Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34926 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2022, 08:35:56 pm »

That is amusing and should be terrifying to the ship Seneshal
Speaking of, is Sirus interested in saving the locals from us?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2022, 08:37:01 pm »

It's okay, Intimidate is Strength based. :)

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »

Looks like the corsair has the best Fel between the three of us.

yeah... before you factor in the -20 for dealing with an Imperial citizen, and that'd be after halving the ability score to use the basic social skills untrained.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 26, 2022, 08:42:37 pm »

Looks like the corsair has the best Fel between the three of us.

yeah... before you factor in the -20 for dealing with an Imperial citizen, and that'd be after halving the ability score to use the basic social skills untrained.
After you factor that as well. Indaria is our only "human" and she has 10 Fel. And you could hide your species by keeping your armor on like I have been.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 26, 2022, 08:56:26 pm »

After you factor that as well. Indaria is our only "human" and she has 10 Fel. And you could hide your species by keeping your armor on like I have been.

I personally find it hard to believe that you haven't been found out yet, even w/ your armor on. As shouldn't it still be in the Aeldari style? Given this planet's history w/ the Eldar, you'd think it'd recognizable on sight to most people. Though you do have a point with the 10 Fel Indriana thing... though it definitely underscores just how you're still getting away with not being recognized as an Eldar, especially since Indriana is a "filthy mutant". XD. We'd really need someone who has social skills, just as a good idea in the near future.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2022, 09:00:03 pm »

Eldar are still rare enough that most rural people on this planet probably haven't seen one or have like, means of looking up what their armor looks like. I'll stay away from the cities. And there's always the out of claiming that you looted or bought the armor. I mean elf armor is in the base RT book, isn't it? :p

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2022, 09:07:07 pm »

I personally find it hard to believe that you haven't been found out yet, even w/ your armor on. As shouldn't it still be in the Aeldari style? Given this planet's history w/ the Eldar, you'd think it'd recognizable on sight to most people. Though you do have a point with the 10 Fel Indriana thing... though it definitely underscores just how you're still getting away with not being recognized as an Eldar, especially since Indriana is a "filthy mutant". XD. We'd really need someone who has social skills, just as a good idea in the near future.

History wise the Eldar gave up directly fighting many centuries ago, and have resorted to their standard tactic of "Tricking someone else to do their fighting for them". Few on the planet have seen an Eldar, and those who have are those who have taken a trip to the Void. I think I said before they stopped trying to take the planet back before the fortress was even built for an idea of the timeline.

Hopefully that is true since most of my notes for this are in my head, so I could be contradicting myself but I think it came up in the IC before.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2022, 09:10:06 pm »

Everyone just thinks Egan's character is an Eldaboo edgelord.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2022, 10:02:11 pm »

Oh yeah, if we've effectively finished the Raptor sidequest, do we get XP for it? I recall that and getting to purchase Survival were promised rewards.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2022, 12:46:04 pm »

I did ask around and this one seemed to be the most appropriate beginner mission. I'm sure you can find your own fun hunting for trouble dirtside, as long the main quest doesn't suffer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2022, 01:03:16 pm »

Oh yeah, if we've effectively finished the Raptor sidequest, do we get XP for it? I recall that and getting to purchase Survival were promised rewards.

Oh right, rewards. What did I say you get again?

Reward: A number of Utahraptor equivalents with number and quality depending on how successful you are. Bring someone with Survival. Exp and the option to buy cheaper Survival.

-Acquired Teeth and Unnamed the Raptors!
-Survival and Wrangling may be purchased as Elite Advances for 300 XP each
-100 XP

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2022, 01:11:34 pm »

Great, now I just gotta kill some cultists to figure out how to ride.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2022, 12:45:40 pm »

Or you could sell the cultists some eldar anime. It's basically anime from the era where character designs were thin, long-limbed and angular.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2022, 01:30:05 pm »

I'm fixing to have my character send a message to Indriana and Kadia telling them I'm coming down to join them, but before I do: a1s and Sirus, do either of you want to join Tallion in going down, or are you cool? Just asking, as someone with better social or interrogation skills than the two Eldar or the mutant would probably be smart to have on our little witch hunt.

Last call to the both of you before I join them...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2022, 07:02:01 pm »

Or you could sell the cultists some eldar anime. It's basically anime from the era where character designs were thin, long-limbed and angular.
I'm sure that cultists would be interested in anime from the centuries before the Fall, but on the other hand if I looked at it my soul would instantly explode so maybe that's a bad idea.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47