Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34962 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #255 on: July 31, 2022, 12:33:28 am »

No, the greatest fight is the fight against yourself. Violence is a perfectly valid and useful tool, and there's nothing wrong with using a tool properly in the proper situation.

Is the Eldar winning or loosing that fight if she damages herself?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2022, 12:42:14 am »

No, the greatest fight is the fight against yourself. Violence is a perfectly valid and useful tool, and there's nothing wrong with using a tool properly in the proper situation.

Is the Eldar winning or loosing that fight if she damages herself?
physical self-harm generally is loosing the fight. special exceptions can apply. they don't here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2022, 01:07:28 am »

Shit happens in the warp and I didn't get damaged enough to need to see a chiurgon, so it's a wash. Those hallucinations explicitly wear off when you exit the warp so it's just "oh, FUCKING SHEWHOTHIRSTS was trying to off me with hallucinations, but she failed heck yeah live another day."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2022, 10:44:17 am »

Should I make another post to redo the rolls, or was that OOC stuff Caellath posted just for Stirk?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2022, 11:15:27 am »

Should I make another post to redo the rolls, or was that OOC stuff Caellath posted just for Stirk?

Nothing changed, don't worry.

If anyone wants to go shopping you can make your PF roll whenever. Mostly to give the people staying back something to do in the meantime.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2022, 01:28:01 pm »

It was just for Stirk, don't worry.

If anyone wants to go shopping you can make your PF roll whenever. Mostly to give the people staying back something to do in the meantime.

Are people familiar with the acquisition system? I could give a crash course, though we'll need to know the population of the world. Also I'm not sure if Stirk is using a simpler version.

1) Check (Table 9-35. p. 272, Core Book): check the item's availability and decide on the amount. Ship components use rules from Battlefleet Koronus.
2) Determine Location (Table 5-1. p. 111, Core): compare availability vs population as per table 5-1 on page 111 of the Core book.
3) Search: Is the item available in the market? Commerce Test, +/- the Location Difficulty from table 5-1, + Assorted bonuses (Assistance/Items) = TN.
4) Calculate Time Spent (Table 5-2. p. 111, Core): the time spent looking for the item, as per table 5-2 of page 111.
5) Negotiation (p. 273, Core): Commerce Skill +Assorted bonuses opposed by the other side's Commerce or Scrutiny.
• For each degree the Explorer beats his opponent, he may increase his Profit Factor by 2 points. For each degree his opponent beats him, however, he must decrease his Profit Factor by 2. Both increases and decreases to Profit Factor only apply to a single Acquisition Test made immediately with that trader.
6) Acquisition Test: Profit Factor, +/- Negotiation Bonus/Malus, +/- 0 Availability, +/- Quantity Modifier(1), +/- Assorted Mods.(2) = TN
• 1 (p.276): The quantity modifier doesn't apply to Near Unique and Unique items as well as some other cases, such as voidship Components (p.274);
• 2: Modifiers that are nonstandard such as a further -30 to the test for War Components for voidships (p.274).
7) Hasten: A test to cut down the time spent looking for the item in half, failure causes no issues. Commerce Skill +Assorted bonuses.
8) Result: Either you have obtained it, or you haven't.

Obviously it's assumed you're gonna use the best stats in the ship or else anyone but Face characters would have a hard time getting anything. The purchase is made via the Dynasty's PF anyway so it's a joint effort.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:31:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2022, 01:35:07 pm »

Any recommendations for good acquisitions for me? Keeping in mind that I don't have proficiency with human guns, just melee.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2022, 02:23:56 pm »

Power fields (preferentially PR 50 and above) and holosuits are always great for personal protection.

Alternatively, you could look for something that helps with navigation like a version of the Almanac Astrae Divinitus that's focused on the Koronus Expanse's warp routes.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2022, 05:32:02 pm »

A power field sounds pretty good for me as well, even if getting more than one might increase the difficulty of the acquisition roll. Symonne is very squishy and needs as much protection as she can get if she winds up in a fight.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2022, 10:39:22 pm »

It was just for Stirk, don't worry.

Are people familiar with the acquisition system? I could give a crash course, though we'll need to know the population of the world. Also I'm not sure if Stirk is using a simpler version.

