Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 39965 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Shakerag advocates for the Lynch of Egan_BW!
NAI

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Setting Up [9 / 9]
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2022, 09:55:42 pm »

Ten little birds in a small little nest.  One fell out and left the rest.

You arrive at headquarters at 0500 and find yourself among eight others, all wearing their feather pins identifying them as Silkies.  You’ve only seen this many in one room during Initiation.  You know something’s up.

As you ponder the many reasons something like this could happen, Mother Hen enters the room, and everyone stands at attention.

“Agents, you may be wondering what assignment has been given to you.  It seems that two of you have joined forces with the enemy.  We found the body of Silkie 10 (Codename webadict) in an abandoned warehouse in the Wing District.”

The agents begin to look uneasily among themselves.

“Our intelligence has led us to you nine.  If you find the pair among you, you’ll have gained a new feather.  Otherwise, we’ll have determined that your entire batch is rotten, and have all of you removed.”

“You have two hours to give me one among you for extreme interrogation.  Good luck, Fledglings.”

Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 9 - Egan_BW, FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Lidku, Maximum Spin, NJW2000, Shakerag, TricMagic,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~69 hours remaining).

It is now Day 1.

NOTE:  Two of you are Mafia.  Seven of you are Town.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 10:03:50 pm by webadict »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2022, 10:00:17 pm »

Shakerag, you vicious, unrepentant criminal. How could you steal the birthday cake like that??!!

Wait, wrong game.

... the vote stays.

Okay, I have a strategy to propose.

We can logically assume that EuchreJack is either Town or Mafia. A loyal agent or treacherous traitor. Well... since he's so easy to read, let's just badger him until we can make a solid judgement, then either build our core around him or execute him?

EuchreJack: What's your alignment? What's your scum-hunting strategy this game?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2022, 10:05:01 pm »

Lenglon:  Are you ok using discord?

Shakerag, you vicious, unrepentant criminal. How could you steal the birthday cake like that??!
Depends on the flavor of the cake.

Knightwing64:  You look new so how do I know you're not mafia?

Maximum Spin:  Are you the kind of person to stick on one player or switch your votes multiple times in one day?

NJW2000:  Hypothetically if you were scum would to actively try to bus your scummate to look town or play it calmly?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2022, 10:09:46 pm »

Egan_BW If you were a survivor would you say that or not?

FallacyofUrist:  How do you decide who to vote for on D1?

Lidku Do you think a policy vote on lurkers is valid?  Why or why not?

TricMagic:  Same questions as to Lidku.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2022, 10:11:08 pm »

Randomly, followed by aggressively and inaccurately.

Shakerag: How do you decide who to vote for on Day 2?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2022, 10:13:39 pm »

Randomly, followed by aggressively and inaccurately.

That seems chaotic.  Are you certain that strategy is in the best interests of town?

Shakerag: How do you decide who to vote for on Day 2?

That would depend on the conversations of D1 and how people voted on D1.  Would you do differently?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2022, 10:16:03 pm »

Egan_BW - What do you think is the fastest way to end RVS?
FallacyofUrist - Is EuchreJack a player in this game?
Knightwing64 - Is TricMagic scum?
Lidku - Please explain Miller Theory regarding D1 claims.
Maximum Spin - If you had a 1-shot dayInspect which would make wub post the result in-thread publicaly, when would you use it, and on who?
NJW2000 - Why should or shouldn't I vote Shakerag after the incredible, absolutely amazing, case that FoU just made?
Shakerag - Please explain Miller Theory regarding D1 claims.
TricMagic - Why am I voting you?

Lenglon:  Are you ok using discord?
I've used Discord for years, and am currently a member of roughly 20 different discord servers.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2022, 10:16:58 pm »

It depends. If they're offline often and not active, then they're probably doing IRL things and cannot commit to the game as they should. Pinpointing on lurkers who generally cannot participate much isn't optimal in my opinion, until at least all other options are expended.

I say this because of what happened in the last BYOR I was in. I and TricMagic mistakenly honed-in on against BluarianKnight, when the actual mafia was Jim Groovester all along.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2022, 10:17:25 pm »

Lenglon:  What is your opinion on the strategy of not looking at your role PM until N1?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2022, 10:20:03 pm »

Lenglon:  What is your opinion on the strategy of not looking at your role PM until N1?
I think it's a silly thing to do. I think if you do that you won't know if you have a post restriction, won't know if you have day abilities that need to be used D1, and I think the only reason to do it is if you have little self-confidence about your scumgame. I don't think it's alignment indicative though, just personality indicative.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2022, 10:20:33 pm »

It depends. If they're offline often and not active, then they're probably doing IRL things and cannot commit to the game as they should. Pinpointing on lurkers who generally cannot participate much isn't optimal in my opinion, until at least all other options are expended.

I say this because of what happened in the last BYOR I was in. I and TricMagic mistakenly honed-in on against BluarianKnight, when the actual mafia was Jim Groovester all along.

I confess I did not read that game.   But would you say that BluarianKnight being not active was ultimately a detriment to town then?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2022, 10:21:27 pm »

Maximum Spin:  Are you the kind of person to stick on one player or switch your votes multiple times in one day?
No.

I liked that question when I first read it, which is why I decided to answer it, but then I didn't like it anymore.

Maximum Spin - If you had a 1-shot dayInspect which would make wub post the result in-thread publicaly, when would you use it, and on who?
I don't like this question either. Assuming it can self-target, immediately, on myself.

I think if you do that you won't know if you have a post restriction
Imagine accepting post restrictions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2022, 10:21:35 pm »

Egan_BW If you were a survivor would you say that or not?

mother-heckker, this is beginner mafia and I'm inexperienced, you tell me what to do in that situation, senpai

But there are no survivors in this setup so if I were one I'd be sending irate PMs to wuba right now.

FallacyofUrist: Why are you cursed to always be scum in webadict games? For that matter, why am I?

Knightwing: You'd probably seen me go inactive when I'm mafia, would you consequently trust me if I proved to be decently active?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 64