Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34765 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2022, 07:31:30 am »

making a character.

I forgot to tell you, but you could ask Stirk if you'd be allowed to make a Felinid without going Aberration. Oh, and you don't need to specialize in Basic Laser for the arch-militant's special. Just Basic works since the allowed specs are Melee, Thrown, Pistol, Basic, and Heavy.
Thank you, but I don't want to completely redo Indaria's background at this point anyway. From my perspective that this point I'm committed, besides, I don't know enough about the race to feel comfortable just going with it, and for all we know she actually IS one, because I doubt that the treatment between the two would differ significantly. Hell, she herself might not realize the difference since she was raised in a human community. I will remove the Laser specification from the Arch-militant special though, thank you for pointing that out.
As for the ship, a) we might benefit from giving it a Melodium since it's +10 to social tests within the ship, from Command to Charm or Commerce if we're trying to butter up someone and b) we should come up with a name. Since it's ex-Navy and a Dictator cruiser I say it should be something pompous like Autocrat, Dominion, Inevitable, Sovereign Warlord, Monarch of Wars, King's Ballista, Tyranny Unbound.
I think our RT should pick the name, especially since my taste in names is not compatible with the Imperium's taste in names. Adding Melodium, one moment.
EDIT: added it, but are you sure it's worth it? It costs SP and I thought we were trying to reduce our SP expenses.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 07:34:33 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rouge Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2022, 09:46:04 am »

I forgot to tell you, but you could ask Stirk if you'd be allowed to make a Felinid without going Aberration. Oh, and you don't need to specialize in Basic Laser for the arch-militant's special. Just Basic works since the allowed specs are Melee, Thrown, Pistol, Basic, and Heavy.

As for the ship, a) we might benefit from giving it a Melodium since it's +10 to social tests within the ship, from Command to Charm or Commerce if we're trying to butter up someone and b) we should come up with a name. Since it's ex-Navy and a Dictator cruiser I say it should be something pompous like Autocrat, Dominion, Inevitable, Sovereign Warlord, Monarch of Wars, King's Ballista, Tyranny Unbound.

Making a Felinid would have been fine. I would have suggested it myself but we'd lose out on the catgirl concentration camp backstory.

Thank you, but I don't want to completely redo Indaria's background at this point anyway. From my perspective that this point I'm committed, besides, I don't know enough about the race to feel comfortable just going with it, and for all we know she actually IS one, because I doubt that the treatment between the two would differ significantly. Hell, she herself might not realize the difference since she was raised in a human community. I will remove the Laser specification from the Arch-militant special though, thank you for pointing that out.
 I think our RT should pick the name, especially since my taste in names is not compatible with the Imperium's taste in names. Adding Melodium, one moment.
EDIT: added it, but are you sure it's worth it? It costs SP and I thought we were trying to reduce our SP expenses.

The Imperium is nothing if not hypocrites. Abhumans are sanctioned mutants like squats, ogryn, and ratlings (dwarves, ogres, and hobbits respectively). They're not necessarily treated as full humans but killing them for no reason would be considered a waste of the Emperor's resources. The general logic behind persecuting mutants is that the warp causes mutations, so anyone with significant mutations could potentially be affiliated with the warp thus must be purged. Abhuman's mutations are stable on a population level and thus not indicative of warp shenanigans.

Navis are another exception in that they're considered abhumans despite their mutations not being stable since the Imperium couldn't run without them.

They're implied to look either kinda khajit-y or like fluffier humans since it's mentioned they have a thicker layer of body hair and iirc they're the abhumans with the denomination homo hirsutus, which's basically "hairy man'' when translated.

Also finishing my sheet:

You really don't want to deal with Insanity or Corruption do you :V

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2022, 01:00:34 pm »

It isn't necessary but it's 1 SP for +10 to skills that include Command (which is rolled for attack craft operations), Charm and Intimidate (for social endeavors) and Commerce (for business negotiations as well as acquisition haggling). I'd say it's worth its price since we're going hard into the fleet carrier aspect and it has other bonuses.

You really don't want to deal with Insanity or Corruption do you :V

I can't say I enjoy corruption but it's mostly because a) the idea flowed out of my head and b) to be different from my latest characters. My most recent 40k char was a RT who leaned towards space dandy with his noble birth, sensual behavior, and lack of anything that'd help with his WP tests (resistance, unshakeable faith)—at least until I eventually got Jaded after mostly focusing on charm and commerce. Meanwhile Marco has Battlefleet pedigree, was trained as a Navy commissar, and you really don't want the RT to be the first one to panic.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2022, 08:34:51 pm »

cool, I have no objections with the melodium then.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2022, 10:40:58 pm »

Since we're a few finishing touches away from finishing it looks like we'll be able to start tomorrow!

I'll start in the morning if everything is ready, at night if they arn't.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2022, 11:09:35 pm »

I was eyeing the Rogue Planet origin path option for a secondary plot line but I figure we already have a big main one so we might not even have the time for a secondary one. Plus I've already added the "weird archeotech thing that made you live through lives from other times" as a plot hook if necessary.

