Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Population density?  (Read 1020 times)

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Population density?
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

What's the most enemies anyone's ever seen in one dark fortress?  I'm in one right now and I swear I've killed at LEAST 300 goblins.  It's almost impossible to step anywhere without crunching bones.  I've never had one anywhere near this dense, and I suspect it might be the Legendary Lands mod.  But, maybe other people encounter these numbers too.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Population density?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:18:00 am »

It's probably the mod, I did play with those numbers a bit.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:09:00 am »

I went into a mead hall recently and it was stuffed full of people. So stuffed that it was impossible to move without getting on the ground and crawling under their feet. Needless to say, I set myself on fire and proceeded to throw my burning clothes all over the hall. Lots of people died, but Dwarf Fortress crashed after I had slept three times in that same town without leaving. It was interesting to see how the fire spread across the grass from the burning tree though, wasnt expecting that. Thats also probably why I crashed.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dark:
<STRONG>I went into a mead hall recently and it was stuffed full of people. So stuffed that it was impossible to move without getting on the ground and crawling under their feet. Needless to say, I set myself on fire and proceeded to throw my burning clothes all over the hall. Lots of people died, but Dwarf Fortress crashed after I had slept three times in that same town without leaving. It was interesting to see how the fire spread across the grass from the burning tree though, wasnt expecting that. Thats also probably why I crashed.</STRONG>

Is that in Legendary Lands, or normal DF?

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Sheezy

• Bay Watcher
  • Jon Ban Jovi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:00 am »

Does stumbling into a battle between goblins and shard elements with magic boxes count?
there were shitloads of those things
<Naze>   A baby crying in the cave!
<Naze>   Don't go in there woman!
<Naze>   Your not trained for mutant superbabies!