Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16661 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)
« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2022, 09:05:22 pm »

Why does Cult!Lidku not just say they are? We win today if they know they're Cult and claim as such.

There can't be any known Cult left unless they're actively sabotaging us or aren't aware they're Cult. Max has confirmed there's at least one Cult left, which does not count the SM.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2022, 09:07:30 pm »

Mm. Lidku. I still interpret day 1 messages as meaning that Lidku inspects as cult, there's only two Factcheckers.

That's strange. What do two Factcheckers have to do with me being suspected? I thought it was learned that the Factchecker role is somewhat unreliable in its results?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2022, 09:07:59 pm »

Knightwing was roleblocked by the SM clearly to prevent the (likely one) Cult left now to be unaware of who they are.

Which is fucking annoying!

Although it does very much confirm Knightwing isn't SM, obviously.

Is there anybody here that can do any other checks? Egan's results not being public confirms they're still town, so that's a start.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2022, 09:08:15 pm »

Why does Cult!Lidku not just say they are? We win today if they know they're Cult and claim as such.

There can't be any known Cult left unless they're actively sabotaging us or aren't aware they're Cult. Max has confirmed there's at least one Cult left, which does not count the SM.

There's cult left. Because the game hasn't ended.
There's not any cult who don't realize it, because they'd have gotten a notification from my power and told us.

Therefore, there are cultists, and they've decided to not be on our side. Let's hunt them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 02, 2022, 09:12:24 pm »

Mm. Lidku. I still interpret day 1 messages as meaning that Lidku inspects as cult, there's only two Factcheckers.
This logic means you think Lidku is hiding that they're Cult from us while actively knowing they are Cult.

None of the other Cult players behaved this way. Web, Egan, and Fallacy all claimed.

There's not any cult who don't realize it, because they'd have gotten a notification from my power and told us.

Therefore, there are cultists, and they've decided to not be on our side. Let's hunt them.
...You're right. Even though Knightwing was roleblocked, you weren't. The Cult should have received your Factchecker result.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2022, 09:21:39 pm »

Lidku. They were quite reluctant to be voted here on Day 2.

I'm not Cult at all. I'm a regular average normal open-sourced man.

I have nothing to do with the Cult.

Voting for me would just be a Day 2 vote waste. I recommend just going for Egan_BW, who is a confirmed Cultist at least, or BluarianKnight, who's been suspiciously quiet for a long time (or non-suspicious that is, if being consumed by IRL activities).

This doesn't sound like someone who is Town and doesn't want Town to waste their time voting them.

This sounds like someone who doesn't want to be voted because it would ruin them.

@Lidku:
Who is Cult? We're not voting Egan or Fallacy today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2022, 09:26:02 pm »

That's strange. What do two Factcheckers have to do with me being suspected? I thought it was learned that the Factchecker role is somewhat unreliable in its results?

Factchecker is reversed, not unreliable. Cult is inspected as town, and town as cult.

More importantly, on D1 there were four inspections, and I believe two of them were factcheckers and the other two were researchers, who give accurate results. NJW's inspect was done by Knightwing, a Factchecker, and one of Toony's inspects was done by me, the other factchecker.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2022, 09:30:24 pm »

What about the researchers?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2022, 09:31:17 pm »

@Lidku:
Who is Cult? We're not voting Egan or Fallacy today.

That's what I'm trying to figure out along with everyone else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2022, 09:45:16 pm »

Who should we vote?

I think I prefer Lidku here since my gut screams he hasn't been perfectly forthcoming with information.

Yeah let's go with Lidku.

If you want to vote me I can't stop you but it also doesn't accomplish anything since I'm already town.

Is there anybody here that can do any other checks? Egan's results not being public confirms they're still town, so that's a start.

I have not used my public inspect today.

Knightwing was roleblocked by the SM clearly to prevent the (likely one) Cult left now to be unaware of who they are.

There's an additional possibility in that FallacyofUrist didn't receive the inspect because FallacyofUrist wasn't Cult i.e. he's the SM.

You know, it might be too late now, but if we decided on converting to Cult rather than converting to Town we could probably figure out who is and isn't lying about being Cult with the private whispers. E.G., keep the factcheckers town, get as many people converted to the Cult team including me, have me and the factcheckers privately submit targets and test people one by one on who was targeted.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2022, 09:47:12 pm »

What about the researchers?
Jim said he inspected me on D1 and Roden on D2.

I don't think he's done it for D3 yet?

I have not used my public inspect today.
How about you inspect Lidku and we go from there?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2022, 09:51:33 pm »

Roger, give it a minute.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2022, 10:59:09 pm »

Everyone hears that Lidku is cult.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2022, 11:20:14 pm »

Called it.

Lidku
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22