Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 22899 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Dumped
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2022, 12:25:10 am »

Scavenge the pod Veron crashed in for any medical supplies

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2022, 01:10:28 am »

"Hey Alice! you need help getting out of there?"
Help Alice! out of the stink bog if needed, then look around for something flat we can use as a sled to drag the injured guy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2022, 01:35:59 am »

((I'm very aware of the logistic issues of keeping track of all 8 of me, I will be putting in my best effort to put in extra organization and tracking. If at any point there is anything (at all) I can do to make the tracking easier, formatting, colors, reduce how much I spread out so you can handle more of me as a group, whatever, please say so and I'll do it. No need to give you a headache.))

((having said that, all eight of me failed to heal my ears? oof.))

I spread out a little, most of me hiding in the tall grass and waiting for my ears to heal, but three of me climb up on top of tires to try to look out and see what's around, and also to be seen by the people coming out of the drop pods in the bog

Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 03:16:32 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2022, 02:58:36 am »

"Pod hovel thing change transform into doomwheel yes yes!"
Eat the rations, dump out the emergency kit, and throw away the grooming kit in disgust before seeing if I cant control where this thing rolls like a mobile home that doubles as a theoretically deadly barely controllable road roller.
Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2022, 06:09:14 am »

Get rid of the bog. Conjure up a few more air fresheners in-case this doesn’t work.

Hey friends! I’m kinda in the process of making a home for us, it’s a little cramped right now, but I can renovate it later. You can call me Mister Z!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2022, 09:59:13 am »

Explore the trash heaps. Perhaps there might still be something useful there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2022, 01:44:49 pm »

"Ugh, probably."

Get out of bog and remove any muck-covered clothing.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2022, 03:14:12 pm »

"mrow"
Code: (collar of (1)) [Select]
--Hi I'm Kit-
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 03:15:57 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2022, 01:25:53 am »

Check bottom of the turn for group update.

Go land at the edge of the wet stuff, and do a quick check of the pod insides (and the hidden below-sludge area) for loot.  Are there any interesting items hiding below the surface?

(2) You don't find anything of use in your pod. (1) A tentacle reaches out of the bog and grabs your chair. it isn't pulling or anything, yet. It just sort of flopped out of the bog, covered in wet, stinky mud, and wrapped around your seat.

Scavenge the pod Veron crashed in for any medical supplies

You have the status "Wounded:Fracture," as I mentioned before. (2) your pod is empty. From the looks of it, someone looted it some time ago, and it never got refilled before dumping you on this planet.

"Ugh, probably."

(4) you slosh over to the nearest dry spot and haul yourself up, then strip your lower garments and spread them out to dry. You leave your underwear on until you can find something to cover yourself with, to appease the censors and all.

"Hey Alice! you need help getting out of there?"
Help Alice! out of the stink bog if needed, then look around for something flat we can use as a sled to drag the injured guy.
Since Alice! got out under her own power, you devote your turn to finding a gurney. (3) You find a reasonably large chunk of tin siding. it's wide enough to place teh guy on, though it is somewhat long for dragging someone on: it's about 12 feet long.

((I'm very aware of the logistic issues of keeping track of all 8 of me, I will be putting in my best effort to put in extra organization and tracking. If at any point there is anything (at all) I can do to make the tracking easier, formatting, colors, reduce how much I spread out so you can handle more of me as a group, whatever, please say so and I'll do it. No need to give you a headache.))

((having said that, all eight of me failed to heal my ears? oof.))

I spread out a little, most of me hiding in the tall grass and waiting for my ears to heal, but three of me climb up on top of tires to try to look out and see what's around, and also to be seen by the people coming out of the drop pods in the bog

I suppose just doing what you are doing now will be fine for keeping track. It does save me some effort having it laid out like that. I was, for the sake of simplicity, rolling for the gestalt, but I'll roll individually, I suppose. 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 5, 3 1, 2, and 7 are hearing repaired, while the others remain hearing impaired.

(2) Mostly, on account of being ankle high, the three who climb the tires see pretty much what they already have: tall grass, more trash, and the nearby terrain. And also a bird. And a leaf. Perhaps a taller climb would help? They are visible to anyone who wants to notice them, though.

"Pod hovel thing change transform into doomwheel yes yes!"
Eat the rations, dump out the emergency kit, and throw away the grooming kit in disgust before seeing if I cant control where this thing rolls like a mobile home that doubles as a theoretically deadly barely controllable road roller.
Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
Interesting ... (2) you can control it to go "forward" or "other forward" by virtue of facing with the floor on your left or on your right and crawling forward. Cna't see at all where it takes you though. this works poorly, since the door has been blown off, so you make most of a revolution, then step on dirt. Then teh house rolls ahead of you, leaving you sun exposed again.

