Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34784 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2022, 10:24:53 pm »

Real quick, what kinda chairs are in this confrence room? Are they ornate full-backed things, rolly chairs, barstools?

I imagine this takes place in the bridge. In which case the chairs would likely be office style swivels, but bolted to the ground like a bar stool. Subject to RT taste.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2022, 10:36:47 pm »

Yep, that's about correct.

Marco is on the vessel's command throne and while the bridge's seats don't look fancy they're comfortable enough and have neck and head support since you're expected to spend hours on them. Whether they were originally comfortable or they're so ancient that generations of butts have made them softer is up to debate. The chairs are also bolted to the floor and designed to hold the body well, so as to avoid too much tossing in case of turbulence or if the ship takes a hit, though I assume at least some seats might move around on predetermined floor rails in case higher officers need to check on different stations.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2022, 10:41:26 pm »

Cool, wanted to verify part of the reason Indaria is standing instead of sitting. thank you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2022, 12:22:43 am »

Whew, I was worried whether those were time-sensitive. I guess we can take the easier one to start with then. Build our forces, prepare for the harder ones.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2022, 04:27:31 am »

Whew, I was worried whether those were time-sensitive. I guess we can take the easier one to start with then. Build our forces, prepare for the harder ones.
I feel like this is a discussion for us to have in-character, but I agree.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2022, 07:04:20 am »

It's good to mention those things OOC as not everyone feels like their character would vote IC but their opinion should still hold weight anyway.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2022, 04:29:39 pm »

It's kinda wild to be playing in a campaign after the Great Rift has opened. The consequences of the current timeline keep slipping my mind.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2022, 06:19:11 pm »

I'm afraid I'm not entirely up on "current" lore. I know Rowboat's back in action, that he's working with the Eldar, that CADIA BROKE BEFORE THE GUARD DID, but other than that can anyone toss me a quick synopsis of what else is going on?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2022, 06:33:46 pm »

???

I'm very much out of touch with current lore, my last info is from the tabletop codexes of 3rd tabletop edition, the tau were some weird previously unknown stuff, the biggest chaos thing was the Eye of Terror, and so on.

However, at the time I played Eldar, and as a result I'm 98% certain I know what the harlequin wants those spirit stones for.

Oh, and there's a serious argument that the Chaos Marines were actually the good guys.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2022, 10:40:14 pm »

A quick summary is that with Cadia literally destroyed the Eye of Terror was torn open into the Great Rift/Cicatrix Maledictum that basically cut off half of the Imperium from the Astronomican and Chaos followed (both meanings). Roboute was resurrected from his stasis-coma, a faction of Elfdar helped do it and are trying to give birth to and grow a God of Death using the soulstones of their deceased brethren as they believe the new deity will punch Slaanesh in its many genitals.

The other figure responsible for bringing Roboute back was Belisarius Cawl, a super old fogey Mechanicus who's been around since the Great Crusade era and helped create Marines But Better (the Primaris Marines), plus he's introduced a lot of new tech.

Also I feel slightly sympathetic for Guilliman. After seeing the sorta fanatical, super-stratified, bizarre thing the Imperium became he's been recorded as asking why the hell he'd been brought back and saying it'd have been better had Horus won so the Imperium wouldn't have survived as a decayed shadow of its former self. He did have A Talk with the Emperor and decided to get stuff done and keep the Imperium's rotting carcass limping nonetheless, starting off by going on a huge crusade to defend many, many worlds from the plentiful and constant attacks by chaos as well as spread the word that the Imperium hasn't fallen yet and he's back in town. This link can help with more info.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2022, 02:57:00 am »

I *might* finally stop hating the imperium if he succeeds. the grimdark and fanaticism and hate for the sake of grimdark and fanaticism and hate gets really old really fast.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2022, 12:14:51 pm »

So we get to have a Death Jester on our ship. Oh that couldn't POSSIBLY end badly at all! :P

although I don't think they're actually a Death Jester, I think they're a Troupe Master, and to have played all roles.

hey cael, do Death Jesters still have multiattack missile launchers for their weapon?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:16:47 pm by Lenglon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2022, 12:41:46 pm »

We never figured out what your assault ship distribution was did we?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2022, 12:56:12 pm »

we did not.

I would like at least one squadron of every kind, and I think we should go heavy on bombers.
Also, the NUMBER of strike craft we have is up to the GM, so if you want us to have a stronger or weaker starting ship you can adjust the number of strike craft squadrons we have. By default we would have 8 squadrons, our maximum number is 24 squadrons, our minimum is 0 squadrons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2022, 01:32:34 pm »

With limited assault craft I think we should stick with fighters and bombers only at the moment. Fighters because they're useful both at screening and protecting the ship, bombers as our main attack punch. Both of these are also pretty deadly in ground wars.

Assault boats can be good for boarding but imo we'd have to pick between them or the bombers as an attack choice and due to the extra rolls we'd be better off acquiring a Teleportarium, or at least finding someone who'd be good at leading the Hit-and-Run themselves. Aeronautica are more limited as well, so while deploying droves of angry ground-attack aircraft from orbit would be cool we should focus on void combat atm.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47