Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [IC] Tresspassers AE - Kirby: A Sheer White Firefly  (Read 1705 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Tresspassers AE - Kirby: A Sheer White Firefly
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2022, 10:44:49 pm »

Crusher grunts noncommittally to Bayadei's request. "Afraid I don't got the first fucking clue how to bake. I ain't a raccoon, I can't go around eating human food willy-nilly, so I never bothered looking into it. Could probably help whip up a good salad with the veggies, but... the kid wants a cake, and even I know a fuckin' salad is no replacement to you omnivore types. Assumin' this kid didn't make the cake himself, I'd wager our best bet is just getting him a new one. It looks like a fancy-ass cake, so there's gotta be someone who baked it around here somewhere, right?"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 01:56:46 am »

"I think I've got enough here to make something good, but I wouldn't say no to more ingredient choices.  I have some honey, but I can't grow more of that, so if you've got any sweet things to be used instead, that would be grand," Bayadei says to Mona, as Yeke nudges some flat rocks into the center of the cleared space of ground he created.  Bayadei sets her skillet down on the rocks, and the fire Pokemon kneels down in front of it, breathing out a steady stream of shimmering heat that soon sets the pan sizzling.  "Do you have a name, little one?" She asks the local, as she starts grinding down some Hearty Grains in her mortar and pestle with quick, practiced strokes.  "And don't worry, Crusher, I'm well acquainted with cooking for all sorts of diets and digestions. You should be able to enjoy these too, if you want some.  No meat or dairy in the dough, and I'm using Aguav oil instead of lard or butter."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:00:35 am by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2022, 09:26:05 am »

Team Firefly

"Before we go, I must warn you of the king's servants." Firefly said, "Though they may be cute, the Waddle Dees are servants of the king, and they would not take kindly to accusations that the king has been brainwashed. Again. So be on your guard." She gestured to the adorable orange beachgoers nearby to indicate them as the subject of her warning.

Team Kirby

"Understood." Mona said with a nod. The gem on her chest began glowing, its brightness rapidly increasing. Tendrils of light reached out from it and engulfed her rigging, diluting and morphing its shape. After a few moments, the light flashed brightly.

And then everything went dark.

The screams of terrified innocents could be heard all around as a large silhouette blotted out the sun. In response to its appearance, a harsh wind blew through the region and snapped several nearby trees like toothpicks. The pink puffball shivered and cowered a bit, clearly intimidated by the vast shadow that had been cast across its world.

Another flash of light, white this time, appeared next to Bayadei. When it faded, it left a table with a variety of fruits and sweeteners. "I apologize if anything tastes like room temperature cranberry lemonade, Score has not yet finished repairs on the transport beam." Mona said, seemingly unaware of the mass panic around her.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2022, 01:13:11 pm »

Keeper

"I see," Keeper nodded, briefly glancing at the little orange blobs, "We shall keep that in mind then. Is there anything else we should know before we reach this king in his... space mansion?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2022, 01:50:26 pm »

Score

The engineer found herself unable to quite pay proper attention to their guide. She hoped Mona wasn't doing something stupid right about now. Her transition from AI to flesh and blood (or, well, a close facsimile) had not exactly gifted her with common sense. "Uh huh." The orange things didn't look particularly dangerous, but she kept her weapons powered just in case as she started to head in the direction indicated. "No reason to keep standing around, then."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2022, 10:20:45 pm »

Crusher
As pandemonium is unleashed around him with the dark shadow and harsh winds, Crusher glances around, unafraid.

"You might want to get that checked out sooner rather than later then. Some spooky-ass shit just went down. Sun got blotted out, high winds. Only thing missing was a goddamned latin choir singing ominously. While I ain't really an egghead, I can be pretty fuckin' sure when I guess that your transport beam ain't supposed to do that shit. Or maybe the nascent is doing that shit and reacted to whatever the hell weird kinda tech you used to teleport some fruit."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2022, 01:33:36 pm »

Evelyn

There's a few moments as Evelyn waited for a potential response, only to be met with silence, leading her to quickly open up the book she was carrying and try to flip through it in a futile attempt to find the answer to her question. At least, before remembering that the Compendium wouldn't have any sort of notes on what a 'Space Mansion' would be.

Regardless, knowing that she'd inevitably see this Space Mansion later, Evelyn brought her focus back to the fairy, glancing over at the various Waddle Dees... Waddling around. Though an innate part of her couldn't see the little balls as a threat, if they were a servant of the King, then she would be at her upmost behavior. Aside from going and beating up their King at least, but a good whacking would probably clear their head, as one of her sisters would say.

