Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34940 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2022, 08:51:04 am »

What'd be rarity for a ridable but compact dinosaur? Don't necessarily want to stomp around on a T-Rex but power and teeth would be good.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2022, 12:11:49 pm »

Is A1s still around?

So single item, either for individual or a set, right?

so for example:
Pressure Carapace Armor, a set for the group, base rarity (Very Rare), quality (Good). overall odds: 28% correct?

No, +30 is for an individual and could be more than one item. For example buying grenades or drugs would get you enough for one person to use. You'd effectively have an infinite amount of grenades, but if you let other people use them you'd mysteriously run out. Caellath already explained that you got the math wrong for a set for the group, +30 would be "Carapace Armor just for me".

You can also combine acquisitions to get more than one item, typically those that go together like a new gun with special ammo and mods. This is a -5 penalty for each new item and uses the highest rarity of all the items for rarity.

I'm thankful the annoying legwork rolls were taken out. They're a big part of why in many games acquisition-related matters usually end up with a single person who's familiar with the system doing all the math.

Could characters negotiate for other characters still? Maybe once for themselves, at least once for someone else? If the victim beneficiary accepts, of course.  And do the extra maluses from the Core book's p.274 still count in face of BFK's updated component rarity chart?

And how many soldiers can we stick into the Dictator? And what does Dino cavalry count as, when it comes to BFK's army composition? I might wanna get lodes of warriors for totally peaceful purposes I swear.

Negotiate probably. It really isn't that big a bonus so I won't worry over it too much.

The 274 penalties are supposed to replace scale, the rarity chart replaces the rarity chart on page 207 in the Core Book. Well it expands it for more expensive components.

Dino Cavalry counts as Light/Medium/Heavy cavalry depending on what dinosaurs they're riding. Modern tech level. So you're probably only going to be able to afford a small force of them :(. Individuals will fight using Only War's cavalry rules.

Dictator Crew: 100,000
15,000 Dedicated to Aircraft
68,000 Voidsmen
8,500 Armsmen
8,500 Combined officers and Warrant Officers.

Without dedicated storage space you could probably squeeze another 2000 men in. More if you replace existing (or non-existing) arms men with soldiers.

What'd be rarity for a ridable but compact dinosaur? Don't necessarily want to stomp around on a T-Rex but power and teeth would be good.

Rare for something like an Allosaurus, Very Rare for something like a T-Rex, Scarce for something like a hollywood style Utahraptor. Riding follows Only War rules (basically they act as a vehicle that uses Survival Tests)

EDIT

Since you're technically a Psyker you can also get a familiar, but it'd probably have to be smaller than rideable unless you go on some special sidequest or something.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 12:20:30 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2022, 12:28:46 pm »

Alright, I'll go for a Trivial supply of the Utahraptors. And with Good quality to make sure they're well trained since I don't actually have survival.

28 + 0 + 20 - 10 = 38

Roll: 81

Oh well.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2022, 12:42:35 pm »

Alright, I'll go for a Trivial supply of the Utahraptors. And with Good quality to make sure they're well trained since I don't actually have survival.

28 + 0 + 20 - 10 = 38

Oh well.

Acquisition tests are something you do IC and consequentially are something done by the GM. Mostly to allow for plothooks and workarounds, such as starting a quest where you go out to capture and tame a raptor instead of being able to buy it or one where you try to commune with the world soul to have it give you free dinos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2022, 02:01:19 pm »

The 274 penalties are supposed to replace scale, the rarity chart replaces the rarity chart on page 207 in the Core Book. Well it expands it for more expensive components.

Yep, yep. I had a brain fart and thought BFK might have changed that ruling but nope.

Do barracks count as Structural or War? Last time I acquired one it counted as Structural since it's just a hold for military stuff, but it's still military stuff related to be fair. And does Rook's Crown even have ship components?

Edit: and do we have the rough location of where we should start digging/extracting or do the Eldar expect us to find what they're seeking?

By the way we should probably take advantage of the fact the merchants are pushing stuff onto us. Particularly when it comes to stocking up on peaches. Hopefully these are delicious.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 03:38:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2022, 05:45:24 pm »

Yep, yep. I had a brain fart and thought BFK might have changed that ruling but nope.

Do barracks count as Structural or War? Last time I acquired one it counted as Structural since it's just a hold for military stuff, but it's still military stuff related to be fair. And does Rook's Crown even have ship components?

By the way we should probably take advantage of the fact the merchants are pushing stuff onto us. Particularly when it comes to stocking up on peaches. Hopefully these are delicious.