Stirk, any Peer options that wouldn't be easily obtainable in most campaigns that could be an option in this one due to the theme and Guillithumbs-up? Like Peer (Eldar) for example.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2022, 11:34:38 pm »

I was eyeing the Rogue Planet origin path option for a secondary plot line but I figure we already have a big main one so we might not even have the time for a secondary one. Plus I've already added the "weird archeotech thing that made you live through lives from other times" as a plot hook if necessary.

Stirk, any Peer options that wouldn't be easily obtainable in most campaigns that could be an option in this one due to the theme and Guillithumbs-up? Like Peer (Eldar) for example.

Peer (Eldar) would be acceptable. If you can think of another one it will probably also be acceptable, though the obvious one in the government probably won't come up too much.

Do you have any preference for your ship's culture or do I have free reign there?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 11:42:11 pm by Stirk »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2022, 12:26:16 am »

I haven't given it much thought aside from it cleaving at least a bit close to the Navy due to captain, dynasty and ship, but looser since it isn't an actual Battlefleet vessel and it's the fringes.

It's time to do something I've never done and make friends with the astartes in a RT game then. Peer: Astartes here we (hopefully) go.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2022, 12:39:25 am »

peer space marines wow I didn't realize that you were a teenager just getting into 40k because of the cool spacemen and racism

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2022, 12:43:57 am »

Now you know. 😔
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2022, 12:50:31 am »

Cael, do you have a name in particular for the ship that you prefer?

If I were picking the name it would the be Sparrow, which, again, I don't think really fits the imperial naming scheme.

peer space marines wow I didn't realize that you were a teenager just getting into 40k because of the cool spacemen and racism
Now you know. 😔
haha.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2022, 01:52:06 am »

Yeah, the names are usually something pompous and valiant or just straight-up ripped from the Royal Navy registry like the Warspite or an entire class named after the HMS Repulse (now renamed Repulsive-class post regular defection of crews to Chaos thanks to its warp drive instabilities). I think Sparrow would fit a much smaller ship like a corvette or destroyer rather than a fat, heavy-hitting ship-of-the-line.

Since it's a full carrier we could get get something from here. Ark Royal, Venerable, and Leviathan are good options. Ark Royal even more so.

As for non-RN names, Crown Prince, Trindade de Fogo (Trinity of Fire), Blazing Archangel, Crown of Thorns,  or bow/long-range siege engine names (Arbalest, Longbow, Trebuchet, Catapult, Onager, Scorpio), were other ideas I had in mind. In case no other idea sweeps in, I think we could default to Ark Royal as a pretty storied and cool-sounding name.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 02:38:52 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2022, 02:20:27 am »

Yeah, the names are usually something pompous and valiant or just straight-up ripped from the Royal Navy registry like the Warspite or an entire class named after the HMS Repulse (now renamed Repulsive-class post regular defection of crews to Chaos thanks to its warp drive instabilities). I think Sparrow would fit a much smaller ship like a corvette or destroyer rather than a fat, heavy-hitting ship-of-the-line.
There's reasons small ship names sometimes get on big ships, but I do fully agree that Ark Royal is a name more likely to show up in the imperium.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2022, 09:12:49 am »

Also Egan stop just shitposting and join up.

@Stirk: I think we are done to be honest. Though I forgot to ask which sort of Peer talent I should have to signify good rapport with common crew members/ratings. Should it be Workers or something else?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2022, 09:23:00 am »

I haven't given it much thought aside from it cleaving at least a bit close to the Navy due to captain, dynasty and ship, but looser since it isn't an actual Battlefleet vessel and it's the fringes.

It's time to do something I've never done and make friends with the astartes in a RT game then. Peer: Astartes here we (hopefully) go.

Sounds fine. You probably won't see Space Marines for a while though.

Any preference for armsmen/House Guard standard equipment? Do the pilots and HG have a separate culture or are they more or less integrated?

Since it's a full carrier we could get get something from here. Ark Royal, Venerable, and Leviathan are good options. Ark Royal even more so.

As for non-RN names, Crown Prince, Trindade de Fogo (Trinity of Fire), Blazing Archangel, Crown of Thorns,  or bow/long-range siege engine names (Arbalest, Longbow, Trebuchet, Catapult, Onager, Scorpio), were other ideas I had in mind. In case no other idea sweeps in, I think we could default to Ark Royal as a pretty storied and cool-sounding name.

Ark Royal, aka the lolicon from Azure Lane.

Also Egan stop just shitposting and join up.

@Stirk: I think we are done to be honest. Though I forgot to ask which sort of Peer talent I should have to signify good rapport with common crew members/ratings. Should it be Workers or something else?

If you want it to be just your ship "My Crew" would work. I always read Peer as a list of suggestions rather than an exhaustive list of all Peer options. Voidborne would cover the entire current crew but not any replacements you get from planetside. Workers would cover the lower class shipmates but not more prestigious or martial positions.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47