Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [IC] Tresspassers AE - Kirby: A Sheer White Firefly  (Read 1704 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
[IC] Tresspassers AE - Kirby: A Sheer White Firefly
« on: July 14, 2022, 10:15:41 am »

OOC

Thanks to Keeper's help and advice, Aster was able to locate a world containing a Nascent Trespasser. The party gathered, and were sent through the Window to go and stop it. Unfortunately, that's about where things stopped going smoothly...

Green Greens

Bayadei, Mona, Crusher

The Window deposited Bayadei, Mona, and Crusher a few feet up in the air, dropping them down beside a quaint little cottage in a lovely green field. Crusher in particular got the short end of the stick, as he felt two soft and gooey things squish flat beneath him.

Oliver, Keeper, Score, Evelyn

The rest of the party found themselves dispensed directly underneath a palm tree next to a lovely tropical beach. There seemed to be several small, adorable creatures enjoying their time at the beach, many of them carrying cute little parasols. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, none of them appeared at all dangerous enough to be the Nascent.

As the four were sorting themselves out, a yellow and orange butterfly began to flutter towards them. This filled everyone with a deep sense of dread. This sense passed swiftly as the butterfly was revealed to not be a butterfly at all, but rather a fairy. In addition to yellow butterfly wings with orange edges, she had long silver hair with gold tips, and grey eyes. She was wearing a simple white dress with a yellow gem on the chest, and orange, ribbon-like stockings and gloves. "I'm so glad I made it in time. Are you the heroes who have come to help stop the Dark Matter?" she asked.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Tresspassers AE - Kirby: A Sheer White Firefly
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 01:07:03 pm »

"...Huh.  This is actually pretty nice," Bayadei takes a deep breath of the fresh air, turning in a slow circle, "If everywhere we get sent is more like this, I could...  Wait, where's everyone else?  And what was that noise?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 01:57:11 pm »

Score nodded. "That's what they call me, anyway." She glanced around, feeling distinctly out of place with how. . . round, everything around here seemed to be. There was also a notable lack of her AI partner in crime. "Did you see three other people around? There were more of us on the way here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 06:52:27 pm »

Evelyn

Though Evelyn was sad to be leaving the ship so soon, especially when she never got a full, proper chance to explore it all, her sadness was quickly dispersed when the 'Window' disposed of them in their first world, the Attendant letting out a small gasp as she took in the sight of the beach. And more importantly, the various critters wandering said beach.

Unfortunately, she didn't get a chance to run off and investigate said creatures, as soon enough, an orange fairy approached them, causing Evelyn to focus her attention on them instead, "Indeed. Well, we're here to find something dangerous, but it's best to start somewhere" she commented, leaning in a bit closer to take a better look at the fairy, "Huh... Such a pretty set of wings. I didn't think fairies existed in the human world anymore. At least not without a connection."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 09:15:09 pm »

Crusher
Crusher lands with a heavy thudding and a wet squish, the voice emanating from his nanomanipulators sounding equally pained and furious, shouting to no one in particular.
"FUCK! WHY DOES THIS MOTHERFUCKING WINDOW KEEP DROPPING ME! PUT ME ON THE FLOOR NEXT TIME, YOU RAT FUCKING BASTARD."

Crusher struggles to his feet, and lifts one of his legs up to get a look at whats underneath it, continuing to speak as he does so. "Think it dropped me in some shit or something too. If I knew how, I would kick that thing's ass."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 06:06:55 am »

Bayadei, Mona, Crusher

Mona was more than a little concerned by the lack of Score in her vicinity. In fact, you might say she was in an outright tizzy over it. While Crusher was ranting at the window, she was frantically scurrying about, looking for any sign of her beloved friend. How was she supposed to protect Score if she didn't have Score?

Meanwhile, as Crusher stood up, two things happened. Firstly, several clumps of cake sloughed off of him and onto the ground. Second, a pink disc slowly peeled off of his stomach and floated out next to him, gently wafting towards the ground. Just before it landed, it suddenly burst back into its intended shape with a cute little pop sound effect. It was a strange pink puffball around half of Crusher's height with a cute face and pudgy little arms and feet. It rapidly shook its head, which was also it's entire body, to clear it, and then stared longingly at Crusher. Or rather, underneath Crusher. Upon seeing the remnants of the delicious cake on the ground, its eyes streamed with a waterfall of tears.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 09:32:32 am »

Keeper

"Hmmm..." The automaton took in their new surroundings, jotting down a few notes on the bizarre, flickering blue screen that projected from some device on his arm. "Interesting. I was 90% certain the calibration was correct. Seems there's still a fair few kinks to work out. We should try to find the others quickly, if-"

He dropped whatever else he had to say as soon as he sensed the butterfly's presence. No benign creature would be radiating such malice as it approached, and the closer it got the further Keeper extended his own invisible field. Magical creatures were a touch different than the threats he usually dealt with, but they'd die from enough physical trauma all the same. Most of them, anyway. Fortunately for all involved though, once the fairy finally spoke it became clear to him the dread was just a false alarm. For now.

"Ah yes," Keeper nodded after Evelyn, "As my colleagues have explained, that is the whole purpose of this excursion. I trust this 'Dark Matter' is causing serious problems for the world?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 11:12:44 am »

Crusher
Crusher blinks as he takes in the strange, familiar-looking, friend-shaped pink... thing, and slowly turns to look at the cake splattered across his body and the ground.
"And it ruined this kid's lunch, too. What the fuck."