Get rid of the bog. Conjure up a few more air fresheners in-case this doesn’t work.

Hey friends! I’m kinda in the process of making a home for us, it’s a little cramped right now, but I can renovate it later. You can call me Mister Z!
(1) You snap your fingers, and the bog sort of explodes, spraying bog water everywhere. The crater in the bog that you formed quickly fills in again with wetter, but still dark brown, water.

You stomp off eastward and encounter a kitten with a collar that reads "Hey, I'm Kit." the trash heaps are vast, and there are probably lots of things in them, useful or otherwise. Let's gatehr the crew for exploring, as I am not going to run eight individual games.

So, the group of you, still getting your feet under you and familiarizing yourselves with this craphole of a landing area, are getting more and more nauseous the longer you stay near the muck, unprotected from the stench. and, since several of you have been interacting with the gross glump that is the source of your misery, that misery is compounding. Not only is the stink worsening, but the kind of insects that love those kind of locations are starting to swarm over and around you. You have a bit of time before the sun sets to get someplace else before making some kind of camp, but if you stay here, everyone will start taking health effects, and rolls will start being at disadvantage, and so forth. Also, someone has managed to wake some kind of bogtopus or something, and, well, there's sure to be more to follow.

I heartily recommend deciding together on a direction (trashward seems like the current favorite), and going. Of course, you CAN stay here, assuming Mr Z's magic manages to stabilize enough to eliminate the bog or the stink, or at least enough to make some decent filter masks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2022, 02:07:20 am »

"Oh shit the stink pit just exploded."
After taking a second to get over that, she begins dragging the tin sheet over to Veron.

"Hey gun guy I found this bit of metal I'm gonna make into a sled so we can move you from this awful stinking place, and I'm thinking the piles of garbage will probably have something we can use to fix your leg with."

Fold the sheet of tin in half then drag it over to where Veron and see if I can't get a bit of rope from one of the parachutes to turn the bit of tin into a sled then see if Veron wants to get on it so I can take him away from the smell, also use some bit of clothing from my suitcase to cover my face so I don't have to keep breathing the stink.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2022, 02:37:02 am »

I'll wait for the big people to finish playing in the disgusting, and just keep lookout and see if there's any hints as to where there might be useful stuff.
Also, the me that has ears healed and is in the grass is going to go near where the me that is on a tire but can't hear well is, so that I should be able to hear if something comes towards me.

"mrow!"
Code: (collar of (1)) [Select]
-Hi I'm Kit--

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:44:41 pm by Lenglon »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2022, 05:52:55 am »

Don’t worry guys, I got this. I say we designate this spot as our base and then we go explore once I’m done clearing the bog/insects. Speaking of that, I would appreciate some help.

Snap my figures and try once more to get rid of the bog and insects. If this doesn’t work, pout and insult the people who refused to help me.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2022, 06:16:55 am »

"What the heck was that explosion?" Veron warily called out. He didn't see Mister Z snap his fingers previously, so he was unaware of the source of the explosion. "Maybe all the simultaneous crashes to this place has made the area unstable."

Quote from: Knightwing64
“Don’t worry guys, I got this. I say we designate this spot as our base and then we go explore once I’m done clearing the bog/insects. Speaking of that, I would appreciate some help.”

Veron shook his head in slight disagreement. "This place is a lost cause. I think it's better if we just leave here and quickly devise some sort of impromptu base somewhere else."

Quote from: King Zultan
"Hey gun guy I found this bit of metal I'm gonna make into a sled so we can move you from this awful stinking place, and I'm thinking the piles of garbage will probably have something we can use to fix your leg with."

Veron gave a moderate nod of thanks to Debby as they did all that. Meanwhile as that was happening, Veron would attempt to do some miscellaneous repairs on his helmet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2022, 07:51:13 am »

"I'd like to leave, please."

Implying that I can take my underwear off when I find something to replace it with? Ah well, reminds me of the ladies' raider armor in Fallout 3...

Help drag Veron trashward, or if people aren't leaving yet for some reason, grab a Kit and move trashward, hopefully ahead of the group rather than setting off on my own.
I'd rather not make your job harder by splitting up, but that doesn't mean I'll stay here and get diseased over it.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2022, 08:10:29 am »

You fools! I have this handled! Just give me a minute and the bog won’t be a problem. Also, I hate to burst your bubble but your on a alien planet with absolutely no resistance to any of their diseases. If you haven’t gotten infected yet, you probably aren’t going to.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18