Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk "the Warmaster" of Gedur!  (Read 9258 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk of Gedur!
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2022, 11:43:13 pm »

That's a fair point. I'll change over to
C
Long Live United Forenia!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2022, 12:19:39 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2022, 09:50:11 am »

Your chancellor nods.

"It will be done, my lord."

303 AC, Summer

Your new steward and the merchant guild are struggling to take back the control of the bronze market from the smuggler cliques. But they swear it's only a matter of time.

303 AC, Autumn

It's been two years since Aktina gave you a child, despite your best efforts. As she is still in her childbearing age, you fear the last labor didn't left her unscathed.

A) Engage a doctor to check her health
B) Make an offering to the local gods of Health and Family
C) Just try harder!
D) Don't do anything. You already have three children

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2022, 12:33:53 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2022, 02:02:52 am »

A

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:40 pm »

While we might not need more children, a second son would be good insurance. Even though our dynasty does not have to stay in power to continue the game, a lasting dynasty would provide more stability. And better reflect the desires of Gezhugimiluk, I suppose.

A

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2022, 11:00:40 am »

A few days later, a renowned healer from a near village came to the palace to examine your wife. After a hour or so, he comes back to you, explaining he gave her herbs that should be taken on a regular basis. He then travels back to his village, where you can found him should you need him.

Only time will tell if his treatment his successful.

303 AC, Winter

The smugglers are still wrecking the bronze market. While your court starts asking questions, your steward and the merchants assure you it will be resolved by next year.

304 AC

As you anxiously wait behind your throne, numbers suddenly shift in the night.

Stability: =
Army: -
Treasury: =
Population: =

Although population has stopped to decline, you notice your stability and treasury are faltering, probably because of the turmoil in the trading system. This better be done in the next months!

304 AC, Spring

As you casually enquire on the water system of the city, half a dozen of priests enter and ask for an audience. By their garments, you recognize the clergy of Kenkidu, god of Knowledge and Wisdom.

"Vizir of the Gods, an estimate wandering Fate Seeker has come to visit Gedur. Would you welcome him for his time in our city?"

You agree, as it would obviously be of poor taste to refuse speaking to a high dignitary of Kenkidu's cult. You however quickly understand that the priests' visit was self-interested, as they make you understand the Fate Seeker could perform a divination for you.

A) Promise funds for Kenkidu's clergy in exchange
B) Offer a favor for a future time
C) Ask them what they would want
D) Agree to receive the Fate Seeker, but nothing more
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 08:27:40 am by Ixarys »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2022, 02:00:44 pm »

D

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2022, 03:07:21 pm »

I wouldn't mind some divination. Let's see what they'd like in return. If it's too exorbitant, we can still refuse.

C

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2022, 01:35:40 am »

C

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2022, 08:57:29 am »

One of the priests offers a large smile at your question.

"We all want many things. What we can have, however, is an entirely different matter."

He nods in self-satisfaction.

"Any quest for knowledge is worthy in the eyes of Kenkidu."

A) "Alright. Which one of you want to be the court's tutor?"
B) "Let's build a big towering library then"
C) *Jumps from his throne* "Did you just said... A quest?!"
D) "Yeeeeah, no. I’ll just talk with the Fate Seeker"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:25:05 am by Ixarys »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2022, 11:45:19 am »

The first option seems so harmless that I am extremely sceptical of it. Perhaps having a priest as a court tutor will result in our kids becoming zealots- notably a problem with our son, who might object to marrying the Namorian girl on the basis of religious differences.
While I don't like the adjective "towering", I feel like building a library is probably within our means. It also seems like the thing these priests would like most- the opportunity to study more. A famous library would also be beneficial for the city, as it might draw in more scholars who might have useful knowledge, and would enhance the city's prestige. We would have to keep an eye on the cost, but if the bronze taxes finally show up, we'll have cash to blow.

B

(I don't think our position is secure enough at the moment to risk dying on a quest)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2022, 05:47:38 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2022, 01:31:41 am »

B

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2022, 12:31:17 pm »

The first option seems so harmless that I am extremely sceptical of it.

Curses, my machiavellian plan has been unveiled!

The priests quietly cheers your announcement.

"Many thanks, estimated Tyrant. We will put a word to the Fate Seeker."

A few hours later, the Fate Seeker arrive in your palace. You welcome him in an annex next to the throne room.
The man is small, his skin incredibly crumpled in his dusted white clothes. While you can barely see his eyes, you can however admire his perfect dentition as he smiles. As he takes your hands, you found it mildly unsettling.

"An ambitious man, with great hopes for his city and his family. Beware, for one can be the downfall of the other."

As he finishes his sentence, his grip suddenly strengthens, his eyes closing.

"I can see your worries for the east, but do not forget the dangers that lie below. Old foes long forgotten will come. A tall creature from the west will come. Shall you allow him, his line will be intertwined with yours, for worst and better, until the dusk of your times."

He opens his eyes, looking straight through you.

"A ethereal being will take up residence in this very place. Woe to the blood of the one who would chase it. This is all I have to say."

He releases your hands, do a ritual bow and turns towards the exit, letting you puzzled.

304 AC, Summer

The time has come for your son Naram-gez to wed his betrothed! This is an important event, where all people of Gedur, elites and commoners alike, will participate in. Things like weddings are always great occasions to show the power and wealth of your house, which begs the question: how much are you ready to spend on it?

A) A big load of money, to impress our people and those of Tell Anak!
B) A normal expenditure for a noble weddings between high lords
C) Penny-wise spendings, to keep cash for more pressing matters
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13