Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34717 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #570 on: September 11, 2023, 11:13:29 pm »

What do you think, Spin? Master Helmsman has a pretty nice bonus but seems it might be the most appropriate choice.

Also where's this mysterious Discord server? :p

We could also make something new like say, Flight Commander if he wanted to go all in on small craft.

I meant niche bonus, not nice bonus. Oh well. And it depends on whether you want to lead strike squads during combat actions. If you do, then small craft specialization is worth it because it's basically our way of causing damage, plus it means better piloting of personal shuttles. Otherwise, big ship spec.

How far away is the nearest Eldar post? It's probably worth it making it back to it to deliver the statues, since even if they're dormant I don't want to risk anything happening.

The only one you personally know about is the one you jumped from.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2023, 10:00:27 pm »

Flight Command is interesting, what would that do?

And sure then, unless someone's against it I think jumping back to the Eldar base to deliver the statues should be safer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2023, 12:20:02 am »

It's the cautious choice, Though there is a serious question of why Mr. Harlequin didn't simply let us send them with him. However, in a perfect world, we can turn over the statues and look into the requirements necessary to recruit some of the Eldar Strike Craft. I mean, even if they're incompatible with our Jovian-pattern bays, they can almost certainly make use of the Lathe-pattern ones.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2023, 12:34:30 pm »

Flight Command is interesting, what would that do?

And sure then, unless someone's against it I think jumping back to the Eldar base to deliver the statues should be safer.

Name and what it does are negotiable, Flight Commander (Master of Attack Craft?) would give something like +5 to Attack Craft rolls, something more specific might give +10 roll more specific rolls. This could be something that gives +10 to Follow My Lead! rolls, or a more mechanically inclined position that gives a bonus to recovering craft after a battle.

It's the cautious choice, Though there is a serious question of why Mr. Harlequin didn't simply let us send them with him. However, in a perfect world, we can turn over the statues and look into the requirements necessary to recruit some of the Eldar Strike Craft. I mean, even if they're incompatible with our Jovian-pattern bays, they can almost certainly make use of the Lathe-pattern ones.

The Jester is still on your ship, or at least has a place on your ship where he is designated to be. You are free to stuff them all in his room if you want.

You can use your Acquisition to try and get Eldar Strike Craft if you want. I'd put them at Extremely Rare.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2023, 02:23:24 pm »

The Jester is still on your ship, or at least has a place on your ship where he is designated to be. You are free to stuff them all in his room if you want.
I unironically love this idea
You can use your Acquisition to try and get Eldar Strike Craft if you want. I'd put them at Extremely Rare.
noted
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 14, 2023, 02:27:31 pm »

Like, I'm not kidding, we might be able to excuse not dropping them off first if we stuff them in the harlequin's room. would save us a lot of travel.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 14, 2023, 02:45:09 pm »

While that idea is fantastic we still probably don't want to drag them around in the warp too much.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 15, 2023, 04:37:44 pm »

My vote is that we at least scout out what random xenotech we might be able to loot. Because Rogue Trader, that's why.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 16, 2023, 09:07:47 pm »

My vote is that we at least scout out what random xenotech we might be able to loot. Because Rogue Trader, that's why.

Like, I'm not kidding, we might be able to excuse not dropping them off first if we stuff them in the harlequin's room. would save us a lot of travel.

You are free to voice your vote in character, if only so someone is posting in the IC :V

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 17, 2023, 08:56:18 pm »

Been having some big troubles with my brand new computer going super-kaput, so I might not have the energy and/or mood to post for a bit.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2023, 07:55:25 am »

I live. Rejoice (I am).
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2023, 03:20:57 pm »

One thing I was wondering is whether we can use OOC spoilers to try and deal with pending stuff while simultaneously progressing things. It's easier in places like Myth-Weavers or Discord where you can respectively have different threads or channels dedicated to side-quests, but it's worth keeping in mind since I'm curious about the blinking. Plus it'd allow for multi-track drifting without slowing down.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 06, 2023, 03:38:50 pm »

One thing I was wondering is whether we can use OOC spoilers to try and deal with pending stuff while simultaneously progressing things. It's easier in places like Myth-Weavers or Discord where you can respectively have different threads or channels dedicated to side-quests, but it's worth keeping in mind since I'm curious about the blinking. Plus it'd allow for multi-track drifting without slowing down.

I wouldn't mind, though following up on the blinking would probably not be trivial enough to do at the same time as a normal mission.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 09, 2023, 10:26:41 pm »

Maybe Egan decided my post was enough?

And I seeeee. It'll depend on how curious the rest of the team is I guess.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2023, 10:42:59 pm »

Lenglon is curious, Indaria is not.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47