Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16738 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9+)
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2022, 04:55:47 pm »

That makes me think though, maybe the SM has some ability to switch people's alignments to prevent unity? That would be powerful enough to disrupt our plays.

Hmm?

Oh, I didn't claim because it doesn't matter much. I'm town and would prefer a town victory, but I can swap alignments whenever I want using two different methods. So if town ends up sinking later, I can swap to cult if necessary.

Hmmmmmm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2022, 05:04:24 pm »

That's pretty OP that Roden can apparently switch alignments at will. But I guess its face-value OPness can be stymied if it's a "X-Shot" ability, one that can only be used a certain amount of times?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2022, 05:06:31 pm »

And its kinda strange that Roden just explains his role ability, but not the role title at all ("claim"). So far, everyone has stated their Roles but not their abilities. Why did Roden do the opposite?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2022, 05:08:44 pm »

I don't think that roden has explained his ability fully, he just said that he can change alignment by two different methods, yes? My guess is two oneshots to decide the public vote and the cult vote.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2022, 05:24:33 pm »

Eh. Might as well at this point. I am a Factchecker

(Every day, you can choose one target, including yourself. If you are cult, your target's alignment will be wrongly announced in the main thread; your target will be said to be town if he is actually cult and vice versa. If you are town, your target's alignment will be wrongly announced to all cult members.)

I targeted NJW, which means their town, at least for now. I think Jim said he heard the announcement? Which would make him cult also. Web and Egan are confirmed cults.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2022, 05:28:12 pm »

Jim never said he heard the announcements/whispers. He just wanted to inquire who else was hearing them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2022, 05:34:20 pm »

So Factcheckers are insane cops.

Egan_BW, are you responsible for the announcement about ToonyMan's alignment?

Jim never said he heard the announcements/whispers. He just wanted to inquire who else was hearing them.

This is correct.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2022, 05:47:16 pm »

No, my power has not been used yet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2022, 05:51:53 pm »

Knightwing's power is identical to mine, I was wondering if the town version is un-reverified. I don't think anyone else has claimed factchecker per se so Lidku and Toony's results might be right-way-round still?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2022, 06:18:57 pm »

Claim: My ability allows me to screw with voting. Including cult voting. So if I think the cult are trying to target someone else, I can mess them up.

I am (currently) town.

Still thinking about Lidku's early posts.

Um... That's five Town claims...
You think someone is lying about their alignment? I think someone might be. I think I know why they might be. I'll go into it tomorrow if I feel provoked to. We all want to win.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2022, 06:29:46 pm »

Nobody but me and web have claimed cult, and web is supposed to become town. Shall I secret-vote for myself, or use my inspect?

NJW, I do still have an inspect, it'll come up publicly the opposite of what it should be. If you suspect someone is cult and claimed town, tell me so that I can inspect and then PM-vote them.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2022, 06:48:44 pm »

That's pretty OP that Roden can apparently switch alignments at will. But I guess its face-value OPness can be stymied if it's a "X-Shot" ability, one that can only be used a certain amount of times?
And its kinda strange that Roden just explains his role ability, but not the role title at all ("claim"). So far, everyone has stated their Roles but not their abilities. Why did Roden do the opposite?
It's not as OP as you might think. There are stipulations, and claiming my role name would more or less out how it works. It's a "exactly what it says on the tin" kind of role.

I don't think that roden has explained his ability fully, he just said that he can change alignment by two different methods, yes? My guess is two oneshots to decide the public vote and the cult vote.
I'll just say that I hinted in this general direction.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2022, 06:52:24 pm »

Eh. Might as well at this point. I am a Factchecker

(Every day, you can choose one target, including yourself. If you are cult, your target's alignment will be wrongly announced in the main thread; your target will be said to be town if he is actually cult and vice versa. If you are town, your target's alignment will be wrongly announced to all cult members.)

I targeted NJW, which means their town, at least for now. I think Jim said he heard the announcement? Which would make him cult also. Web and Egan are confirmed cults.
So who whispered Lidku's alignment to the cult?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2022, 06:52:55 pm »

No one else claim roles.

There's two of each

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2022, 07:02:18 pm »

Nobody but me and web have claimed cult, and web is supposed to become town. Shall I secret-vote for myself, or use my inspect?

NJW, I do still have an inspect, it'll come up publicly the opposite of what it should be. If you suspect someone is cult and claimed town, tell me so that I can inspect and then PM-vote them.
Not 100% sure yet.

No one else claim roles.

There's two of each
A symmetrical situation? I've considered it, but there seem to be more than three "Factcheckers".

...too many unknowns are stunting my play. I'll get some sleep.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22