1) Check (Table 9-35. p. 272, Core Book): check the item's availability and decide on the amount. Ship components use rules from Battlefleet Koronus.
2) Determine Location (Table 5-1. p. 111, Core): compare availability vs population as per table 5-1 on page 111 of the Core book.
3) Search: Is the item available in the market? Commerce Test, +/- the Location Difficulty from table 5-1, + Assorted bonuses (Assistance/Items) = TN.
4) Calculate Time Spent (Table 5-2. p. 111, Core): the time spent looking for the item, as per table 5-2 of page 111.
5) Negotiation (p. 273, Core): Commerce Skill +Assorted bonuses opposed by the other side's Commerce or Scrutiny.
• For each degree the Explorer beats his opponent, he may increase his Profit Factor by 2 points. For each degree his opponent beats him, however, he must decrease his Profit Factor by 2. Both increases and decreases to Profit Factor only apply to a single Acquisition Test made immediately with that trader.
6) Acquisition Test: Profit Factor, +/- Negotiation Bonus/Malus, +/- 0 Availability, +/- Quantity Modifier(1), +/- Assorted Mods.(2) = TN
• 1 (p.276): The quantity modifier doesn't apply to Near Unique and Unique items as well as some other cases, such as voidship Components (p.274);
• 2: Modifiers that are nonstandard such as a further -30 to the test for War Components for voidships (p.274).
7) Hasten: A test to cut down the time spent looking for the item in half, failure causes no issues. Commerce Skill +Assorted bonuses.
8) Result: Either you have obtained it, or you haven't.

Obviously it's assumed you're gonna use the best stats in the ship or else anyone but Face characters would have a hard time getting anything. The purchase is made via the Dynasty's PF anyway so it's a joint effort.

We're cutting out availability, including the part where it takes 12 months to find a neat gun. It is just kinda annoying for everyone to deal with. Straight up Acquisition Test to get things. For anyone worried about it it basically says it is something that you can hand wave away between sessions, which doesn't really work for a forum game that is more of a constant narrative.

Negotiation assumes the character negotiates for his own stuff rather than using the Face character for everything, but you can just pay sticker price for most things without negotiating.

Power fields (preferentially PR 50 and above) and holosuits are always great for personal protection.

Alternatively, you could look for something that helps with navigation like a version of the Almanac Astrae Divinitus that's focused on the Koronus Expanse's warp routes.

You might wanna check their expectations given that you chose to be poor as dirt :V.

Any recommendations for good acquisitions for me? Keeping in mind that I don't have proficiency with human guns, just melee.

Buy a dinosaur.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2022, 12:12:35 am »

Basically all of us chose to be poor as dirt to be fair, and I was even kinda late to the process of making us poorer.

And even being poor for a RT means a good shot at getting something like a Rosarius.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2022, 12:16:48 am »

Um, so how does the process actually work here anyway? Do I just post a giant wishlist of every item ever that seems interesting? pick one item and hope I can actually get it?

Also, since we are all using the same modifiers, what are they in total? do we have a 10% of getting a rare for an individual? Just trying to be able to make informed decisions.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2022, 12:33:57 am »

Um, so how does the process actually work here anyway? Do I just post a giant wishlist of every item ever that seems interesting? pick one item and hope I can actually get it?

Also, since we are all using the same modifiers, what are they in total? do we have a 10% of getting a rare for an individual? Just trying to be able to make informed decisions.

It is the same thing you did to get your first Acquisition back during character creation, but instead of getting it for free you have to roll against PF now.

Your PF is 28, which is low. If you roll under your PF+modifiers you get the item you're looking for. If you roll over you don't :(. Scale is a modifier for how many of an item you're getting. If you only want one item, it is +30. If you want enough to share with the whole party, it is +20. If you want to buy enough for a regiment of soldiers it would be -10.

So for a rare item individual you'd get 28+30(individual)-10(rare)=48 so a 48% chance of getting the item. If you wanted to get enough for the party you'd have a 38% chance.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2022, 02:08:10 am »

So single item, either for individual or a set, right?

so for example:
Pressure Carapace Armor, a set for the group, base rarity (Very Rare), quality (Good). overall odds: 28% correct?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2022, 07:46:50 am »

That'd be for a single suit of carapace armor. For 3-5 sets of carapace armor, it'd be:

28 +20 (Trivial quantity) -10 (Good) -20 (VR) = TN 18.

We're cutting out availability, including the part where it takes 12 months to find a neat gun. It is just kinda annoying for everyone to deal with. Straight up Acquisition Test to get things. For anyone worried about it it basically says it is something that you can hand wave away between sessions, which doesn't really work for a forum game that is more of a constant narrative.

Negotiation assumes the character negotiates for his own stuff rather than using the Face character for everything, but you can just pay sticker price for most things without negotiating.

I'm thankful the annoying legwork rolls were taken out. They're a big part of why in many games acquisition-related matters usually end up with a single person who's familiar with the system doing all the math.

Could characters negotiate for other characters still? Maybe once for themselves, at least once for someone else? If the victim beneficiary accepts, of course.  And do the extra maluses from the Core book's p.274 still count in face of BFK's updated component rarity chart?

And how many soldiers can we stick into the Dictator? And what does Dino cavalry count as, when it comes to BFK's army composition? I might wanna get lodes of warriors for totally peaceful purposes I swear.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 10:18:42 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47