Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 17189 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 2 - Beyond the Point of Redemption
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2022, 07:15:08 pm »

I s’pose it would mean webadict claiming if his demon killing ability has any weird restrictions like Max’s, ‘cause I’m more inclined to believe Max’s kill failed than webadict’s.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2022, 07:30:12 pm »

Uuuuuuuuggggghhhhh, fiiiiiiiiiine, Jim Groovester.

I did kill Toony's demons, and I know it was successful because my Ability got a lucky crit proc, which you don't have to think to hard about. All it does is give me Multitasking Tonight, so I can fucking block TricMagic from whatever the fuck he's gonna do, and then kill another demon from ToonyMan if he's lying.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2022, 07:36:48 pm »

Also, if we're not voting Toony Today, I honestly think we vote out TricMagic Tomorrow, because holy fuck that's dumb.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2022, 07:38:35 pm »

Does anyone have anything else to add?

PPE: I mean… it’s something Tric would do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2022, 07:46:52 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Jim Groovester: 3; webadict, TricMagic, Toonyman
Toonyman: 1; Jim Groovester
webadict: 0
TricMagic: 0
notquitethere: 0
Maximum Spin: 0
hector13: 0
No Elimination:

Not Voting - 5 - notquitethere, Maximum Spin, hector13

4 to Hammer. Day ends on July 30, 2022 at 15:00 Pacific Time (~69 hours remaining).

It is currently Day 2.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 08:03:53 pm by Roden »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2022, 07:48:46 pm »

Tric is also voting for Jim Groovester.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2022, 07:56:12 pm »

The game is basically over, just turbo execute and get the game over with.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2022, 07:57:48 pm »

Jim Groovester

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2022, 07:58:12 pm »

Multitasking

So double acting is in this game.

notquitethere, then. I'm thinking he did whatever Metatron does to me, which is conveniently public and would 'clear' him as the night killer, but then also used a duplicate of Knightwing64's ability that has the target randomly kill a townie and hit me with that as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2022, 08:03:19 pm »

My bad, missed it since I was scanning down the left side of my screen.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2022, 08:04:22 pm »

My bad, missed it since I was scanning down the left side of my screen.
It’s a sensible thing for players to make a new line or vote at the start of a post, aye.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2022, 08:07:27 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Jim Groovester: 4 (HAMMER!); webadict, TricMagic, Toonyman, hector13
Toonyman: 1; Jim Groovester
webadict: 0
TricMagic: 0
notquitethere: 0
Maximum Spin: 0
hector13: 0
No Elimination:

Not Voting - 5 - notquitethere, Maximum Spin

"Well that was quick," the Chaos leader sighed.

"Efficient as always I suppose," the Law leader nodded.

Jim Groovester has been eliminated. His alignment was Neutral (Mafia).

Welcome, Jim Groovester! You are a follower of the Neutral alignment, and thus a member of the Mafia. You will falsely represent yourself as the Law alignment. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Mokoi
Dustoma (1-Shot) - Inflicts Mirage on the target. The target's action will fail if they target another player.

Trafuri (1-Shot) - Allows you to escape from conflict upon use. If you are targeted by a harmful or negative action, it will fail.

Saki Mitama
Grand Harvest (Passive) - While Saki Mitama is in your party, recruited demons will never be diminished. If you perform Negotiation, you may sacrifice Saki Mitama to guarantee a successful recruitment.

All Neutral players have been eliminated. Law and Chaos have won!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2022, 08:09:17 pm »

Jim - Any (Didn't send any picks)
Knightwing64 - Mother Harlot, Metatron, Baal
ToonyMan - Dionysus, Cybele, Black Frost
webadict - Titania, Silky, Setanta
TricMagic - Pixie, Abdiel
NJW2000 - Moloch, Agathion, Alilat
notquitethere - Mothman, Metatron, Norn
Maximum Spin - Anubis, Ganesha, Mithras
hector13 - Okuninushi, Jatayu, Flauros
--------------------
Welcome, Knightwing64! You are a follower of the Neutral alignment, and thus a member of the Mafia. You will falsely represent yourself as the Chaos alignment. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Mother Harlot
Repel (2-Shot; Passive) - While Mother Harlot is in your party, all attacks that would hit you, including player kills, will instead reflect back onto the attacker.
Trisagion (1-Shot) - Can be used in place of the factional kill. A Fire element attack that kills the player and all of their demons. Cannot fail, be blocked, reflected, redirected, or protected against.

Baal
Tentarafoo (1-Shot) - Can be used in place of the factional kill. Inflicts Confusion on the target. The target will be Roleblocked and perform the factional night kill for you. However, they will target a random town member, and you will be unable to perform Negotiation and recruit the victim's demons.

--------------------

Welcome, Jim Groovester! You are a follower of the Neutral alignment, and thus a member of the Mafia. You will falsely represent yourself as the Law alignment. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Mokoi
Dustoma (1-Shot) - Inflicts Mirage on the target. The target's action will fail if they target another player.
Trafuri (1-Shot) - Allows you to escape from conflict upon use. If you are targeted by a harmful or negative action, it will fail.
Saki Mitama
Grand Harvest (Passive) - While Saki Mitama is in your party, recruited demons will never be diminished. If you perform Negotiation, you may sacrifice Saki Mitama to guarantee a successful recruitment.

