Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34682 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2022, 09:40:57 am »

I have no problem with having the game starting on Monday. Work has been rather exhausting this week so if I make the deadline, I make the deadline. If not then it wasn't supposed to be.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2022, 12:23:03 pm »

I talked to Maximum Spin, and they are out- too many things on their plate at the moment.
I can be RT, if no one else wants to. I already had a character created for that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 12:29:00 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2022, 01:01:57 pm »

I talked to Maximum Spin, and they are out- too many things on their plate at the moment.
I can be RT, if no one else wants to. I already had a character created for that.

He did seem busy. Oh well, he can always join later once things settle down.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2022, 01:18:24 pm »

Yeah, I'll just confirm I did say that. I got sick starting early last week and, while I'm recovering well at this point, I also have no attention span left for more stuff yet. I was stuck trying to work out backstory for my character anyway, at that point, and I haven't made any progress or even thought about it since.

Which reminds me, in case I do finish it up and join, I was wondering, the Imperium clearly has access to genetic engineering technology (because the space marines are engineered), but is there any lore status on the 'designer babies' kind of thing?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2022, 01:40:34 pm »

Yeah, I'll just confirm I did say that. I got sick starting early last week and, while I'm recovering well at this point, I also have no attention span left for more stuff yet. I was stuck trying to work out backstory for my character anyway, at that point, and I haven't made any progress or even thought about it since.

Which reminds me, in case I do finish it up and join, I was wondering, the Imperium clearly has access to genetic engineering technology (because the space marines are engineered), but is there any lore status on the 'designer babies' kind of thing?

Genetic engineering is fairly "common" but for some reason 40k doesn't talk about babies much. It should be accepted as long as it doesn't taint the holy human form. Making your child muscular, beautiful, and intelligent would probably be fine outside of Imperial hardliners. Making catgirls would probably get you shot for heresy. Many cybernetics could have a bionic equivalent that differ just by fluff.

Nobility like RTs could probably get away with a bit more.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2022, 02:22:03 pm »

Clearly a 4-eared catgirl would be halal because you're not actually changing any of the human form, just adding shit on top. Which is clearly allowed because imperials love cybernetics and mechadendrites and such.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2022, 02:33:40 pm »

Isn't there canonically a species of abhuman that are basically catpeople? Why make your own when there's a whole planetful of them ready to adopt recruit?

My character is finalized and I really like the carrier ship, so I'm good to go.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2022, 02:39:03 pm »

Isn't there canonically a species of abhuman that are basically catpeople? Why make your own when there's a whole planetful of them ready to adopt recruit?

Felinids! Though it isn't clear if they are normal catgirls or like khajiit furry kinda thing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2022, 11:11:44 pm »

I intended to write down more than one character based on some existing stat blocks I already have. A RT is the first one I'm finishing up so I could fill in.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2022, 11:17:06 pm »

Felinids! Though it isn't clear if they are normal catgirls or like khajiit furry kinda thing.
This is the first I've heard of such things.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2022, 11:29:42 pm »

This is the first I've heard of such things.

They don't get any actual screen time. They're basically only known because of the catgirl meme. Or the Text-to-speech meme.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2022, 11:48:27 pm »

Yeah, Felinids are a thing. Kinda obscure since I only remember them being mentioned in one codex, but they're part of the official do-not-purge abhumans.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2022, 12:00:25 am »

looks back at my own character sheet
welp!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2022, 12:07:44 am »

They're implied to look either kinda khajit-y or like fluffier humans since it's mentioned they have a thicker layer of body hair and iirc they're the abhumans with the denomination homo hirsutus, which's basically "hairy man'' when translated.

Also finishing my sheet:
Ambitions: The Monarch of Whispers is likely still at large and the Battleship Duchess Iolanthe from the Winterscale Fleet was lost in the Warp during the Year of the Dreaming Depths (397.M41).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 11:31:48 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rouge Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2022, 04:10:34 am »

Spoiler: Ark Royal (click to show/hide)

making a character.

I forgot to tell you, but you could ask Stirk if you'd be allowed to make a Felinid without going Aberration. Oh, and you don't need to specialize in Basic Laser for the arch-militant's special. Just Basic works since the allowed specs are Melee, Thrown, Pistol, Basic, and Heavy.

As for the ship, a) we might benefit from giving it a Melodium since it's +10 to social tests within the ship, from Command to Charm or Commerce if we're trying to butter up someone and b) we should come up with a name. Since it's ex-Navy and a Dictator cruiser I say it should be something pompous like Autocrat, Dominion, Inevitable, Sovereign Warlord, Monarch of Wars, King's Ballista, Tyranny Unbound.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:54:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47