Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34854 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2022, 12:50:34 pm »

The slapstick comedy on the Eldar side of things is funny. Also heeeey, losing access to bay12 at work has made things even worse for me thanks to my issues with attention.

I should be back to posting regularly though after finding a solution.

Also if anyone wants to play Darktide together, my Steam Friend code is 98724777

Owlcat game confirmed to be based off RPG rules. Alpha leaked so it might be my turn to vanish for a few days V_V.

Also oooh, I hadn't heard of that.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2022, 09:52:21 pm »

Sorry for any delays on my part, chaos of the holidays. I'll have a post up sometime after the new year.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 03, 2023, 10:29:00 pm »

"That's why dont touch warpy things."

Indaria then turns to Kedia

"Lets leave the statue alone. Go to one of the other presences. Sound good?"

"Or... Better yet..." He retorts, leaning against the wall to steady himself. "Maybe I shouldn't have been the one to try and commune with it. Maybe it should've been someone better skilled at handling the psychic pressures, someone who might've been able to learn more from the World Soul." He gives a quick, pointed, glance towards the Seer. "But I we'll never know now, I doubt they'll have any more to say to us anytime soon."

"Lead on to where ever we're going next... I'll follow when I can."

So do you guys want to go to another presence, or see if the main plot is going to need you soon?
I'm down for either/or, and figure that once we're back at our shuttle we'll check-in and get info. Right now we don't know about the main plot, so right now plans will be to go to another presence, but as a player I'd prefer to go with the main plot assuming we gain info about it once we get on the shuttle.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 03, 2023, 11:23:09 pm »

"That's why dont touch warpy things."

Indaria then turns to Kedia

"Lets leave the statue alone. Go to one of the other presences. Sound good?"

"Or... Better yet..." He retorts, leaning against the wall to steady himself. "Maybe I shouldn't have been the one to try and commune with it. Maybe it should've been someone better skilled at handling the psychic pressures, someone who might've been able to learn more from the World Soul." He gives a quick, pointed, glance towards the Seer. "But I we'll never know now, I doubt they'll have any more to say to us anytime soon."

"Lead on to where ever we're going next... I'll follow when I can."

So do you guys want to go to another presence, or see if the main plot is going to need you soon?
I'm down for either/or, and figure that once we're back at our shuttle we'll check-in and get info. Right now we don't know about the main plot, so right now plans will be to go to another presence, but as a player I'd prefer to go with the main plot assuming we gain info about it once we get on the shuttle.
I agree w/ this assessment. As a player I'd prefer to advance the main plot at least a little, but at the moment our characters don't know what the Lord Captain's been up to or if he needs our help w/ anything. But once we get to the shuttle that can quickly change.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 07, 2023, 08:00:18 pm »

Yeah, sorry about my disappearance but whenever I'm on vacation/work break it gets hard for me to keep up with stuff. My brain becomes pudding. Also end of year yadda yadda.

I'll post now and see if I can keep up though.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 24, 2023, 08:39:49 am »

Afaik, nothing to do but to wait for the meeting. Do the other players have a preference as to which of the Traders we ally with while slapping the other?
>Yes?

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 24, 2023, 11:35:37 am »

Honestly? ...I'd say shoot them both for being idiots. But if I had to pick, then I'd say go with whichever sounds like they could work with us the best long term; when factoring in both their resources, connections, and over all personality. Not entirely sure which that would be though, as like I said... they both seem like idiots to me, given how far their petty disagreement has gotten out of had. cost the lives of who knows how many people, and generally hindered the advancement of both our aims AND been a major thorn in the planetary governor's side (but not one big enough to remove by force).

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 24, 2023, 03:27:25 pm »

Afaik, nothing to do but to wait for the meeting. Do the other players have a preference as to which of the Traders we ally with while slapping the other?

Wanna just skip to the meeting? Where do you want to set it up and who are you going to invite (aside from the guests of honor - is their/your retinue going to join? The governor?).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2023, 01:34:04 pm »

Skipping seems fair. I'd like to set it in neutral ground, preferably in the Ark Royal or at the fortress. And the Governor should probably be present unless he doesn't want to, since it's something of interest to him.

The retinues joining might be dependent on finding something useful to have ours do, even if it's a friendly game of volleyball or cards or something they can play while the head honchos have the boring talks.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2023, 03:18:14 pm »

Indaria wants the talks to be on-ship, and to have on-hand the tools to keep our guests on-ship against their wills and out of communication with their supporters as a backup option in case the talks go how she expects them to.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 25, 2023, 09:23:21 pm »

Skipping seems fair. I'd like to set it in neutral ground, preferably in the Ark Royal or at the fortress. And the Governor should probably be present unless he doesn't want to, since it's something of interest to him.

The retinues joining might be dependent on finding something useful to have ours do, even if it's a friendly game of volleyball or cards or something they can play while the head honchos have the boring talks.

Lets say Governor's tower. The Retinues can play with his dinosaurs a couple of rooms over so they can be around if PLOT happens/so they don't get sidetracked before we move on to the next endeavor. The Governor's children will join them as the Governor's stand-ins.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 26, 2023, 12:08:41 am »

Did I give out rewards for the Sidequest yet? Pretty sure I got sidetracked. Hopefully I remembered to give stuff for the Dino Capturing ark too.

Reward: 100 EXP for all participants, Psyker Crystals (If you ever go back to get them)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 26, 2023, 10:31:36 am »

What are Psyker Crystals?

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2023, 11:32:07 am »

What are Psyker Crystals?

Psyker Crystals = crystal materials that resonates w/ psykers and can be turned into (among other things) special Force Weapons for them

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 26, 2023, 04:36:08 pm »

Is that in addition to this?:

Oh yeah, if we've effectively finished the Raptor sidequest, do we get XP for it? I recall that and getting to purchase Survival were promised rewards.

Oh right, rewards. What did I say you get again?

Reward: A number of Utahraptor equivalents with number and quality depending on how successful you are. Bring someone with Survival. Exp and the option to buy cheaper Survival.

-Acquired Teeth and Unnamed the Raptors!
-Survival and Wrangling may be purchased as Elite Advances for 300 XP each
-100 XP

I... Think I didn't record that 100 XP before? Should I have 200 available now? v.v
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47