Crusher snorts and shakes his head angrily, before turning to address the puffball itself. Pushing the question of "How is this little pink thing tough enough to survive a hippo landing on it" into the back of his mind, Crusher speaks. "You alright there, little dude? Some asshole keeps dropping me from several feet in the air. I didn't mean to land on you or your lunch."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 12:57:31 pm »

Oliver

Oliver staggered to his feet, reaching for his rifle on instinct. He stopped when he saw the peaceful beach before him. No sense causing a ruckus over nothing.

After examining the fairy and hearing the others give their responses, Oliver just added, "And you are...?"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 03:29:00 am »

Bayadei's mom senses, honed by raising two Pokemon, a kid of her own, and nearly a dozen cousins, nephews, and nieces, start tingling something fierce when the pink being begins crying, not about being crushed under Crusher, but at the sight of his wrecked cake.  "Hey, hey!  It's okay, you're okay, it's gonna be okay," She whispers, sweeping the weeping local into a hug, "We're gonna fix this, okay?  How about we cook you something new?"  She reaches down to her belt with one hand and pulls a pokeball free.  "Yeke, we need you!"

The Rapidash appears in a flash of light, tossing his head to send his fiery mane flaring with a dramatic WHOOSH as his hooves churn the grass.  Then he gets a look at what's actually going on, and immediately adopts a less threatening pose with an embarrassed nicker, damping his flames down as he waits for instructions.  "Make us a firepit, please," Bayadei orders, pulling a large, iron skillet and a jar of oil from the saddlebags.  "Mona, Sergeant, if you could please check the house to see if anyone else is home, and if they have anything that would be good for baking?"

As the horse pokemon begins cropping the grass down to the dirt in a small circle with large, efficient bites, she turns her attention back to the pink local as she starts greasing her pan.  "Anyway, it's nice to meet you!  Despite the circumstances.  I'm Bayadei," She smiles down at him (or possibly her?), "My horse is Yeke, he doesn't talk, but he's a very good listener.  The metal woman is Mona, and the big guy is Crusher.  Very accurate name, wouldn't you say?  His parents must have been quite insightful.  I know he sounds a bit rough, but he means well, I promise."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 07:56:04 am »

Oliver, Keeper, Score, Evelyn

"My name is Firefly." the fairy responded, "I haven't seen anyone else here, and there's no time to search. The King of Dreamland has been possessed by Dark Matter and is trying to create a portal that will free their leader from his crystalline prison! We must hurry to King Dedede's Space Mansion and put a stop to the evils of Dark Matter."

Team Kirby

Upon being picked up by Bayadei, the pink puffball immediately stopped crying. It stared at her with its large, curious eyes. In response to the introductions, it blinked twice and then said, "HaAai!"

Mona checked the house at Bayadei's request, but came up empty. "There doesn't appear to be anything here but a bed and some vegetables." she informed their leader, "Would you like me to release the Mona Lisa? There are supplies on board that would be useful for baking."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 09:30:02 am »

Keeper
"I see," Keeper said, narrowing eyes he no longer had, "Very well then. It's rather unfortunate we cannot gather the party before venturing forth, but I'm sure if this is the Nascent, they'll eventually find their way to it. Probably. Lead the way... Firefly."

Keeper would wait for the fairy to turn around to do just that before he raised his fist to his mask's mouth. The next moment Oliver, Score, and Evelyn would hear his voice as if he were mere inches away from their ears, whispering too low for the fae to pick up "Be on your guard. Fae creatures are notoriously dangerous and mercurial, only a fool would trust them completely. This one especially, you all sensed that brief aura as it approached, I hope."

For now he neglected to mention how he suspected the little bugger probably knew far more than they let on, or may even be leading them into a trap. It was entirely too convenient that he'd dropped them here unannounced and yet somehow they'd still been immediately greeted as 'heroes' and told what the problem was.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 09:31:50 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 10:03:10 am »

Oliver

Oliver just nodded in response to what the... statue man said. He was pretty sure he'd read somewhere that fairies would gain power over someone if they knew their name - and in combination with the ominous aura "Firefly" radiated, it made sense to be careful.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 12:28:25 pm »

Score

"I swear I heard of a nightclub called something like that once. . ." Score mumbled to nobody in particular at the mention of one space mansion. Keeper's transmission - spell? He was magic, not using normal telecomms - almost made her slap herself. Of course that was suspect. "Hope Mona's doing okay." She was a bit concerned about her being left to wander around without her, nevermind what else could have happened. Either way, she had something in front of her to take care of.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 03:19:45 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 02:44:00 pm »

Evelyn

While there was a little bit of distrust already going around, Evelyn seemed completely oblivious to any possible signs, already on board with heading to this Space Mansion. She did pause when the others began speaking, bringing a hand to her chin as she thought for a second, before ultimately nodding towards Keeper's direction. With that she prepared to head forward, only to pause for another few seconds before she leaned forward, bringing a hand to her mouth to try and keep her voice down, "Erm... Quick question, do any of you know what a 'Space Mansion' is? I've never heard of such a thing before."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 03:20:07 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: [1] 2 3