Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 39841 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #480 on: July 13, 2022, 07:05:40 pm »

My reads for suspicion go like this:

TricMagic for his general strange behavior this game.

Egan & Fallacy in the same row of things that are either/or here for me. I'm just generally confused about this whole "Miller" phenomenon in general and the fact that it can misrepresent someone's alignment to read as something else (maybe some trauma from the last game O_o).

I'm leaning to maybe change my vote to Egan, to just end this very drawn out D1, but I'm afraid to be the one to hammer without consensus..

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2022, 07:08:26 pm »

It might be possible to me to be shown to be the role I say I am, if someone redirects the mafiakill to me since I have a one shot mafiakill resistance. I didn't mention that in hopes that I'd get targeted by the nightkill for being double voter, but I'm pretty sure I'm not making it out of this anyways.

I mean hell, I'm not even particularly confident in my Fal vote, I just couldn't decide on anybody better.

And yeah it might have been silly to send in a Challenge Mode role prompt when I don't even know what I'm doing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 13, 2022, 07:09:47 pm »

Might have been better to have just not claimed miller for the increased chance of getting through a day. And maybe picked a night move to use on that night. Eh.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 13, 2022, 07:10:51 pm »

I'm leaning to maybe change my vote to Egan, to just end this very drawn out D1, but I'm afraid to be the one to hammer without consensus..
I'm pretty sure you have consensus dude. But hold off if you think the remaining hours of day could have some insights.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 13, 2022, 07:12:16 pm »

The only ability I have potential access to is Great War>Deception is Truth, which could let me steal an Ability. No clue how effective it would be though.

I'm leaning towards Lidku as the day nears it's end though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 13, 2022, 07:12:45 pm »

Could you go into detail as to why?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 13, 2022, 07:14:16 pm »

I'm not really sure why Fal decided that me and NJW are scumteam, though. Because we both used the same stupid argument? Does that really tie us together?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 13, 2022, 07:14:56 pm »

Mostly the lack of impact during this game, and feeling Egan isn't really scum here. Webadict loves punishing people for mechanical solving, so I would see him putting an mega-Miller in the game just to mess with people.

I can't really read Fal though, and like you said, Egan's dayplay has not been all that good.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 13, 2022, 07:15:25 pm »

The only ability I have potential access to is Great War>Deception is Truth, which could let me steal an Ability. No clue how effective it would be though.

That's worth noting for D2, but if you switch your vote with 45 minutes remaining you'll give us a tie.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 13, 2022, 07:16:33 pm »

I think we've pretty much given everyone a chance to contribute to the end of day outcome. I'm okay with a hammer now.

My reads for suspicion go like this:

TricMagic for his general strange behavior this game.
Personally, I want to see how TricMagic and Shakerag act on Day 2. Along with some Spin. And Knightwing. Actually I want to see how everyone acts on Day 2. Because while I'm pretty sure NJW2000 is the second mafia player, I'm not as certain about him as I am about Egan. More information will still be helpful.

That's worth noting for D2, but if you switch your vote with 45 minutes remaining you'll give us a tie.
Oh, yeah, no. No ties. Ties very bad. Unacceptable, that.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 13, 2022, 07:16:59 pm »

Unvote. No ties. And Fal may very well be town anyways.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 13, 2022, 07:17:08 pm »

It is worth noting that mafia chooses a tie-breaker as opposed to there being a no-lynch, but if Egan and FoU are both town, then that could just lead to mafia getting 2 free lynches.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 13, 2022, 07:17:58 pm »

I'm not really sure why Fal decided that me and NJW are scumteam, though. Because we both used the same stupid argument? Does that really tie us together?
You following NJW's lead and exhibiting similar behavior patterns. Like I said, I'm not 100% confident NJW is the other scum, it just seems very likely.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 13, 2022, 07:18:40 pm »

What will your opinion on NJW change to when I flip as town, then?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 13, 2022, 07:19:30 pm »

Personally, I want to see how TricMagic and Shakerag act on Day 2. Along with some Spin. And Knightwing. Actually I want to see how everyone acts on Day 2. Because while I'm pretty sure NJW2000 is the second mafia player, I'm not as certain about him as I am about Egan. More information will still be helpful.

As far as progressing to a goal, D1 is usually a wash and town is lynched.  But on D2 we've had a round of night actions (and probably a scum NK) and we can start analyzing D1 behaviours in light of the roleflips.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64