Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16694 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 2] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2022, 12:13:40 am »

The inspect is sent to the Cult if it's a Cult inspect. That's why we know Lidku is Town (Since the inspects are insane.) Also, Lidku can't be Cult if they don't claim Cult, because being Cult is, you know, on the Town's side. The only other person that can be Cult is BluarianKnight, Egan_BW, and... Uh... Did anyone else claim Cult?

I was typing a much longer winded explanation but it doesn't need it. Researchers are inverse Factcheckers in that our inspects are sane and are reported publicly when the Researcher is town and whispered privately when the Researcher is Cult. I think that there's a Cult Researcher rather than a second town and third overall Factchecker, that the inspect on Lidku was done by a Cult Researcher, and that Lidku is the likeliest player to have done this.

I think everybody besides Roden, BK, and Lidku have demonstrated their roles in some fashion. It could be BK but it would be weird (and disappointing) for BK to show up to fire off an inspect but otherwise do nothing. It could be Roden but I don't feel like he fits here given he already claimed and described his role abilities. Lidku claimed being a town stand-user (which I actually wasn't paying attention to and did miss) but hasn't explained or hinted at what a stand-user is supposed to do, and was also around at the time the inspect happened.

did you do the public town inspect on ToonyMan on Day 1 and Roden today

Yes, that was me.

I think BluarianKnight might be the SM.
This seems like a game that needs everyone to be active, so... Ya know... What are we gonna do?

Gripe to the moderator, I'd expect.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2022, 01:46:45 am »

Day 1

NJW check - whispered to Cult - claimed by Knightwing
Lidku check - whispered to Cult - unclaimed
Toony check #1 - public - claimed by Jim
Toony check #2 - public - claimed by Egan

Day 2

Roden check - public - claimed by Jim
Unknown check - whispered to Cult - claimed by Knightwing

If everyone is telling the truth, then I think this is accurate. Also, the only two people who aren't conftown at this point are Blu and Lidku. Web believes Lidku is town, but if the role pair theory is correct, then Lidku isn't a Town Stand User/secret Fact Checker, he's a Cult Researcher.

I think it's possible that Lidku targeted himself in that case, in an attempt to signal to the rest of his team that he was aligned with them. Cult was whispered that he was a Cult member himself, however Web believed that was a lie, and believed that it was confirmed when the Fact Checkers revealed how their role worked. However, now that we know that Researchers are the sane versions of that role, that puts the Lidku whisper in a different light. We know nobody claimed that whisper, that Blu hasn't been around, and that Lidku seemed to know what the whisper meant.

The only thing is that I don't know why he would hide this information, unless he wanted us to fail the town conversion today by voting Blu, who is likely 3P. That would potentially allow him to recruit someone into the cult tonight and attempt to go for a surprise Cult win. Maybe he thought an early town win was boring. So for that, I'll vote Lidku.

However, there's one other issue. How did Egan become town?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2022, 02:02:19 am »

I made Egan town today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2022, 02:05:01 am »

Lidku doesn't have any reason to be sneaky as Cult. Only the SM needs to be sneaky in this setup.

Which implies Bluarian isn't the SM since they literally haven't been on while sneaky unclaimed stuff has happened.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2022, 03:24:13 am »

Theory: the SM is able to control what other players do in some way. This balances the power of the town mass claim, although town* can still figure out what’s going on and work to counter this.

Webadict: thoughts?lllp
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2022, 04:38:53 am »

Theory: the SM is able to control what other players do in some way. This balances the power of the town mass claim, although town* can still figure out what’s going on and work to counter this.

Webadict: thoughts?lllp
I am thoughtless

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2022, 04:40:16 am »

Could someone else vote Blue? I suspect we should have as many votes as possible on the person we want.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2022, 06:53:43 am »

Quote from: Roden
Web believes Lidku is town, but if the role pair theory is correct, then Lidku isn't a Town Stand User/secret Fact Checker, he's a Cult Researcher.

BluarianKnight must be the Cult Stand User. I'm the Town Stand User.

Since we all already disclosed our Role abilities, I guess it's time to reveal what a Stand User does: I can block a vote from passing through and only the person that was targeted knows something vaguely defended them from an effect.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2022, 07:00:16 am »

Which vote?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2022, 07:05:32 am »

I don't know how the Cult Stand User might work, but my ability blocks any vote that is incoming onto them. So if the Town suspects someone is about to be Cult Converted, I can preemptively use my Protect to block them from being converted at all.

The ability is inherently very hard to use though, due to the fact that the Cult's votes are private, along with the fact there is no alert when someone has been converted.. Basically, I just have to choose a random Town and hope they were the one targeted for a vote, so the Cult vote gets wasted.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2022, 07:09:52 am »

I targeted Lidku today, didn’t show up in the thread, they aren’t cult. No cult wants to answer me if they heard the announcements, so doesn’t that leave Lidku as the SM?

Correct me if I’m wrong, cult could just not be responding for some odd, unexplained reason.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2022, 07:10:39 am »

Oop. Wow, ninja’d by Lidku

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2022, 09:21:28 am »

Did Blu get prodded?
Yes.

I had a power outage this morning, so I haven't had the chance to respond to PMs or questions, so I'll give you guys a bit more time. How did you all want me to deal with the weekend, anyway?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2022, 10:41:58 am »

So for that, I'll vote Lidku.

I'll go with this. Lidku.

I don't know how the Cult Stand User might work, but my ability blocks any vote that is incoming onto them. So if the Town suspects someone is about to be Cult Converted, I can preemptively use my Protect to block them from being converted at all.

You don't know how the Cult Stand-User works? I've never been Cult but Researcher behavior is still in my role PM. I expect this is true for most roles that have different town and cult behavior.

I think you might be lying and I don't know what reason you have for it.

I targeted Lidku today, didn’t show up in the thread, they aren’t cult. No cult wants to answer me if they heard the announcements, so doesn’t that leave Lidku as the SM?

It didn't show up in thread because you aren't cult; it has everything to do with your alignment and not the result.

Did Blu get prodded?
Yes.

I think we are approaching the time when a replacement might be appropriate.

I had a power outage this morning, so I haven't had the chance to respond to PMs or questions, so I'll give you guys a bit more time. How did you all want me to deal with the weekend, anyway?

I say keep the pace. The game requires daily participation but it seems low intensity.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2022, 11:13:28 am »

I'm not Cult at all. I'm a regular average normal open-sourced man.

I have nothing to do with the Cult.

Voting for me would just be a Day 2 vote waste. I recommend just going for Egan_BW, who is a confirmed Cultist at least, or BluarianKnight, who's been suspiciously quiet for a long time (or non-suspicious that is, if being consumed by IRL activities).
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22