Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 22898 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2022, 12:30:55 am »

I shoudl have mentioned at the end of last turn, but the imp has made an insanity ball out of a conglomerate of doll heads and other discarded and abused child's toys (the toys were abused, not the child). That insanity ball is getting on everyone's nerves right now.

"This is... emotionally tiring... Ok. Hello Kit, may I pet a kitten?"

Help Kit7.

Improve happiness by having a rest and petting a cat if allowed. Adorable little toxoplasmosis carriers.
While petting cat, ponder if I should add any new quests. Maybe fixing up a corner of the shack as a medical area? Could be helpful to be able to treat things with advantage or something.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
(3)(6) You get the trap off but get a bit clawed in the process. You also now have a very clingy cat stuck to you for a bit. At first it's pretty stressful, what with the yowling and squirming, but once things settle down you kinda zone out for a bit. Like, you sorta shut the world out and just focus on the fluff and the rumble of the purr. WHat was that about doing something? Never mind. Never mind. Whiskers. =.=

"This is... emotionally tiring... Ok. Hello Kit, may I pet a kitten?"

Improve happiness by having a rest and petting a cat if allowed. Adorable little toxoplasmosis carriers.
I start to respond to this but all of me visibly startle and jump simultaneously as I <7> accidently step into the mousetrap.
Code: (7) [Select]
!!Bad trap!!! I hurry over to Alice and show her my <7> trapped paw. I do also allow petting afterwards and will want comfort and all but I want this trap off!
I <4> also spend some time playing with the plasma ball, it's fun and different, it also gives me something to focus on and play with to distract me from the trap on my foot.
The rest of me continue exploring our shelter, learning where all the tiny nooks and crannies and shortcuts and hiding spaces are.

Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
(2)(1)(4) no healings this round. Alice gets the trap off #7, who is now stress-purring and clingy. (1) THe plasma orb ... goes out. It just completely goes black and stationary. You give it a few swipes, but it doesn't budge. It completely fails to distract yous from the mousetrap, so everykit is a tad anxious and skittish. (4) You find some insects under the couch. Theey skitter away from you along a metal wall until they disappear into a crack in the floor. You paw at the crack. The edge peels up a bit and flakes away, leaving a hole slightly larger than a paw. A musky scent and a whiff of something chemically tingles at the edge of your sinuses for the briefest of moments.

(Did I mange to get the parachute before I got to the shelter in the last turn?)

"Thank you for fixing my hand Alice!, if anyone needs me I'm gonna be looking around for anything nearby that could make this place less of a cave in a pile of garbage and more of a nice place to live.
Search the trash pile around the shelter for anything that could make our lives here easier or better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ya, you and Alice got the parachute before arriving at the shelter. (2) you wander the immediate area of the shelter for a bit, but find nothing of much interest. Or maybe you just aren't seeing the usefulness of what's around you. Those old cardboard boxes ... no, they've been rained on to the point that they are more dust than box. Even a cat would find little of interest there. A deflated basketball? it's got a bigass hole tear in it, so not much use for bouncing.

Huh. Can’t say I expected that, eh. Well… I don’t want it soooo, HEY, MAGIC FOX HIVEMIND, TAKE A SENTIENT BALL OF PLASTIC! FETCH!

I toss the magic tortured ball to one of the Kits.

Alright, now it’s time to get set up.

I bring out my magical glowing crystal and turn it into a servant golem to do all the chores I’m too lazy to do. Sit back and relax as I play Rock Paper Scissors with a conjured up illusion of another person.

(1) You toss the insanity ball. It falls back to you. You try to grab it. It remains just out of reach. it falls endlessly around you like some spiteful, depressing moon. (4) you avoid a mental breakdown for now. Buuuut, this is going to impact your magic, and your patience. (3) you create a golem, out of your crystal orb, but it can only do one chore. And playing with the insanity ball doesn't count.

Investigate the area.

Quote from: Cy-Borg Bob
Greetings, turtle why are you shaking the chair?

Spoiler: Cy-Borg Bob (click to show/hide)
(3) aside from the previously described stuff, you find a path through the nearby trash. It looks like the garbage around the path has been stacked to clear the path. Most of the stacks are pretty solid and have weathered time fairly well, as far as stacks of trash go, anyway. You didn't have time to investigate the path this round, and night is falling.

Now my entrance has been guarded begin creating my under dwelling by claw digging through the floor surface! Or try to atleast.

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
(5) you bend the metal floor up and away from one of the walls and find a whole room beneath your room. It's too dark down there to see what's in it. [hidden] you don't hear or smell anything scary.

Attempt to use the bandages Veron found as a compression-aid to alleviate the head fracture pain

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)
I'm no doctor, but I don't think you alleviate fractures with compression. (1) well, YOU certainly don't. You pass out in an attempt to bandage yourself. by the way, since you are a humanoid fungus, do you even have bones? Or did you break some kind of cartilage or fungal fiber husk or something?

Oh yeah, now that you are unconscious, I need to start rolling against the insanity ball: (2) you t3witch and moan in your unconsciousness, haunted, hunted, hated. Nowhere to turn, no escape. no escape ....

