Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34900 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2022, 12:15:55 am »

To be fair I'm not sure we're taking the chaos station mission any time soon. Common sense says we should acquire a nova cannon and fire shells into the thing from max range, but since we have to recover items that isn't possible.
You might want to ask Indaria about alternate ways to handle that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2022, 12:22:50 am »

Gotcha! I asked because not all non-lance/macrobattery/torpedo supplemental components are made the same.

Nah they are :V

What do murder-servitors and launch bays count as?

Murder-Servitors are supplemental, launch bays are war. Add Nova Cannons and you have the entire War list.

And I believe we can go ahead with the Governor meeting. At least Symmone should be there, and A1S should probably be there too.

I'll start it tomorrow probably.

Wait it is always a bad sign when a GM says that. I mean I'll probably never get to it.

Stirk, did the Eldar give us the rough location of where we should start digging/extracting? I'm guessing we either have a convincing excuse to work on that or have to find one during the months we'll be around.

You received a 1000mX1000m coordinate when you where given the coordinates of the planet. Digging anywhere in that zone is considered acceptable.

Like, what are the stats of the Dominator?

As plasma pistol, with an extra setting that does no damage but makes targets take a toughness test or be stunned for 1d5 rounds. Takes 5 ammo, no Ovearheat, no range change. Does a cool flippy thing when settings are changed.

Could we get some info on the flakgrass gear?

As Guard Flack but half weight. Can presumably be used for other things (like shields) to reduce weight. Used for dino armor.

It'd sure be convenient if they had a voidsuit variant based off it, specially if it could also self-seal. Having less APs than the pressure carapace in exchange for more ready availability would be a great tradeoff.

I was gonna make that the quest if Indra failed her aquisiton you spoiled it :(

It's apparently under the fortress itself, though considering its size that may not be a good enough estimate...

You can probably piece together the location with your IC knowledge if you tried.

You might want to ask Indaria about alternate ways to handle that.

You can always talk OOC about your plans if you want :V
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2022, 12:25:30 am »

Having less APs than the pressure carapace in exchange for more ready availability would be a great tradeoff.
I mean, from my perspective the AP value is a fairly significant part of why the armor's important, but I get where you're coming from.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2022, 11:04:07 am »

I mean, from my perspective the AP value is a fairly significant part of why the armor's important, but I get where you're coming from.

Yeah, but we're currently 'poor' so that's a good compromise. Better auto-sealing flak-grade protection than no protection and/or no autoseal. Plus a pressure carapace of good craftsmanship is the same rarity as common-craftsmanship artificer armor so there's that.

And isn't Indaria going on an adventure with the elfdar during the meeting? She can get leave for that since the elfdar needs a bodyguard the Governor group is both larger in number already and visiting authority.

@Sirus: I forgot to say it before but if you feel like getting a power field I suggest a Rosarius.

And I forgot to ask but roughly how long has it been since Cadia's fall/the Scar opened and how is Footfall at the moment, Stirk? In case it's still up and running it might be worth a quick visit after we set up the extraction work. My current plans for acquiring ships include:
• Due to Navy connections, court any Navy patrol detachments who've ended up stranded over this side of the Maw. We have a big ship and a RT's means, so the commanders might take the offer to be part of the fleet due to the situation. Probably better with fellow Battlefleet than bowing to the Liege of Footfall;
• Non-heretical pirate ships either through offering them a change of line of work (since jumping as a group with our PC Navigator is probably safer for them) or by ambushing them near safe havens and taking their vessels;
• • Some heretical pirate ships if they can be towed and be cleaned with a powerwasher full of holy unguents. The Monarch of Whispers comes to mind, though that's a very dangerous one.
• The Breaking Yards at SR-651 (it'd take time for repair, refit and finding components though);
• The Processional Of the Damned (yikes).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2022, 11:21:16 am »

I think your meeting will be far quicker than the eldar's hunting trip, and you'll probably have finished before the hunt starts. Right now Indaria doesn't know about the hunt so she isn't planning for it. The entire hunting discussion was OOC after all.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2022, 11:25:20 am »

As for getting ships, why not just tell a small chaos force "free loot for the taking on eldar battleship cruiser at XYZ" and let them soften it up? We come in after for cleanup.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2022, 12:14:51 pm »

We first need to find the ship, though, and the jester did say the first step is having enough allies or ships. So either we're getting instructions after we have a big enough fleet or we'll have to do the tracking ourselves.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2022, 01:31:52 pm »

I think your meeting will be far quicker than the eldar's hunting trip, and you'll probably have finished before the hunt starts. Right now Indaria doesn't know about the hunt so she isn't planning for it. The entire hunting discussion was OOC after all.
I'll fix that imminently :v

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2022, 01:35:32 pm »

The Eldar will text Indaria "oh what is dis owo" with a picture of her holding a knife attached.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2022, 01:48:41 pm »

I'm afraid that I'll have to be less forward than that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2022, 12:08:45 am »

And I forgot to ask but roughly how long has it been since Cadia's fall/the Scar opened and how is Footfall at the moment, Stirk? In case it's still up and running it might be worth a quick visit after we set up the extraction work. My current plans for acquiring ships include:

Nobody knows since time got screwed up by Cadia's fall and you can't just call back to Terra to ask them anymore. You know how long it has been subjectively but every planet and station you visit gives you a different answer to how long it has been, sometimes with decades worth of difference.

Presumably none of you have been to Footfall in a while. It is presumably doing poorly as something that needed a steady stream of supplies to not die and had a lawless population before SHTF.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2022, 12:25:27 am »

darn @ no pressure carapace. but i knew the odds were low from the beginning. the point was to get rolling the dice, eventually (with enough rolls) there'll be a success.
and will probably look into alternates after the dino hunt is completed.

oh, and because it probably wasn't clear, because Indaria has no formal training and doesn't know the proper terms. when she's checking if things "feel creepy" or similarly vague statements, she's actually doing a psynisense check. Same way she'd routinely check for such things while hunting in chaos-aligned areas. Figure she kinda developed the skill as a warp-critter-hunting-deathworld-predator.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 12:30:18 am by Lenglon »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2022, 01:23:17 pm »

Presumably none of you have been to Footfall in a while. It is presumably doing poorly as something that needed a steady stream of supplies to not die and had a lawless population before SHTF.

Oooh, we should send an astropathic message there to see how it's going actually. Wait. We might also benefit from sending an astropathic message to 'Battlefleet Koronus' and check how they're doing.

Note to myself: have Marco send astropathic messages to Footfall and the Navy elements he knows ended up stranded this side of the Maw. Possibly see if he remembers any Mechanicus too.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2022, 03:21:53 pm »

but... but I used a strikethrough on that. where'd my strikethrough go?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2022, 03:32:38 pm »

but... but I used a strikethrough on that. where'd my strikethrough go?

I wrote that last night before the strikethrough :V

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47