Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34745 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2023, 02:52:38 pm »

Just to be clear if you want enough peaches for long-term storage and effect you're going to have to roll an Acquisition roll with the normal modifiers for scale.

Common Rarity on Rook's Crow. Personal use will result in gradual Strength attribute gain, capping out at +10, gained at a rate of about 1 per month. Crew scale will instead result in a minor moral and crew rating increase.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2023, 03:36:44 pm »

I assume craftsmanship has no bearing in this?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 24, 2023, 03:45:52 pm »

I assume craftsmanship has no bearing in this?

That would be represented by the quality of the item, with higher craftsmanship representing something like the wine the governor mentioned. Poor quality would presumably have a lower moral boost for the crew option.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 24, 2023, 04:05:25 pm »

Peach hardtack for poor quality, I assume.

And that's something for me to keep in mind then. Would it be only a temporary boost until stores/supplies lasted?

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 24, 2023, 04:12:41 pm »

Peach hardtack for poor quality, I assume.

And that's something for me to keep in mind then. Would it be only a temporary boost until stores/supplies lasted?

Personal amounts would follow the consumable rules and assume that you have a personal wine cellar/jam cupboard that is enough to last the number of people more or less indefinitely. Ship board amounts would assume that it is being used sparingly with the usual ship fare. In the event that you are separated from the food for a long time (essentially anything where you would be unable to resupply or where the ship has run out of food entirely) the bonus would go down by 1 per month of deprivation. As with other supplies you would be assumed to get more when resupplying.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2023, 11:06:29 am »

What's the Crew Rating bonus for the peachy stuff by the way?

And did the World Spirit or the Harlequin mention how to "liberate" the light beneath the fortress? I read back to try and make sense of stuff I might've forgotten and I'm currently assuming there might be another world spirit statue there and the Governor is bullshitting me, but y'know.

I meant for that to be a cue for Egan and/or Lenglon to talk to Spin, but I can also send a message just in case, to keep things moving as they risk slowing down once more.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2023, 03:17:39 pm »

What's the Crew Rating bonus for the peachy stuff by the way?

And did the World Spirit or the Harlequin mention how to "liberate" the light beneath the fortress? I read back to try and make sense of stuff I might've forgotten and I'm currently assuming there might be another world spirit statue there and the Governor is bullshitting me, but y'know.

I meant for that to be a cue for Egan and/or Lenglon to talk to Spin, but I can also send a message just in case, to keep things moving as they risk slowing down once more.

+5, gong up by one for every two months, based on the Crew Improvement upgrade. I dunno if you can actually afford that many peaches though.

As with the location, your Eldar Liaison gave you the method for extraction:

When my people where driven off the world we left many of the artifacts behind. They are now buried deep within the surface of the world. It will take several months worth of extraction using heavy equipment to recover them. The locals are likely to be friendly and supportive so long as they believe you are humans working for a human cause. Especially to a military man such as yourself. Violence is unlikely unless you really manage to incite their rage. Still potential for failure exists. Unfortunately in return for this safety the payout is lower than the other two leads"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2023, 03:46:41 pm »

Yeah, I read that bit and even reread it recently. I thought it was all well and swell when I thought everything was outside of the fortress, but with the main artifact apparently resting inside/under the fortress are we supposed to tunnel under it or something? Or can that one be left alone?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 25, 2023, 03:49:44 pm »

Yeah, I read that bit and even reread it recently. I thought it was all well and swell when I thought everything was outside of the fortress, but with the main artifact apparently resting inside/under the fortress are we supposed to tunnel under it or something? Or can that one be left alone?

Gotta tunnel under it. You can leave the others alone if you don't want the fancy crystal, but if you wanna complete the mission you need the thing under the fortress.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2023, 03:58:51 pm »

Ah yeah that makes sense. I assumed too much about the fortress' underground defenses.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 27, 2023, 10:49:02 am »

+5, gong up by one for every two months, based on the Crew Improvement upgrade. I dunno if you can actually afford that many peaches though.

If only the Best Craftsmanship version of the peach stores grants Crew Rating improvements then yeah, it's impossible to acquire that many with our current PF.
Code: [Select]
Crew Improvements:
+10 Average +0 Scale (doesn't apply to ship components) -30 BC = -20 test

Peaches:
+20 Common -30 Scale (Vast) -30 BC = -40 test

Depending on the numbers I might finally decide on my acquisition test, since I was keeping it in my back pocket so far.

On a different matter, how should we deal with the mining, with a timeskip? And the delivery of Trig's sample to the tech-priestess?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 27, 2023, 02:21:31 pm »

Depends on if any of you have anything you want to do during the two months

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 30, 2023, 10:13:49 am »

I think we're good on local adventures, though Marco will stick to trying to learn some Tactica Imperialis.

And what's our current PF so I can crack the numbers?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 30, 2023, 10:26:59 am »

I think we're good on local adventures, though Marco will stick to trying to learn some Tactica Imperialis.

And what's our current PF so I can crack the numbers?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 02, 2023, 09:13:45 pm »

Stat bonuses for the whole PC group is a neat idea so if my calculations are correct getting a supply for the command squad should be as much as getting a Digesta Emporia Calixia. If that's correct, then I'll try to get said supply. Though if getting the Crew Rating bonus doesn't require a Best quality supply of peaches I'd like to try that instead, since then the test would be at -10 instead of -40. In either case, I'd like to haggle with Commerce (Eos star amulet bonus applies) and apply a FP to give +10 to the acquisition test (and a FP to re-roll if it fails).

Also any chance we can just up and try to raise our own magical orchard since we're stealing whatever it is that grants their peaches these properties or did the properties end up imbued there from the Worldsoul's continued presence? I mean, Marco will try the peach-farming anyway, I just want to know whether it'll work.

Also: to make things easier if there isn't a more immediately interest third option and we're left with the two we didn't pick last time, I think we should go with the station but go about it the best way: no diplomacy with heretics, we'll see if some light subterfuge and violence does the trick, namely by doing some raids on the sorcerer's enemies to make them think we're either an agent of the sorcerer's or were led by him into attacking them, so they take it out on the bugger. Going for the less-brainy option that allows combat, basically.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47