Bring the chair with me to the trash heap and look for anything of possible use
"Anything of Possible use" is a pretty big term. Even toxic waste is of possible use. So, in that regard you find a literal mountain of possible use. A whole planet. It's being used as a dumping ground for .... whatever this lot is, anyway. (6) you do find a big metal stick. You find it by leaning against a pile of junk, and the big metal stick falls on your head. You look up to see some other things falling your way too: (6) you manage to doge, but end up with your ass in a barrel for your efforts. You are now a comically oversized turtlelike lizard, with his ass in a 55 110 gallon drum.

Scavenge around by jumping from the chair to various other objects.  Start by looking for hand tools in particular.

(3) you find a cinder block, the metal pole that clonked Bowser, and a surprisingly fresh two by four.

Night is falling.
(3) that thunder is still out there, accompanied by the occasional more solid thunk of something hitting something else.
There is an insanity orb in the base. One mushroom is unconscious and suffering a fit of some kind, again (sorry Lidku, bad luck).
Some explorers among the crew have found trash!
No one has found a medbay yet. Not even the old skull of a surgeon or anything.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2022, 02:17:39 am »

"What the hell is this weird ball thing and who let it into our fort?"
Use the parachute to capture the weird ball thing, then see if I can't drag it outside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2022, 06:49:23 am »

"Hmm wait for see eyes to adjust change yes yes!"

Wait in the darkness for my eyes to adjust enough that I can see things I am a giant rat who generally lives underground anyway after all im sure this wont go poorly!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 08:47:46 am by Fluffe9911 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2022, 07:49:30 am »

Two of me gather at the weird hole and inspect and widen it, trying to see where it goes.
the one of me that had the mousetrap on his paw stays with Alice
the one of me that was playing with the plasmaball is searching for why it cut out, and how it was powered in the first place. Is there working power here?
the remaining four of me spread out and explore the four outer shelters.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2022, 11:10:32 am »

Get myself out of the drum and bring it, the metal stick, and the chair back inside

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2022, 04:59:36 pm »

Check whether my ration pack is a pack of rations or more like a kit of food preparation stuff.
Regardless, attempt to make enough dinner for all of our organics by looking for edibles and/or food preparation tools. The turtle is big, but the kittens are tiny so it probably evens out, right?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2022, 08:09:38 pm »

Investigate the trash and see what(if anything) I can find.

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2022, 09:41:38 pm »

Help investigate the trash.  Pick stuff up, consume worthless junk, sort through piles of trash.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2022, 07:34:16 am »

Okay. This might’ve been a bad idea. Sorry.

Realizing that he has been repressing his natural imp instincts for a while, he decides to let loose a little bit and prank Alice by turning her flare gun into a flare gone. Do it sneakily so I don’t get yelled at.

Use powers to make one container incredibly luxurious and set it as his home.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2022, 10:39:20 pm »

"What the hell is this weird ball thing and who let it into our fort?"
Use the parachute to capture the weird ball thing, then see if I can't drag it outside.
(5) You wrap up the insanity toy and haul it outside. It still floats toward the containers, no matter what you do, so you take the parachute a considerable distance away and weigh it down with some bricks. It seems sturdy enough for now. You hurry back inside as the first stars begin lighting up the sky, then falling out of it. You get one action token for resolving the insanity issue.

"Hmm wait for see eyes to adjust change yes yes!"

Wait in the darkness for my eyes to adjust enough that I can see things I am a giant rat who generally lives underground anyway after all im sure this wont go poorly!

(2) I mean, there's darkness, and there's darkness, ya dig? You climb down the hole, knock something over, and fall off of something with a big ol' clatter. Now you are down below, surrounded by whatever you just knocked over, and in the dark. Wait, is that a vague outline you see? No. That's more darkness.

Two of me gather at the weird hole and inspect and widen it, trying to see where it goes.
the one of me that had the mousetrap on his paw stays with Alice
the one of me that was playing with the plasmaball is searching for why it cut out, and how it was powered in the first place. Is there working power here?
the remaining four of me spread out and explore the four outer shelters.

Hearing rolls (4, 5, 2) so Kit_4 regains her hearing.
(3) the two of you take turns pawing at the weird hole. You widen it almost enough to poke a kitten sized head through, but not quite. There's definitely a dusty, woody smell and a tingly, chemically smell down there. It's not unpleasant.
(1)The plasma ball suddenly turns on, stupidly bright, and startles the Kit that is examining it. This is how she realizes her hearing is back to full, as the crackle and hum it emits sends hard shivers down her spine, raising all the hairs on her body straight out. She skitters out of the room like her tail is on fire (it's not, that's a figure of speech). (3) she ends up outside the shelter, under half a tractor tire.
(1) What with the events regarding the insanity ball, the mousetrap, and the plasma ball, most of hte Kits send up some distressed yowling, and congregate in the middle of the big room where everyone else is (more or less), generally getting underfoot.

