Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16741 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9+)
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2022, 02:50:05 pm »

webadict

Might as well just up on the web chain.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2022, 03:03:30 pm »

webadict.

I am a Town Researcher.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2022, 03:30:17 pm »

@Max: What happens in the event of a tie for a Town vote? What happens in the event of a tie for a Cult vote? Can you vote yourself in the Town vote? Can you vote yourself in the Cult vote?
SM decides, chosen randomly, yes, yes but why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2022, 03:36:34 pm »

Good. That's needed information.

Okay, let's make sure everyone gets a claim out.

I think we should've saved webadict for last, since he's cooperating for us. webadict might've been able to eke out some suspicious Cult activity and/or abilities, even if the Cult doesn't have shared communications this game.
Would you mind explaining this statement for me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2022, 03:37:02 pm »

Also, who the fuck keeps telling me Alignments?!?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2022, 03:40:43 pm »

You said previously that you heard somesort of whisper and keep hearing alignments? If the Cult is doing background activities that the Town can't pick up on, leaving you as a turned agent in our favor would net us information against them. But that opportunity is mute now since you're going to be the chosen D1 deconversion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2022, 03:57:52 pm »

You said previously that you heard somesort of whisper and keep hearing alignments? If the Cult is doing background activities that the Town can't pick up on, leaving you as a turned agent in our favor would net us information against them. But that opportunity is mute now since you're going to be the chosen D1 deconversion.
The whispers appear to be lying to me, so I'm not sure what they're for. It's unlikely that they're Cult-related.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2022, 04:02:26 pm »

Hi, I exist in this game.

Real quick, does anyone know for sure how the 3P wins? As it is right now, we don't have any reason to believe that it isn't mechanically similar to a Jester, meaning they could win by receiving everyone's votes.

Now, I'm not sure if Web just says "no fun allowed" as 3P and convinces everyone to vote him on Day 1 by claiming cult for an easy early win. I think him wanting to mechanically solve the game right out of the gate is townie for him, and it seems genuine. If anyone else here is good at reading him and agrees with me about my read, then yeah voting Web today is fine. However, if there's some uncertainty then maybe we shouldn't rush the vote yet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2022, 04:04:43 pm »

Hmm. Paranoia time. Perhaps web is not receiving messages, but sending them and wanting someone else to chime in that they're getting them? Some kind of SM ability where you can send messages to X role but don't know who they are?

Nah, that'd never happen. I've also gotten two messages with lidku and njw's alignments. Not sure if I trust em though.

Hmm, going back to conspiracy, perhaps SM has the power to cop roles through me if I report them back to the thread?

I vote Town Victory, of course.

From phone and about to get home so more later.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2022, 04:08:48 pm »

Hi, I exist in this game.

Real quick, does anyone know for sure how the 3P wins? As it is right now, we don't have any reason to believe that it isn't mechanically similar to a Jester, meaning they could win by receiving everyone's votes.

Now, I'm not sure if Web just says "no fun allowed" as 3P and convinces everyone to vote him on Day 1 by claiming cult for an easy early win. I think him wanting to mechanically solve the game right out of the gate is townie for him, and it seems genuine. If anyone else here is good at reading him and agrees with me about my read, then yeah voting Web today is fine. However, if there's some uncertainty then maybe we shouldn't rush the vote yet.
Well, you either vote me, or I gotta convert everyone.

But, you appear to not have claimed anything, from your method of victory to your alignment to your role. Why is that, mon amie?

Hmm. Paranoia time. Perhaps web is not receiving messages, but sending them and wanting someone else to chime in that they're getting them? Some kind of SM ability where you can send messages to X role but don't know who they are?

Nah, that'd never happen. I've also gotten two messages with lidku and njw's alignments. Not sure if I trust em though.

Hmm, going back to conspiracy, perhaps SM has the power to cop roles through me if I report them back to the thread?

I vote Town Victory, of course.

From phone and about to get home so more later.
That's the beauty of voting me. Either I win and the game is over, or I'm confirmed as being not SM! That sounds like a win-win to me!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2022, 04:10:04 pm »

Hm. Web's self-voting does suggest good intentions... I have my suspiscions though, about various things, including the cult wincon. Ones I will very readily air if I don't like what goes on tomorrow.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2022, 04:10:40 pm »

Everyone hears that ToonyMan is Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2022, 04:13:04 pm »

Toonyman: what does a brainwasher do?
They brain wash!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2022, 04:15:31 pm »

Oh, I didn't claim because it doesn't matter much. I'm town and would prefer a town victory, but I can swap alignments whenever I want using two different methods. So if town ends up sinking later, I can swap to cult if necessary.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2022, 04:16:54 pm »

This is something I clued at a few posts past in the thread, but I think I'll touch base on it some more:

I think the gamemaster, Maximum Spin, wants to keep how the 3rd Party is going to win a secret/surprise, considering how ambiguous they've been about it generally. Though I suspect it will be through the 3rd Party having a Kill ability.

I suspect (but this could all just be pure nonsense that isn't actually the case) to balance this, some individual from either the Town or the Cult team (or two selected individuals from either team at the same time) will have the Kill ability as well, and it'd be their responsibility ensuring that the 3rd Party dies, once said 3rd is finally discovered. Maximum Spin only said they can't be converted to either side but didn't say they can't die.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22