Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few things I hope for and wanna see in Myth and Magic  (Read 763 times)

Elf Lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few things I hope for and wanna see in Myth and Magic
« on: July 03, 2022, 12:45:30 pm »

Magic And Myth Release

Personal Estimated Release:4-7 years(sad but being realistic

I wanna see this do two things. Completely overhaul the game and expand modding potential. I’ll start with simpler parts. Toady seems to have the main concern being map rewrites. Currently toady can hardly touch site layouts and workings without it all collapsing. So he needs to rework this to work easier and be more editable in the future. I’m hoping this gives modders the ability to design custom sites. Or design building layouts and things like that. With the actual magic part I’m wanting the magic system to be very much so fleshed out. With worlds that have it all having fleshed out magic systems and being distinct between one another. Examples being less general mage classes. Example a mage who knows multiple types of magic instead of simply being a necromancer or omancer type specifically. Worlds having different types of magic and it being a genuine challenge to unlock it. I wanna see indivualds who’ve worked hard for magic in the world who are very well respected and being able to work under them and learn. I also wanna see it affect the world rapidly. An example being a world with necromancy has people utilizing it in world gen to bring back citizens as it’s a tool they have easy access to. So in for example human sieges you’ll see internet undead who aren’t evil but live the lives they’ve always lived. I wanna see magic change the world and some magic being simple to learn perhaps some races have it by default and some magic being something you truly have to work for. I also don’t want mages who spam all spells at once in combat. I wanna see npcs wisely choose what time to use a spell or not use it at all if not beneficial. Example a mage being in combat and having a heal wounds spell and not spamming it on all nearby units and only using it on allies or self when needed. Maybe by creating spell necessity and priority raws so it can be designed when an npc should use a spell. Next. Gods need an overhaul and I wanna see them play a larger part or maybe even being encounterable with hard work. I wanna see magic artifacts. An example. WindedScowl. A magic steel short sword. It is a steel short sword with encircled bands of gold and encrusted with red zircons. An indecipherable writing is on the blade of the sword. The sword shoots a gust of wind when slashed and throws back opponents and objects when hit by the wind. I also wanna see the intelligent artifacts toady has discussed to be interesting and be capable of manipulating or guiding the users of it. And having a reasonable backstory for how it became or was ever intelligent. These are just a few of my hopes and feel free to discuss or debate them below. This isn’t me saying they have to be added but it’s simple a hope of mine.