Get myself out of the drum and bring it, the metal stick, and the chair back inside
(2) you fail to shake the drum off your dinobutt. (2) similarly, you fail to get upright to get back inside. This will have consequences. See the bottom of the turn for what happens outside the shelter this night.

Check whether my ration pack is a pack of rations or more like a kit of food preparation stuff.
Regardless, attempt to make enough dinner for all of our organics by looking for edibles and/or food preparation tools. The turtle is big, but the kittens are tiny so it probably evens out, right?

(5) turns out the rations come packed inside an autocooker, which is basically like a pie tin that self heats on the inside, with a few drops of an oily liquid that comes in the pack. There's a small hole to drip the oil into to activate the autocooker. You make enough food for everyone who eats, though a couple of the group are missing. You consider making some food for the insanity ball, but everyone kinda objects to the idea, so you pass, this time. It probably eats sadness or something anyway, so it'll probably be able to fend for itself. That's it for the food in the ration pack, but you have the autocooker with enough oil for quite some time, and a water filter system that can process enough water for everyone once a day, assuming the water is relatively clear and non-radioactive to start with. So no mud, blood, or liquid uranium.

Investigate the trash and see what(if anything) I can find.

(6) you find a lot of trash. As I stated last round to people looking for "something," well, there's literally an entire universe of "something" to find, and you found some of it! You also find trouble, since you are outside, after dark, and looking for it. See the bottom of the round for details.

Help investigate the trash.  Pick stuff up, consume worthless junk, sort through piles of trash.

For the most part, my response to you is the same as that to MMM above. Except, you are also consuming something "worthless," so I gotta roll for that: (5) You eat an entire book labeled "Opinions on the SpaceNet, Volume MMCLLXIV." It is satisfyingly hollow, trite, meaningless, energetic, and pointless. You get an action point, both for getting rid of such garbage, and because it was a very poltergeistly kind of meal.

Okay. This might’ve been a bad idea. Sorry.

Realizing that he has been repressing his natural imp instincts for a while, he decides to let loose a little bit and prank Alice by turning her flare gun into a flare gone. Do it sneakily so I don’t get yelled at.

Use powers to make one container incredibly luxurious and set it as his home.

"Flare Gone" .... hmm. (2) You snap your fingers and the flare gun disappears from her left hip ... and reappears on her right hip. Hah! You bet she's not even left handed, so it'll be super awkward for her when she needs to draw and fire it! Now to wait for the comedy to happen ....

(4) You turn the front room that has the collapsed back wall into a reasonably comfortable bed and bath, complete with a small terrarium made out of the collapsed part. Bits of trash ooze through the dust and dirt and brighten up, becoming figurines and small sculptures and a tasteful metal mobile. You even get a nice nightstand made out of a baseball bat, a coffee table leg, two whiskey bottles stacked on top of each other, and a Hello Space Kitty Umbrella for legs, topped with a large book of maps for some distant world as the table top.

Outside crew, you all start to hear the sounds of life in the trash heap. things are waking up, coming alive, mobilizing, hunting, being hunted, and in general getting dangerous. You each see hundreds of small red dots, some closer, some further away, each dot paired with another, as if they were eyes, which they are. (4) Bowser manages to tumble over and get his feet below him, wielding his metal rod, as a swarm of spider-like beings skitters out of the darkness toward him, only to be dive bombed by ... somethings with wings. Looks like you are in a food fight. Try not to be the food.

(2) Bob, on the other hand, is caught entirely unprepared as he is peering int o acrack between two stacks of trash. Something reaches out of the darkness, wraps several spindly limbs around his body, and yanks him back into the darkness.

(6) Geryon, full of all the "wisdom" and "humanity" of the opinions of millions of anonymous SpaceNetters, hovers up at Bowser's side and begins circling the area, letting out small sparks, making some wailing sounds, and tossing small pebbles, screws, broken glass, and the like around the area. This makes it a bit mroe dangerous for the creatures attacking, but kinda a bit mroe dangerous for Bowser as well.

Kit_4 is relatively safe under the tire she found, and is close enough to get back inside in a dash, so no roll this turn for her.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2022, 10:46:37 pm »

Show this creature the error of its way on trying to ambush a Cy-Borg. Slashing and whacking at the arms with robotic arm. If I beak free retreat to the 'base'.

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2022, 11:09:35 pm »

...Chatters isn't no quitter! Its not my fault traitorous eyes are slow to adjust! I simply must wait a bit longer and soon I can see yes yes!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 02:22:56 am by Fluffe9911 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2022, 11:41:13 pm »

I don't suppose there's water here? It would be nice to be able to wash my clothes... Oh well, if not just rest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2022, 02:19:38 am »

"I had to sacrifice the parachute to get rid of that weird ball thing, so if anyone sees it with something wiggling around inside leave it alone. Guess I'll have to go get another one tomorrow."
See if my cellphone can get a signal here, after that take pictures of the people around me with my camera. Also am I still nauseated?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »

Well. This might be time to make a focus.

Try to make a magic focus to enhance the power of my magic, and reduce the drawbacks.

Embrace the randomness of the universe and prank someone at random
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 01:01:09 pm by Knightwing64 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18