Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 22821 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2022, 11:49:13 am »

"The hell are you talking about?"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2022, 12:04:44 pm »

I can magic away the Bog. We don’t have to leave. It would be better to all have a central home base and not all spilt up.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2022, 12:13:55 pm »

Play dead and see if tentacle loses interest.

(Heading trashwards sounds good.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:31:50 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2022, 01:28:52 pm »

I can magic away the Bog. We don’t have to leave. It would be better to all have a central home base and not all spilt up.

”If by ‘magic away’ you actually mean ‘blast apart in every direction’ then sure. But that trash heap might have some good stuff so it should be at least worth a look. Also, what is that?

Cautiously approach and observe the tentacle attached to Geryon’s chair

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2022, 02:24:39 pm »

"Well then good, we're headed this way and neutralizing the bog with the magic of not being here any more. You coming?"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2022, 02:35:37 pm »

"Well then good, we're headed this way and neutralizing the bog with the magic of not being here any more. You coming?"

Mr Z stomps his foot.

But I have a house here and walking is exhausting…

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2022, 03:44:48 pm »

"Whatever."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2022, 12:32:54 am »

"So wait you made the hole of stench explode, why did you do that when people were near it, also how is blowing it up gonna make it not stink?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2022, 01:55:17 am »

Chatters makes a attempt to chase after the slowly moving pod but cant currently see anything due to the sun blinding him
"GAHHH DESERTER TRAITOR DOOMWHEEL ARRIVE COME BACK TO CHATTERS NOW NOW!"

Have Chatters blindly run to the trash pile with everyone else while lamenting in anger over the betrayal of his doomwheel.
Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2022, 06:24:46 am »

"So wait you made the hole of stench explode, why did you do that when people were near it, also how is blowing it up gonna make it not stink?"

My magic is kinda fickle, it interpreted ‘get rid of the bog’ as explode it. But I think I got it now.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2022, 03:25:40 am »

"Note to self, don't let that guy use magic on me."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2022, 02:27:35 pm »

"Oh shit the stink pit just exploded."
After taking a second to get over that, she begins dragging the tin sheet over to Veron.

"Hey gun guy I found this bit of metal I'm gonna make into a sled so we can move you from this awful stinking place, and I'm thinking the piles of garbage will probably have something we can use to fix your leg with."

Fold the sheet of tin in half then drag it over to where Veron and see if I can't get a bit of rope from one of the parachutes to turn the bit of tin into a sled then see if Veron wants to get on it so I can take him away from the smell, also use some bit of clothing from my suitcase to cover my face so I don't have to keep breathing the stink.
(1) so, the bit of tin is basically siding for an industrial building and doesn't fold easily or well. You end up folding it crooked, and about at the 1/3 mark, creating a sort of metal check mark. You slice your hand open in the process and now have the status "bleeding: palm." That needs to be taken care of immediately. as for the parachute: assuming you don't get derailed, there are a few of them still available for use, including the ropes.

as for the stink: well, a face covering helps a little, but the stink goes through cloth. Speaking of which: (5) you're okay for now. Also, good effort on attempting to rescue an ally. I admire the team spirit! You get one fate point action token (heh heh, avoided a copyright strike. Nice). You can use that to roll at advantage on any one roll you choose.

I'll wait for the big people to finish playing in the disgusting, and just keep lookout and see if there's any hints as to where there might be useful stuff.
Also, the me that has ears healed and is in the grass is going to go near where the me that is on a tire but can't hear well is, so that I should be able to hear if something comes towards me.

"mrow!"
Code: (collar of (1)) [Select]
-Hi I'm Kit--
Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
(5) Your lookout has alerted you to a makeshift shelter, big enough for a group of people sized creatures! Apparently, land vehicles at least used to be a thing around here, and a couple freight trailers have been placed together, covered, and reworked. Want to explore it? (kitty 8 has spotted it). healing rolls: (2,2,3,4,4) No new healings) (edit: take an action point, for teamwork. You get advantage on one roll. What? it's nothing at all like in Opus Magnum. I don't kow what you are talking about.)

Don’t worry guys, I got this. I say we designate this spot as our base and then we go explore once I’m done clearing the bog/insects. Speaking of that, I would appreciate some help.

Snap my figures and try once more to get rid of the bog and insects. If this doesn’t work, pout and insult the people who refused to help me.
You come very close to snapping your fingers. You raise yor hand next to your ear, place your thumb and middle finger together, and start to press, when you suddenly freeze. You remember one of the THREE RULES: repetition is folly. You contemplate what doing the same action a second time might do. What it would do is create a sort of feedback loop of failure, compounding the previous action's negatives, while never having the kind of effect intended. You look at the swamp and imagine the small crater, multiplied one hundred fold. You imagine the wave of muck, expanding outward in all directions. You imagine just how nauseous this would make everyone, and giggle a little, until you remember your own nose: (3) and gag a little. You aren't incapacitated, but you are going to get disadvantage on all rolls until you get clear of this awful place.

"What the heck was that explosion?" Veron warily called out. He didn't see Mister Z snap his fingers previously, so he was unaware of the source of the explosion. "Maybe all the simultaneous crashes to this place has made the area unstable."