--------------------
--------------------
Welcome, webadict! You are a follower of the Chaos alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Titania
Great Mana Spring (Passive) - Greatly increases your max MP. Gain an additional two shots that you may distribute to your demons. For example, you may give two extra shots to one ability, or give one extra shot to two separate abilities.
Setanta
Fatal Sword (1-Shot) - Attacks the target with a high chance of a Critical hit. You will permanently, though randomly, kill one of your target's demons. There is a base 25% chance you may gain Multitasking for the next Night phase. Does NOT kill the player you are targeting. Fails if your Attack stat is lowered that night.

Fang Breaker (2-Shot) - Attacks the target and lowers their Attack. Prevents attack abilities from functioning during that night. Does NOT kill the player you are targeting. Fails if your Attack stat is lowered that night.

--------------------
Welcome, ToonyMan! You are a follower of the Law alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Dionysus
Sexy Dance (1-Shot) - Inflicts Charm on all players. Any players who attempt to target you with a harmful action will have their action fail. Any players who attempt to use a beneficial ability will be redirected into targeting you.

Black Frost
Black Dracostrike (2-Shot) - Attacks the target. Kills one demon that the target has in their party that is weak to the Dark element. If a demon is killed, you will gain Multitasking for the next Night phase. Does NOT kill the player you are targeting. Fails if your Attack stat is lowered that night.

Endure (1-Shot Passive) - Prevents the death of any of your demons, but only once. Does not protect you from player kills.

--------------------
Welcome, TricMagic! You are a follower of the Law alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Pixie
Dia (2-Shot) - Protects the target or their demons from being killed that night. Protects against one hostile action, and player kills have priority over demon kills.
Patra (3-Shot) - Day action. Cures the target of all status ailments.

Abdiel
Light's Descent (1-Shot; Unavailable Night 1)- Attacks all living players. Kills every demon in play that is weak to the Light element. If a demon is killed, you will gain Multitasking for the next Night phase. Does NOT kill the player you are targeting. Will not fail even if your Attack stat is lowered that night.
Herald (Passive) - This demon has fallen from grace. While Abdiel is in your party, alignment investigations that target you will return as a Neutral (Mafia) result.

Fallen (1-Shot Passive) - If you are eliminated via vote, you will instead remain in the game, and Abdiel will transform into her Fallen form. Other demons will leave your party, and you will no longer be able to recruit other demons. Works only once, and your role and alignment will not be revealed upon activation.

------------------
Welcome, NJW2000! You are a follower of the Chaos alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Agathion
Sukukaja (2-Shot) - Raises the target's evasion that night. All abilities and actions that target the player will fail that night.

Alilat
Status Immunity (Passive) - While Alilat is in your party, you will be immune to status ailments.

Tetrakarn (1-Shot )- If your target or one of their demons would die that night due to being targeted by an attack, the attack will be reflected onto the attacker instead.

--------------------
Welcome, notquitethere! You are a follower of the Law alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Metatron
Demanding Presence (Passive) - While Metatron is in your party, when using an action or ability it will be publicly announced to the thread at the beginning of the Day phase that Metatron is in your party.
Fire of Sinai (1-Shot) - Attacks the target with the Almighty element. If successful, your target and their demons will die. Will not fail even if your Attack stat is lowered that night.

Norn
Samarecarm (1-Shot) - Revives one dead player and brings them back into the game. However, they will not have their demons, and thus have no abilities.

--------------------
Welcome, Maximum Spin! You are a follower of the Chaos alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Anubis
Judgement (Passive) - Light and Dark elemental attacks will not kill a demon if the player targeted truthfully follows Law or Chaos. Additionally, though you know that you are of the Chaos alignment, it will not be publicly known.

Hamaon (1-Shot) - Attacks the target with the Light element. If successful, one of your target's demons will die. Only works if the target is a Chaos follower.

Mudoon (1-Shot) - Attacks the target with the Dark element. If successful, one of your target's demons will die. Only works if the target is a Law follower.

Ganesha
Fierce Roar (1-Shot) - Attempts to redirect all player-killing actions towards the user. Grants protection from one kill attempt.

--------------------
Welcome, hector13! You are a follower of the Chaos alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Okuninushi
Me Patra (1-Shot) - Cures all status ailments for all players.

Estoma (1-Shot) - Day action. Upon use, you will appear to disappear from the game until the next day phase. You cannot be targeted by any abilities or be voted until the next day phase. However, you will be unable to use any abilities or vote until the next day phase. You may still post in the thread and talk while this ability is active. If this ability would reduce the number of votes required to hammer, it will do so.

Flauros
Severing Bite (1-Shot) - Attacks the target. You will learn who the target visited last night, but you will also kill the demon who's action your target used. If your target uses multiple demons that night, one will be killed randomly. Does NOT kill the player you are targeting. Fails if your Attack stat is lowered that night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2022, 08:09:34 pm »

I didn't really suspect Jim at all D1 which is a shame because the game became unwinnable for them after D1.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2022, 08:14:22 pm »

There was a lot of fun stuff in everyone's roles that unfortunately didn't get to play out. Toony's Sexy Dance would've been chaotic, and Tric's Abdiel transformation would've functioned as a boss fight that would cause everyone to lose a demon every night.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21