Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 22783 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2022, 01:10:40 am »

Quote from: Cy-Borg Bob
Rat friend, sorry, Chatters I am not trying to murder her, I am injecting her with my nanobots which give elevated healing. If you can help stabilize her then that is fine.

Chatters stares back and forth at the screaming human and the robot for a couple of seconds "Right... right! 'Save healing' the man thing that is clear obvious what metal thing is doing I will totally help assist  'saving' the man thing yes yes!" Chatters winks

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2022, 08:00:16 pm »

No action

Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2022, 09:41:01 am »

(I don't believe there's anything I can do about botched cyborg-healing.  Unless..)

Give my Action Point to Alice to Not-Die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2022, 12:52:34 pm »

Inb4 this turns into a too many cooks situation

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2022, 01:15:14 am »

"Hey guys I found a map and our location on it, also holy shit this place is an awful shit hole there's radiation and shit allover the place."
Keep looking at the map and see if I can find any vehicles in the area around our base.
(2) Trash, trash, trash .... bog .... crater? ... you find some weird temple looking thing .... up on top of the cliff to the north. maybe mark that as a point of interest.

Look over Debby’s shoulder at the map they’re looking at, just out of boredom from waiting for daytime
(6) You see what she sees. Then you notice something weird. You have her scroll back andzoom in. You find one of those huge-ass earth movers that's like, a whole buildiing designed to basically make craters in the ground to strip out resources. maybe mark the Giant Excavator Of Doom as a Point of Interest.

Chatters starts loudly monologuing "Gahh how dare provoke memory recollection of past trauma injuries! I hate hate metal thing! Must get revenge retaliation! Grrr... thought idea! Clearly it want man thing dead in torture agony! I shall trick deceive it into thinking I will help it murder torture man thing and when its back is rotate turned I shall tip push it over and treat the man things wound injuries! Another genius smart plan from Chatters yes yes!"

Chatters reluctantly steps out of the shadows "Psst hey metal thing! I grrrr see you trying to murder maim man thing! Mind if I help help? Chatters is very good at maim murder!"

If the metal thing declines or somehow comes onto my plan just make loud annoying noises at it from the shadows if they accept get them to turn around push them over then start treating the man things wounds... maybe steal some of the smelly man things stuff as well... for safekeeping of course! Afterall with my genius I can make more use of it then the man thing ever could!

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
Use my magic to save Alice, or at least stabilize her condition.

Enhance my focus to have multiple uses and be just generally better

Rat friend, sorry, Chatters I am not trying to murder her, I am injecting her with my nanobots which give elevated healing. If you can help stabilize her then that is fine.

Reattached the nanotube injection arm correctly and then inject Alice with my nanobots.

Quote from: Cy-Bog Bob quite mumbling
I thought the way these things are designed it should have been impossible to put it backward.

Spoiler: Cy-Borg Bob (click to show/hide)
(6) (1) (6) Cyborg Bob is Clearly trying to kill Alice (seriously, that was the fifth 1 for you and Egan in a row), so Chatters and Mr. Zorak double team him. Chatters knocks Bob down and steals his injector, which Mr. Zorak then magically attaches to chatters forearm. Chatters tehn gently pokes Alice in the shoulder with the neelde end: well, as gently as a Skav .... large Rattus Sapiense might be expected to do. She screams, of course, and passes out. A moment later, you see her shoulder writhe and hear the sound of bones grinding, then a different sound. Her shoulder actually glows a deep, blood-red for a moment. It no longer looks broken. That's a relief. And her whiskers look pretty good too, against her auburn fur.

No action

Noted.

(I don't believe there's anything I can do about botched cyborg-healing.  Unless..)

Give my Action Point to Alice to Not-Die.

Not needed. Besides, Egan didn't respond, so keep the action point. she has her own anyway, I think.

After the screams die down, the rest of the night passes uneventfully, and people are somehow able to sleep. Chatters and Cyborg Bob discover that the main room on the lower floor is dedicated to several large stills, and barrels of alcohol. Rum, maybe.  At one end of the room is a self contained recycling pool for water - long disused and badly damaged. there's a pool of murky water in it, so Alice' water purifier has something to work with at least. You might be able to scavenge the parts to get the larger recycler fucntional again, if you so choose.

The morning is quiet, but not unnaturally so. Some of the Kits run off (but not far. just "in base" as it were) to chase rodents and insects - the normal kind that appear on most habitable worlds.
The sky is a beautiful radiant green, full of roiling clouds and arcing lightning that gives off distant, crackling thunder. underneath the cloud cover, the air is surprisingly clear. You notice a strange, moving dust cloud eastward, further into the trash mountains, and flocks of carrion birds to teh west, out by the swamps and forest. Speaking of birds, this planet seems to breed them in abundance, as, shortly after sunrise, the roiling sky is obscured by the wings of thosands upon thousands of some small, grey bird. the flock takes half an hour to pass, during which everyone kinda huddles inside, not so much because the birds might attack, but because that many cloacas flying directly overhead can leave an area rather unhygenic rather quickly.

poop. I am talking about bird poop. You guys stay inside to avoid a million birds all pooping on your heads. Once the flock is past, you look outside, and, sure enough, the area is just coated in it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2022, 03:48:47 am »

"Nasty ass birds shitting everywhere."
Mark the temple as a point of interest, then try to figure out how to get to the giant excavator from where we are.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2022, 08:05:22 am »

Chatters looks at the stabby needle thingy on his arm in fascination "Ohhh very nice nice! Think how many man things I can maim stab with this!" Chatters focuses back on the barrels "Anyway I shall... taste sample these barrels which are mine! For... death poison! Leave Chatters to it yes yes?"

