what a cat looks like.

As your servants prepare the ritual you acquire some human sewing equipment and begin making cat plushies. They look like Indaria, if she turned her soul to the Chaos god of blobs then displeased it enough to have it transform her into a Chaos Spawn.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47