Ultimately, she didn't say anything to Firefly's warning, merely nodding and giving a salute. She seemed pretty ready to go at this point.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2022, 02:30:10 pm »

Oliver

"Well, all right, then." Oliver would have liked to have asked Firefly for proof, but he wasn't sure that pestering the fairy for more info would be a good idea. Best to just go along with it for now.

"Oh, and for the record, a mansion is like a big house. Costs a hell of a lot to build, so whoever owns is usually rich. Not sure what makes a 'space mansion' all that different from a regular one, mind - I mean, don't they all exist in space?"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 03:46:16 am »

"Wow," Bayadei whistles appreciatively at the sight of Mona's vessel, completely unphased, "I'd heard tales of the ancient skyships of Pokelantis and Pokemonopolis, but I never dreamed I'd get to see a working one for myself.  Truly, they are just as impressive in person.  Cranberries?  I've not heard of such a berry before.  I wonder what sort of medicine I could make from that?"  She samples several of the offered foodstuffs, and with a shrug grabs a few things to work into flattened ovals of sweet dough, which she plops into her pan to sizzle and pop as they cook.

Yeke for his part, startles a bit at the sight of the gigantic ship, but calms down when he sees that Bayadei isn't concerned, though he is keeping an eye on the sky.

"Wait," Bayadei belatedly realizes, "Mona, that is your skyship, right?  I assumed it was since it appeared when you called for it, but I suppose that could have been a coincidence."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2022, 05:45:18 pm »

Evelyn

"A big... House..?" Evelyn repeated to herself, trying her darndest to connect the dots in her head for several seconds, before nodding abruptly, "Alright! I'll have to get a closer look at the Space Mansion when we find it, but that's a good start!" she said cheerfully. Clearly, she didn't properly understand... Anything of what Oliver just stated, aside from the basic concepts like "building" or "record". Though some of his combination of words didn't make much sense to her. How do people sacrifice Hell in order to make a mansion?

Weird.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:49:08 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2022, 05:15:18 pm »

Team Firefly

"No, that's everything." Firefly answered Keeper, "We should get going now, there isn't much time and we need to find a way into space." She began fluttering away from the beach.

A few Waddle Dees had taken notice of the party by now and were starting to gawk from afar. Firefly's path clearly shifted to keep the party as far as possible from the natives, although none of the Waddle Dees made any attempt to get in the party's way.

Team Kirby

Mona nodded. "Yes, that vessel is the Mona Lisa."

Satisfied that her task was complete, Mona recalled the ship. The gem on her chest emitted tendrils of light again, reaching out towards the battleship. The dark shadow looming over the party began to glow orange and shrink down, morphing back into Mona's rigging.

The pink being poked its head out from where it had been hiding behind Bayadei and let out a sigh of relief. And then, as if nothing had happened, immediately switched to looking expectantly at the food being prepared.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2022, 05:54:42 pm »

Oliver

Oliver raised an eyebrow as he kept following Firefly. "Hold up, we need to get into space? You don't mean..." He'd read a novel or two that had involved leaving Earth - but... this raised more questions. "A-ain't the air up there a little thin, for one thing?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 12:40:45 pm »

Score

"The infrastructure around here seem a little sparse for getting into space. Unless you're going to tell me that they've got a whole rocket pad sitting under one of the hills." She watched the orange things out of the corner of her eye. They weren't doing much guarding. Quite the opposite, actually, they mostly seemed intrigued by this group of strangers. ". . . do you have any idea why we didn't all show up as one group, by the way? You seem like you've got a better idea of what's going on than I do."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2022, 07:59:35 pm »

Evelyn

With a light skip in her step, Evelyn followed behind Firefly, giving an enthusiastic wave to some of the observing Waddle Dees, all while listening in on the conversation happening just a foot away from her, "I do wonder that as well Miss Firefly. Though... Hrm... I do wish I had better control over the doorways back home. I know my sister could use them to quickly travel to different places in the physical world" Evelyn mused, bringing a finger to her chin, "I'm not sure if she needed to personally know where she was going to do it though... Hm..."
OOC
IC

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2022, 12:23:31 am »

Crusher
Crusher watches as the cake is baked, a sharp inhale entering his nostrils as he takes in the smells. "Hm."

Shaking his head, Crusher turns his head downwards to the far-too-perfect grass beneath him. With a moment of hesitation that is swiftly overpowered by curiosity, Crusher lowers his head to the ground and takes a bite of the grass.
Pages: 1 [2] 3