Sample the beer and if it doesn't kill me drink the hell out of it also continue to keep things away from me especially that robot that may want its stabby needle thing back

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2022, 09:59:40 am »

Chatters give me back my nanotube injection arm attachment.

If Chatters doesn't give me back my nanotube injection arm attachment take it back by force.

How is it possible for a rat-folk to inject a person and heal them. I must study their blood.

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2022, 10:39:04 am »

I climb down to poke and inspect Alice. Did she get turned into a a big ratperson too?

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2022, 12:37:52 pm »

Help Debby plan a route to the excavator and then challenge them to a race to it

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2022, 02:18:26 pm »

"Gahh no no! Chatters got stabby needle thingy honorable fair! Besides stabby needle thingy is stuck to Chatters hand arm! Removing it would probably kill murder me! So leave Chatters alone metal thing and let me enjoy the stabby needle thingy!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2022, 12:06:20 pm »

Chemistry, maybe.  Chemistry might get me off this rock.  Stills.. Poop.. it's all good.

Gather some food, because I don't want to eat any more wheels.  Two can make a good vehicle.  One is much more dubious.  Use my action point on it.  Look for things like tangles of bent scrap, small wooden bits, containers with holes in them, etc.  Stuff that's not going to be useful without a lot of work, but still things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2022, 06:50:17 am »

"Nasty ass birds shitting everywhere."
Mark the temple as a point of interest, then try to figure out how to get to the giant excavator from where we are.
Help Debby plan a route to the excavator and then challenge them to a race to it

Rolling at advantage for route making since you are cooperating: (6)(4)You discuss several options and plot one route that goes essentially straight up over one of the more impressive trash heaps and would get you to the excavator in one full day of marching, or a more reasonable, less likely to involve trashalances, route along a more well established path. Looks like a route the rash handlers take to get deep into the piles when they need to .... whatever they might need to do in a planetary trash heap. Anyway, the second, more reasonable route willtake effectively a day and a half of travel, meaning you'd have to camp along the way, but at least you'd be able to arrive in time to do some scouting before nightfall the second day.

Chatters looks at the stabby needle thingy on his arm in fascination "Ohhh very nice nice! Think how many man things I can maim stab with this!" Chatters focuses back on the barrels "Anyway I shall... taste sample these barrels which are mine! For... death poison! Leave Chatters to it yes yes?"

Sample the beer and if it doesn't kill me drink the hell out of it also continue to keep things away from me especially that robot that may want its stabby needle thing back

(5) beer's good yo. You get quite drunk. That's not really a state conducive to avoiding trouble though. See Bob's action for more info.

If Chatters doesn't give me back my nanotube injection arm attachment take it back by force.

How is it possible for a rat-folk to inject a person and heal them. I must study their blood.

Chatters spends his time in equal measure waving his needle arm violently in your direction, and drinking out of one of the kegs. During this tense stand-off, you discover that the needle arm is ... not even grafted on, but has become a part of chatters. it even has tufts of fur growing through it. You are pretty sure that in it's current state, the needle arm would do you little good, as it has become less robotic and more rattotic. You can still attempt to take it by force, but this will involve violently removing an arm, which I am happy to roll for next round if you like. You'll have an advantage, in that Chatters has been thoroughly enjoying the beer.

Alternatively, you can begin processing supplies for a replacement. Effectively, you'll need some techno bits to 'eat' so your nanites can break them down and rebuild them into something useful.

I climb down to poke and inspect Alice. Did she get turned into a a big ratperson too?

She's still mostly human, but definitely furry and whiskered. Seems the trauma has given her a touch of space dementia as well.

Chemistry, maybe.  Chemistry might get me off this rock.  Stills.. Poop.. it's all good.

Gather some food, because I don't want to eat any more wheels.  Two can make a good vehicle.  One is much more dubious.  Use my action point on it.  Look for things like tangles of bent scrap, small wooden bits, containers with holes in them, etc.  Stuff that's not going to be useful without a lot of work, but still things.

(1)(5) You spend the morning floating random bits into a pile near the base. Since you gain energy by increasing entropy, you do concentrate on more information dense materials: damaged electronics, anything printed, like books, magazines, flyers, t-shirts, and complex mechanisms like watches. OF course, organics are also pretty information dense, so real wood stuff, fur coats, and things of that nature go in the pile. Overall, you have several uses of the pile for consumption, and there are a few potentially usable things in there. All in all, a productive morning.

Team update:
While the poltergeist is building a pile of almost useful debris, everyone else is more or less in survivable and stable condition.

You've also acquired a mini-quest: explore the earth digger! it'll take two days to travel to, unless you take a risky route, so if you choose to go, start planning the trip.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2022, 05:26:51 am »

"I feel like we should get some weapons before we go trying to get to the excavator."
Search the piles near the base for a weapon or anything that could be used as a weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2022, 08:05:16 pm »

”Hmph. Fine. Be nice if there was something in the trash I could make a cannon with…”
Help the deer person look in the trash for weapons or something that could be made into a cannon
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18