Quote from: Knightwing64
“Don’t worry guys, I got this. I say we designate this spot as our base and then we go explore once I’m done clearing the bog/insects. Speaking of that, I would appreciate some help.”

Veron shook his head in slight disagreement. "This place is a lost cause. I think it's better if we just leave here and quickly devise some sort of impromptu base somewhere else."

Quote from: King Zultan
"Hey gun guy I found this bit of metal I'm gonna make into a sled so we can move you from this awful stinking place, and I'm thinking the piles of garbage will probably have something we can use to fix your leg with."

Veron gave a moderate nod of thanks to Debby as they did all that. Meanwhile as that was happening, Veron would attempt to do some miscellaneous repairs on his helmet.

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)
Hard to repair "smashed in the face by a big metal door" without some dedicated equipment. Meanwhile, laying here in the stink, idling, you get severely nauseated, in addition to your wounds. If you don't get moving, and preferably patched up, you are going to become incapacitated pretty soon.

"I'd like to leave, please."

Implying that I can take my underwear off when I find something to replace it with? Ah well, reminds me of the ladies' raider armor in Fallout 3...

Help drag Veron trashward, or if people aren't leaving yet for some reason, grab a Kit and move trashward, hopefully ahead of the group rather than setting off on my own.
I'd rather not make your job harder by splitting up, but that doesn't mean I'll stay here and get diseased over it.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Since you are attempting to help Debby help Veron, I am going to transfer your action to patching up Debby's hand. (1) The sight of the blood, combined with the stink, the heat of the day, and the general stress of everything, causes severe disorientation, you start to see black. You make a run for the trash pile (1). You TRY to make a run for the trash pile, and down you go. You roll on your back and just ... try not to die, really. ... I am giving you the same action point i gave Zultan, for good teamwork. Hmm should give one to Lenglon too. Use it to roll at advantage on one roll.

Play dead and see if tentacle loses interest.

(Heading trashwards sounds good.)

You play dead like only a pol ... wait, poltergeists are known as active ghostly entitities, so I actually have to roll for you to be still. (6) you play dead just fine. Maybe a little too dead. You feel yourself becoming rooted to this chair. That's ... alarming. Well, let's see what the tentacle does: (6) Good news is, it doesn't pull you into the muck. It does, instead, whip you at the big angry turtle.

”If by ‘magic away’ you actually mean ‘blast apart in every direction’ then sure. But that trash heap might have some good stuff so it should be at least worth a look. Also, what is that?

Cautiously approach and observe the tentacle attached to Geryon’s chair
(3) You step toward the stink and muck for some reason. The tentacle throws a chair at you, WWE style. You dodge it and it goes bouncing away somewhere. Never mind that, you've been challenged! You look around for some ropes to climb for a wicked sweet body slam against the Unknown Tentacle Monster. A second tentacle writhes up near the first, and htey both grope and prod the ground at the edge of the muck.

Mr Z stomps his foot.

But I have a house here and walking is exhausting…
(4)(6) So, disadvantage: I roll two dice and take the worse one. In this case, the 6, since it has "unintended side effects."

You stomp your foot in irritation, sending a shockwave along the ground and an echoing boom across the air. Birds fly up from the trees by the swamp. Silence ensues after the echo, for a few seconds, except for the sound of a chair tumbling in the dirt.

Chatters makes a attempt to chase after the slowly moving pod but cant currently see anything due to the sun blinding him
"GAHHH DESERTER TRAITOR DOOMWHEEL ARRIVE COME BACK TO CHATTERS NOW NOW!"

Have Chatters blindly run to the trash pile with everyone else while lamenting in anger over the betrayal of his doomwheel.
Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
You skitter off through the tall grass toward the trash. "With everyone else" is a bit of a stretch, considering the state of things, but you are going in the right direction, anyway. The wicked sun is still miles above the horizon, curse it! you don't manage any real shade this round, but the tall grass helps a little. Naturally, You carry out an endless gripe against hte wheel, the sun, the grass, your temmates, your clan, everyone else, and life in general as you go.

A Loud Boom and a shockwave ripple out from your landing area. Most of you don't know the source, but it is startling, loud, and echoey. And everything within dozens of miles around knows something is here now.

We have two(2) characters relatively out of the stink and headed toward trash.
We have three(3) characters still tempting fate at the muck pit.
We have three(3) characters wounded or otherwise incapacitated. Ironically, two of those wee doing their best to actually help.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2022, 03:05:50 pm »

… Alright. You may have a point. I can’t handle much more of this, this smell is not fun. Maybe… if I did this?

Snap my fingers and teleport us all away from the bog.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2022, 03:08:43 pm »

"The hell is going on here!" Veron yelled in alarm, as he heard that loud noise, along with the following shockwave. Veron looked around, further yelling, "We need to get the hell out from this pit now!"

Veron had noticed something out of the corner of his eyes. It was Chatters moving toward someplace that was not this current Muck Pit. It was a stretch, but Veron had to optimistically think that Chatters had moved somewhere safe, or at least a location somewhat more stable than this.

Attempt to follow where Chatters had went

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2022, 03:26:49 pm »

Spit a fireball at the tentacle monster go pick up that chair it threw
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18