Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 39552 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Shake Up The Balance
« Reply #915 on: July 22, 2022, 01:35:48 pm »

?

Right now I see two paths. One is the above where we can see if Fal's Mug ability kills or not. The other is just voting out either you or Fal. Most likely Fal.

The main flaw in the post I asked Fal about is thus. Being untargatable does not protect you from Watchers. So the crane for the first night was specifically to kill you. Meanwhile Fal got picked up yesterday, preventing us from targeting him.

... This is a bit odd. It would make more sense to either target me or Lenglon. Spook isn't a confirmable roleblock, so it would set me up for the lynch tommorow. To top it off, Shakerag dies.

...... There is something odd in the autopsy report too.

Shakerag
Role:  The Beginner BYOR 2 Role That Won’t Ruin The Balance
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
{P5} (Used, Night) Bodyblock [target]:  Whenever the target would be Killed by an Action, you are Killed instead.  This Action lasts for the rest of the game and does nothing on non-Allied players.
Tags:  Protect

{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Yawn [target]:  The target is roleblocked during the following Night.  The target is warned that they will be roleblocked.
Tags:  Block

{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Obliterate [target]:  Remove a random Ability from the target.
Tags:  Remove

{P10} (Used, Night) Redouble [target]:  Choose another Action you own.  Give a 1-Shot copy of the Action to the target.
Tags:  Gift

{P-1} (1-Shot, Night) 2 Times:  Choose another Action you own that can be used and remove it from your role.  Perform that Action twice, with separate targets and Choices for each Action.
Tags:  Super

N1, Shakerag used Bodyblock. Night 2, Shakerag used Redouble. Night 3... See the issue? There is no Night 3 action. Using 2 Times would let them Obliterate 2 targets, me and Lenglon. Which would prove them to have not done a kill. Or to a lesser extant, Yawn, which would warn the targets they would be roleblocked the following night. Nor did they use them alone. Both would undeniably confirm their innocence.

... There is only one ability known to both roleblock, and kill. And that's Mug. Take That Fallacy!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 22, 2022, 01:40:29 pm »

I'm a fairly apathetic at the moment, and here's why:

1) Of the three of you, I'm fairly certain it's FoU, based on behavior.

2) IF the final scum is actually max, no-lynching doesn't help us. Max simply no-actions, claims his watch result was whatever he pleases to frame Tric or FoU, we mislynch, he kills, he wins.

3) IF the final scum is actually Tric, then following the plan Tric themselves proposed likely won't help, and in fact since in that scenario Tric already had to have killed through FoU's roleblock literally last night, we have every reason to think they can do that again.

4) IF the final scum is actually FoU, no-lynching does nothing for us as a result. We'll still be in the same WIFOM scenario, and all that will have changed is Max will be dead.

I could build and post a large case explaining why I think it's FoU, but there wouldn't be any actual questions in it, just pointing at specific actions and interactions throughout the game, and the only person I might be trying to convince with it is Max.

So where I'm standing I'd prefer to lynch FoU. and the reason I'm using FoS instead of a vote is to avoid there being potential for a quickhammer.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 22, 2022, 01:55:47 pm »

I could build and post a large case explaining why I think it's FoU, but there wouldn't be any actual questions in it, just pointing at specific actions and interactions throughout the game, and the only person I might be trying to convince with it is Max.
I think I already agree with you anyway. I already know that Tric sometimes says weird, vaguely suspicious things as town, just like Knightwing and I both said from the start, so even though he keeps pinging me in weird ways, your argument has been stronger.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 22, 2022, 01:59:24 pm »

In that case I'll go ahead and place my vote. Here goes...
FoU
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »

So, should we vote Fallacy?

Honestly I should stop structuring game plans around me dying. I never get killed.

Ninja Lenglon. K then.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 22, 2022, 02:06:10 pm »

All right. Here goes everything.
FallacyofUrist

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 22, 2022, 02:30:08 pm »

They lined up. One by one by one by one. The four Silkies each took their time to explain their case. Lenglon clearly dominates the discussion, weighing the decisions that must be made to find the rogue agent. As the codename Catch Us, she is a master of pull and pry missions, a ruthless interrogator in her own right.

"It is, naturally, only possible for you to be our rogue agent, Fallacy. You cannot talk your way out of this."

"Oh, but you are most mistaken," FallacyofUrist replies, hanging from the rafters. "You know that I am codename Always Scum for a reason. I may be the false flag operative's leading student, but that does not make me the one who murdered webadict or all the others. But, that is always to be my fate. webadict has once again cursed me."

"So you admit it," TricMagic under the codename Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition (No one was entirely sure why, but many speculated it had much to do with familial relations within the organization.) "The punishment will be instant death if you merely admit as such."

"No more talk," Maximum Spin pipes up. "I'm afraid that this exercise is complete, is it not, Mother Hen? We have found our weak links."

Mother Hen opens the door. "Correct you are, Agent "Not Appearing in this Mafia Game"."

FallacyofUrist's mouth opens in protest. "This cannot be! I'm innocent! I'm being framed!" He protests the entire way into the next room.

Mother Hen sighs. "I used to think that there were no bad eggs in this world. Only bad mothers." She looks down in sorrow and turns away. "You may execute the other two."

Lenglon and TricMagic have a split second to react as their lives come to an abrupt and bitter end.

"How is Lidku?"

"Alive. Stable. He will require several months of recovery, and we'll need to cover the basics again, but he'll slip into the new batch just fine."

Maximum Spin nods in agreement. "Hopefully this group will graduate."

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 3 - Lenglon*, TricMagic*, Maximum Spin*,
TricMagic - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
Lenglon - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

3 to Hammer. Day ends on July 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~53 hours remaining).

FallacyofUrist has been executed.

FallacyofUrist was Always Scum (Town).

TricMagic dies during the Night.

TricMagic was Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition (Town).

Game Over. Maximum Spin and Lidku (Mafia) have won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!
« Reply #922 on: July 22, 2022, 02:32:35 pm »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 02:34:21 pm by webadict »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 22, 2022, 02:32:57 pm »

Dam it all. Really Max?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 22, 2022, 02:33:25 pm »

What really sucks is that post-hammer I realised a major flaw in my theory about N1. Saibamen is P10 and the inspect was P-1, my inspect would have gone off first.

I still was going to get things wrong though, because my #2 pick was Tric, not Max, so well played to Max here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 22, 2022, 02:36:09 pm »

That No Show is just evil, going off even if you're roleblocked.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 22, 2022, 02:37:23 pm »

Dam it all. Really Max?
I really did feel bad once or twice there. But that's the game.

And after all the shade I pulled d1, there's no way I wasn't going all-out. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 22, 2022, 02:42:01 pm »

That No Show is just evil, going off even if you're roleblocked.
I take it as a point of pride that I out-evil myself with Abilities. That one was... Way too complicated in hindsight, but also a nice way to stop people from being super confirming with Roleblocks. It has some things that I'd need to change if I re-implemented it next time.

I think my favorite Ability this round was Embargo. I'll probably use another Action like it eventually. My least favorite was... Hmm, NJW2000's whole role had some underwhelming Abilities. I kinda knew that going in, but I was on the fence about how to fix it. Sorry, NJW!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 22, 2022, 02:43:10 pm »

Also, you guys should consider joining Demon Mafia so that can start!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 22, 2022, 02:47:28 pm »

Damn. Nice one, Max.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64