Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 39548 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!
« Reply #930 on: July 22, 2022, 02:48:08 pm »

Nice job Max.  I would have hammered Tric, and didn't even suspect you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 22, 2022, 02:50:06 pm »

Nice job Max.  I would have hammered Tric, and didn't even suspect you.
That reminds me, I need to get back on Meph's discord to see your reflections.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 22, 2022, 02:56:55 pm »

So, any questions, comments, or concerns about the setup? Did anyone like or dislike their role or abilities?

Also, anyone think that the Mamobo tools were useful or beneficial? I'm trying to improve them still, so we'll see how that goes.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 22, 2022, 02:59:16 pm »

Max was the last person I suspected tbh, nicely done. Tric seemed "obvious" but too easy an answer, especially since it looked like Lidku and Tric had associatives.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 22, 2022, 03:04:03 pm »

Yeah, my role was… both underwhelming and very likely detrimental to the town in multiple ways. Should be clear why once you post all the roles.

In advance: my auto had a third clause that turned on the killing part of my mafiakills, if the mafia chose not to kill or were blocked from killing. If I ever claimed that, they’d use me to do their dirty work, so. I just opted to never claim and hope I didn’t get town killed. I was tempted to not act Night 1.

Good game. Didn’t see Max coming, for the most part.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 22, 2022, 03:06:19 pm »

My scum team when I got executed was Max and Knightwing. Obviously after that I was spoiled but screaming to scrutinize Max some more. :p

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 22, 2022, 03:08:10 pm »

I may be contractually obligated at this point to mention Webadict's towering intellect, raw animal charisma, and dashing good looks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 22, 2022, 03:08:41 pm »

I loved my role. Commuting is kind of my favorite thing, and this kind of thing is exactly what I was hoping for with my role submission.
Lidku's role was pretty good too. I think we made great use of the crane, and I agree that it was a really cool power. It's a shame he never got to buy anything, but it's okay.

I loved that I got towncred n1 for A) being made unactionable by town (ie, uninvestigable) and B) being roleblocked during a no-kill.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 22, 2022, 03:12:02 pm »

My role was interesting, it felt weaker at first than it did by the end, was one of those "got to know what other abilities are in play to make proper use of it" kinds of things.

I'm still annoyed at myself for not realizeing that my N1 inspect was faster than Saibamen, and that as a result FoU was town. we could have won off of that.

also, I REALLY hated being given the crown D2. It reminded me of a really unplesant experience I've had in the past. Also, so far in cluch "Lenglon has full power and can game-determine if she just makes the right call" situations, I'm 0/4. I really hate that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2022, 03:14:19 pm »

I loved my role. Commuting is kind of my favorite thing, and this kind of thing is exactly what I was hoping for with my role submission.
Lidku's role was pretty good too. I think we made great use of the crane, and I agree that it was a really cool power. It's a shame he never got to buy anything, but it's okay.

I loved that I got towncred n1 for A) being made unactionable by town (ie, uninvestigable) and B) being roleblocked during a no-kill.

I did in fact bought Saibamen, but it was indirectly interrupted by Fallacy when he tried to Mug you, but didn't work since the crane effect was still on you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 22, 2022, 03:15:29 pm »

I'm still annoyed at myself for not realizeing that my N1 inspect was faster than Saibamen, and that as a result FoU was town. we could have won off of that.
Probably not. If you would have then voted Tric, he would've voted someone else, and if it wasn't me, I'd be tying the vote. This way was a lot easier for me, though.
I did in fact bought Saibamen, but it was indirectly interrupted by Fallacy when he tried to Mug you, but didn't work since the crane effect was still on you.
I remember, yes. Since I was untargetable, the action failed and we didn't actually GET it, though, which was my point.
Still, the crane ended up being much more important.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2022, 03:25:52 pm »

also, I REALLY hated being given the crown D2. It reminded me of a really unplesant experience I've had in the past. Also, so far in cluch "Lenglon has full power and can game-determine if she just makes the right call" situations, I'm 0/4. I really hate that.
Ah, yes, the Ruler power was a mistake and will be removed from future games, for multiple reasons. I was stuck on something that would make Knightwing's role feel unique, and... Well, I wanted to try it out again. Total noob mod move.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 22, 2022, 03:27:45 pm »

Ah, yes, the Ruler power was a mistake and will be removed from future games, for multiple reasons. I was stuck on something that would make Knightwing's role feel unique, and... Well, I wanted to try it out again. Total noob mod move.
I'm glad to hear it. I absolutely hate not having a vote, because I feel like I might as well not be there.

In this case, it gave me an excuse to kind of check out that day and not really hunt effectively, but if I had been town, it would've sucked.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 22, 2022, 03:33:58 pm »

Ah. Turns out I only had the potential to kill one half of the mafia, so what I thought was my strongest effect (Mugging the mafia-killer and then killing them) was actually not that good. Welp.

I feel like my performance on the last Day wasn’t that good, but y’all did end before I got out of work.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 22, 2022, 03:39:16 pm »

Ah. Turns out I only had the potential to kill one half of the mafia, so what I thought was my strongest effect (Mugging the mafia-killer and then killing them) was actually not that good. Welp.

I feel like my performance on the last Day wasn’t that good, but y’all did end before I got out of work.
You had the way to effectively stall the game forever if you had Mugged Max! Max could never kill and you could never kill him!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64