Barracks are listed as Supplemental so they’re supplemental. War refers to space weapons mostly. You can roll for them and if you pass then they had it, either as something like “We sent up a prefab barrack with equipment and now it is your barrack” or “an ancient crashed ship had this we’ll fix it up and send it your way”. If you fail they probably just didn’t have it.

28 + 0 + 20 - 10 = 38

Oh well.

I guess we’re using this roll so pick your side quest:

Raptor Wrangling: a local Warrior chief invites the RT and/or his retinue to a dinosaur wrangling. You will hunt down your targeted Utahraptor, capture them alive, and train them into domestication.
Reward: A number of Utahraptor equivalents with number and quality depending on how successful you are. Bring someone with Survival. Exp and the option to buy cheaper Survival.

Soul of the World: A fragment of the World Spirit recognizes you and calls out, leading you deep into the jungle. It has a series of tests, should you prove yourself worthy to commune with it it will reward you appropriately. Tests happens to mean “angry dinosaurs”. This mission will involve combat.
Reward: Quality Pyconically bonded Dino, potential for familiars for any allies who can make use of them, info from the World Spirit

Unlike earlier quests the choice is OOC and the unchosen path will not materialize.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2022, 05:55:45 pm »

I'm down for either of those, really. What are the odds that Kedia can actually go to the former without getting blammed?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2022, 07:42:16 pm »

I'm down for either of those, really. What are the odds that Kedia can actually go to the former without getting blammed?

Pretty high. If you cover up you elf features you visibly pass as human. Your natural voice and movement will seem off to most people, but you’ll also be above most people’s pay grade. It’s like if Bill Gates showed up to a five star hotel in an ahego hoodie, most of the workers would think it is weird and probably talk about it to their friends later but most aren’t going to say anything to his face. If you make attempts to look and sound more human the effect would be really subtle. If you whispered into either a servant or a retinue member’s ear and had them pass on your messages or just remained mute you would easily pass as a particularly graceful human assassin, who everyone would assume you where as a retinue member. If you want to hide your grace entirely you could have someone roll you around in a chair or have servants lift you around on a fancier chair.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2022, 07:53:16 pm »

I'll take the low odds of success and hope to get lucky, I think only the eldar has a voidsuit that doesn't suck right now, and pressure carapace armor would be an armor upgrade for everyone. And we're going to want it or something like it for the chaos station.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2022, 08:37:52 pm »

Looks like other characters are busy and I probably don't want to fight multiple dinosaurs alone as a not combat focused character. So Raptor Wrangling it is!

Unless A1s wants to show up again for the promise of a fight and a free familiar.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2022, 10:19:56 pm »

Looks like other characters are busy and I probably don't want to fight multiple dinosaurs alone as a not combat focused character. So Raptor Wrangling it is!

Unless A1s wants to show up again for the promise of a fight and a free familiar.

I figure the catgirl would help instead of waiting in the car all mission. Especially since she's the only one who has the skill needed to succeed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2022, 10:39:23 pm »

I figure the catgirl would help instead of waiting in the car all mission. Especially since she's the only one who has the skill needed to succeed.
This is correct.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2022, 10:49:49 pm »

Oh yeah. Well, guess that's the plan then.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2022, 11:38:29 pm »

Barracks are listed as Supplemental so they’re supplemental. War refers to space weapons mostly.

Gotcha! I asked because not all non-lance/macrobattery/torpedo supplemental components are made the same. What do murder-servitors and launch bays count as?

I'll take the low odds of success and hope to get lucky, I think only the eldar has a voidsuit that doesn't suck right now, and pressure carapace armor would be an armor upgrade for everyone. And we're going to want it or something like it for the chaos station.

To be fair I'm not sure we're taking the chaos station mission any time soon. Common sense says we should acquire a nova cannon and fire shells into the thing from max range, but since we have to recover items that isn't possible.

And I believe we can go ahead with the Governor meeting. At least Symmone should be there, and A1S should probably be there too.

Stirk, did the Eldar give us the rough location of where we should start digging/extracting? I'm guessing we either have a convincing excuse to work on that or have to find one during the months we'll be around.

Also I'll hold my acquisition until I can see more of the local specialties. Like, what are the stats of the Dominator? Could we get some info on the flakgrass gear? It'd sure be convenient if they had a voidsuit variant based off it, specially if it could also self-seal. Having less APs than the pressure carapace in exchange for more ready availability would be a great tradeoff.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:46:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2022, 11:48:58 pm »

It's apparently under the fortress itself, though considering its size that may not be a good enough estimate...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47