Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34778 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2022, 09:59:32 am »

I'm guessing they get the best we can supply them (preferentially at least some shields and long-lases, those are amazing), with at least one squad receiving better gear for emergencies. Armsmen should probably have more shotguns and close-range weapons than the HG due to their specialty as ship defenders, as well as a uniform that matches the color scheme of the ship's interior. House Guard might have a similar uniform with different colors or accents and be more used to "dirtside", open-field operations than the armsmen.

If you mean assault craft pilots then they probably get at least small perks and ribbons for performance since that's a pretty daredevilish position. It takes guts to do attacks runs with point-defense opening up to the right, left and front of them (volleyed and thundered; stormed at with shot and shell etc.). And leaning towards integration and joint exercises to avoid too many disputes.

Could I just go for Peer (Fleet) to mean subordinates and no one else?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2022, 10:25:04 am »

I'm guessing they get the best we can supply them (preferentially at least some shields and long-lases, those are amazing), with at least one squad receiving better gear for emergencies. Armsmen should probably have more shotguns and close-range weapons than the HG due to their specialty as ship defenders, as well as a uniform that matches the color scheme of the ship's interior. House Guard might have a similar uniform with different colors or accents and be more used to "dirtside", open-field operations than the armsmen.

If you mean assault craft pilots then they probably get at least small perks and ribbons for performance since that's a pretty daredevilish position. It takes guts to do attacks runs with point-defense opening up to the right, left and front of them (volleyed and thundered; stormed at with shot and shell etc.). And leaning towards integration and joint exercises to avoid too many disputes.

Could I just go for Peer (Fleet) to mean subordinates and no one else?

Peer(Fleet) works sure.

Shields and shotguns work but longlases are a bit out of your free price range. I'm not giving out anything more than Common without someone paying.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2022, 10:39:59 am »

IC is up.

I chose to use point buy.
Spoiler: Regina Winters (click to show/hide)
making a character.
edit:
Spoiler: Indaria (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: background (click to show/hide)
I rolled for my stats, they turned out pretty well I think (toughness aside)! I do have a screenshot of the rolls along with timestamps that I can provide on request.

Decided to lean into the "spymaster" part of the career and went heavy on Peers. Maybe too heavy. Don't know!

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)
They're implied to look either kinda khajit-y or like fluffier humans since it's mentioned they have a thicker layer of body hair and iirc they're the abhumans with the denomination homo hirsutus, which's basically "hairy man'' when translated.

Also finishing my sheet:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spaaaaaace elf.
Spent my starting requisition on a Navis Primer. Or whatever you call the elfy equivalent of that.

Spoiler: some fluff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lots of crunch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposed ship (click to show/hide)

Your PF will be 28.

Okay, I think my character is done. I rolled my stats and borrowed Caellath's sheet format, so I hope I did it all right.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:45:32 pm by Stirk »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2022, 01:19:37 pm »

While checking Sirus's sheet I realized that even without coordinating we ended up with different Peer talents, which's good.

And while checking yours, Lenglon: you can have something better than improvised weapon. The Arch-Militant starts with both a ranged and a melee weapon (a Good Craftsmanship primitive melee weapon of choice with the mono upgrade). The groxwhip is a fun one since it has both flexible and tearing as well as a 3m reach, or you could look into the interesting primitive melee weapons in Faith & Coin.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2022, 02:46:32 pm »

I somehow missed that very important comma in the list of Arch-Militant starting gear and thought it was:
choose any one of the following:
1) good-craftsmanship hellgun
2) best-craftsmanship hunting rifle (which upon clarification with Stirk apparently is a long-las?)
3) two bolts pistols and a good-craftsmanship primitive melee weapon of choice with the mono upgrade.

that you for the clarification Cael.

EDIT: sword added.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:14:56 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2022, 04:07:35 pm »

Also Egan stop just shitposting and join up.

I'll consider it. Would a Navi or a Space Elf be more fun?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2022, 04:30:21 pm »

While there's homebrew for the space elves, I believe officially in RT only the evil space elves are supported so you could ask Stirk.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2022, 04:33:12 pm »

To be fair they do have gear for the good not-as-evil space elves, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make a substitute.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2022, 05:01:46 pm »

Alright. Stirk, what resources would I be using to play as "representative"?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2022, 05:38:45 pm »

Alright. Stirk, what resources would I be using to play as "representative"?

There is a Space Elf home brew in the RT section of the Only War stuff I sent over.

I didn’t check it over to see if it is any good, but it’d probably work.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2022, 07:18:18 pm »

If you mean the representative joining us, they're a Harlequin so that's a few thousand exp away from our current level. It's been a while since I've last checked a harlequin's stat block but I'm fairly sure one would be able to murder the entire crew while pirouetting around.

This site has the homebrew that's most used for Rogue Trader, including entire career paths/alt. ranks for the space elves: https://sites.google.com/view/lodge-blackman-games/homebrew-documents
And if Stirk lets you play an elfdar I suppose you could play both space elf and navigator since they can do navigation as well.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2022, 07:28:19 pm »

Eaagh. I was just remembering that PC representative was an option. Guess if I made an Elf now I wouldn't have that bit of authority. Living a couple weeks in the past atm, please wait to see if my brain snaps back to the present.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2022, 07:41:30 pm »

If you mean the representative joining us, they're a Harlequin so that's a few thousand exp away from our current level. It's been a while since I've last checked a harlequin's stat block but I'm fairly sure one would be able to murder the entire crew while pirouetting around.

This site has the homebrew that's most used for Rogue Trader, including entire career paths/alt. ranks for the space elves: https://sites.google.com/view/lodge-blackman-games/homebrew-documents
And if Stirk lets you play an elfdar I suppose you could play both space elf and navigator since they can do navigation as well.

It could just be a normal Eldar clown. I’m sure those exist somewhere.

Eaagh. I was just remembering that PC representative was an option. Guess if I made an Elf now I wouldn't have that bit of authority. Living a couple weeks in the past atm, please wait to see if my brain snaps back to the present.

It isn’t technically too late if you get a sheet up like, before the ship gets anywhere.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2022, 08:00:13 pm »

Real quick, what kinda chairs are in this confrence room? Are they ornate full-backed things, rolly chairs, barstools?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2022, 08:23:02 pm »

It could just be a normal Eldar clown. I’m sure those exist somewhere.

Yes, that's the average Eldar. (hue)

If you go for elfdar rep, what role are you looking into?
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47