Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 10: IC Thread!  (Read 9240 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 10: IC Thread!
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2022, 03:57:34 am »

"Do you really think we'll find answers by just reviewing it again?" Seeing Gunther again, seeing him safe, Lijsbeth found herself slipping into old bad habits, her tone of voice almost argumentative until she realized her heart wasn't in it. What it wanted wasn't a fight, not right now, not after what had happened.

"The four of us left the manor to destroy a group of bandits who had attacked Sisters on the road and who were set up at an old ruined fort nearby. We intended to only be gone for a few hours at most. I don't believe it was a secret what we were doing or that we left, the princess knew as much."

"We put them down without great difficulty and retrieved what they had stolen, supplies and the Sisters' pendants being most of it. When we returned to the manor, we found the princess's body hanging from the walls near the gate." Her lips flattened into a thin line. "Stefan can give you the smallest of details about what he saw inside, but I'm told everyone was killed, the servants and some of the guards. The rest of our guards and the princess's guards... they went missing."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2022, 10:43:41 am »

"...that's about it, yes."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2022, 02:13:07 pm »

"So, that's truly how it went..." Gunther steepled his fingers for a moment, thinking in silence, then straightened up.

"Guards!" A pair of armed men quickly stepped inside the room.

"Get Sir Beaumont in here. Also, check if Lodewik has finished copying the letter. And have him bring the original, too!"

"Sir." The two guards left and Gunther let out a sigh.

"Stefan, I know its a little morbid, but... how many dead guards did you see? At least, give me a round number, or an estimation of sorts..."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2022, 02:31:06 pm »

"Maybe two dozen, or a little more. None of the Gallians. I... I think they killed most everyone else."

He gulps, draws himself up.

"I know there were more men than that when we left the mansion."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:44:37 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2022, 03:38:10 pm »

"That still leaves about fifteen unaccounted for..." Gunther rubbed his forehead.

"And my father recently hired a dozen of Herzgottian mercenaries because they were cheap. Funny they showed up when he most needed them, don't you agree?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2022, 05:21:02 pm »

"A plot to kill Princess Marie? But why? There's nothing to gain from her death. Not really."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2022, 11:03:57 am »

"Nothing to gain for Tatalians or Gallians, I agree, but that still leaves Herzgottians and the Nords. My parents said once she was popular within Gallian people and in good graces with rest of her family. I don't think we will be walking away from this without repercussions, maybe even war... even if her death is a vile plot like this."
SigFlags!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2022, 09:16:05 am »

"Yeah, the Herzgottians would make sense. But I still don't get why Her Highness's guards would betray her like that."

"...or why they killed everyone."
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2022, 03:38:06 pm »

"Gallia is a large, feudal country. States larger than the crownlands. Nobles more powerful than governors, governors more powerful than princes. Who is to say that one of them isn't scheming to cause a war from which only they will emerge profitable, or victorious? As foolish of a thought as that is."

The door opened once again and a pair of men stepped inside. One with purple, one with orange hair, both looking refined. The former was clutching upon a scroll.

"Lodewik, Sir Beaumont. My sister, Cecilia, and her bodyguards, Lijsbeth, Stefan, Levi." Gunther introduced the group, and the purple-haired man nodded.

"Greetings and salutations in this hard time."

"Lodewik, have you transcribed the letter from Gallian into Kostspraak?"

"Monsieur Beaumont here was of great help, and so I can tell you exactly what the contents are within."

"Right... when you are ready?" Lodewik cleared his throat, then rolled open the scroll in his hands.

"Well, here goes. To Gunther, current Lord of Wachttoren. You vile, dishonorable dog, who pays no attention to those under his care. You have let my dear relative, Marie, a pure flower of virtue and happiness, perish at hands of brigands. Hear that our Emperor and my uncle have been upon this moment informed of this treachery, this disgusting plot by Tatalians, to rob our family of one of the roses upon its crown. I therefore accuse you, and your sister Cecilia, of personally causing the death of Marie--"

"THAT IS NOT TRUE!!" Cecilia yelled suddenly. "I was, we were, we were hunting down bandits, but I left the manor, there were, there were guards, and..."

"Cecilia, I know you're innocent. Please, calm down. Lodewik, please continue." There was a moment of awkward silence whilst Lodewik waited for Cecilia to slump down in her seat again.

"Of personally causing the death of Marie, a direct attack against Gallian Empire and its Royal Family, an act punishable by nothing less than extermination of you and your relatives, so help us the righteous Light in Heavens. And know this, that if any Tatalian noble or the Royal Family of your land itself dare raise an arm or writ in your defense, they shall be held accountable as well."

"And no signature."

"Oui, the bottom of the letter was left blank." Gunther shook his head.

"Sir Beaumont, remind me... you have said you've intercepted the men carrying this letter... a week ago? This time, I must have you swear upon the Sisters that this be truth."

//Nuallan Beaumont is now active!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 03:40:34 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2022, 02:28:01 pm »

"Oui, and lest we happen to be dealing with oracles there is much amiss."
"Nuallán Beaumont. It is a pleasure to meet you all." he added, raising his wine glass in greeting.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2022, 05:44:45 pm »

."Stephan Daalmans. I wish we were meeting under better circumstances."

."It was you that found this letter?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2022, 12:45:46 pm »

"Much amiss, no, I do not think so. A letter berating me, arriving within Tatalian border, what, days before the deed described in it happens? Pray tell how long it takes to carry a letter from central Gallia to our borders. Two weeks?" Gunther slumped in his chair and folded his arms.

"And if you think about it, we're a very good house to blame. At the border, with little relatives or friends to ally if worst comes. Look at it this way, we deny involvement, Gallians invade. We don't deny involvement, my family gets wiped out... and then Gallians invade, out of anger for killing someone so young and innocent."

"You must inform the King of this. Involve the court in this matter."

"I'm not sure..."

"Gunther! Whoever it has in it to damage relations between Gallia and Tatalia, can't be just a peddler of evil deeds. They must be powerful, or influential, or both, with a terrible agenda. Therefore, they must be a royal or a council of some standing, far beyond the level of your family - no offense - and in any case, the King himself is the highest Judge in Tatalia. He wields the power of the States and the Nobles, and their armies are at his command, if the worst comes to pass. If there's a way out of this mess, its in Westkust."

"I see." Gunther closed his eyes, mulling over the idea for now.
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2022, 03:51:41 pm »

"I agree this is no time to stay still. We must involve higher powers and tell them of this conspiracy before the conspiracy reaches them first. It's much harder to correct a falsehood than it is to arrive first with the truth."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2022, 07:53:08 pm »

To Nuallan, Levi had nodded in greeting.
"Levi van de Aardemar. Nice to meet you - well, as nice as the circumstances allow."

"He's right, too. If this is all as preplanned as it seems, we'll have to be quick."

Not that it'll be enough, he thought, but didn't say.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2022, 01:30:14 am »

"Lijsbeth de Lange," she said all but perfunctorily to the Gallian newcomer. Gunther had mostly introduced them all already, and the situation was still as it was.

"Gunther, can the King hand over the Wachttorens in the first place, even if it means war? It would mean none of the houses is safe against an accusation from Gallia or a stronger power, especially the border houses like us who are the first line of protection."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11