Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk "the Warmaster" of Gedur!  (Read 9316 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM_CITY-STATE: Tyrant Gezhugimiluk of Gedur!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2022, 08:35:30 am »

I will point out that we aren’t exactly in a state where arrogance is warranted. Also, none of our heirs would pick Ged, since they would not be responsible for re-founding the city.

Hm, seems a reasonable way of thinking.

A  it is!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2022, 12:41:08 pm »

"Ged. Ged is good."

Some priests enthusiastically agree. The high priest gravely raises his voice.

"Thus our legendary founder will be your lord and protector for your reign. May you convince him of your worth  by that time. The ceremony will happen on the first moon of next year."

The priests ritually bow in unison before leaving in a single line.

301 AC, Autumn

"It's a girl, my lord!" proudly announces the midwife. She glances at the door, where Aktina and your new daughter are resting. "Your wife, however... She lost a lot of blood, and may need some times to recover.

As you rush inside, your wife smiles weakly. While pale, she reassures you on her health and hands you a small package of clothes.

"Tiamat."

You move aside some fabrics. Tiny blue eyes, blue as those of Aktina, look back at you.

301 AC, Winter

News from the east! After conquering the city of Tell Naviad last year, the Namorrians ruling the city of Zepat are moving south, towards its neighbor, Lugan. Things will hopefully stop there.

302 AC

Already the end of the year. How fast it went compared to the first one. Well, you didn't had your adrenaline rush by raiding your neighbor... From who you're still waiting for a reaction. Worrying...

You leave your throne room under heavy guard for the night. A quick glance confirms your believes:

Stability: =
Army: -
Treasury: -
Population: -

Nothing changed. Someone must have slippled through your palace last year! Troubled that someone could enter so easily in your palace, you order to double the patrols inside and near your bedchambers.

302 AC, Early Spring

Another concern comes to your mind. In a few days, the new moon will rise, and you will take part to the ritual biding you to Ged as your god-patron! Even though the ritual only asks the ruler to humility, no one can know how the god will respond. It is well considered to show your devotion and dedication through acts in the same time.

A) I will make lavish sacrifices in the name of Ged to be in his good graces!
B) I will offer wealth and privilege to the priests for a better support during ceremony!
C) I will launch the construction of a larger temple for Ged!
D) I won't do nothing. I believe in myself and my wits

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2022, 12:50:12 pm »

Our Treasury is somewhat low, so lavish sacrifices are iffy.
We rule through military might, so giving too much power to the priests is iffy. Besides, our Stability is fine, we don’t need their support that badly.
Our Population is somewhat low, so diverting labour to a big temple is iffy.
I think our personal stats are awe-inspiring enough (especially our high Knowledge) to pull off a good show without spending anything.

D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 12:52:27 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2022, 01:20:24 am »

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2022, 02:53:48 pm »

D

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2022, 04:24:46 pm »

Confident in your abilities, you decide to go to ceremony without any preparations. Ged will obviously see your worth... Right?

A few days later, you enter in the temple. A stocky building, the windowless room is lighten only by torches, with the air thicken both by smoke and incense.
The high priest, dressed in a splendid dress of immaculate white and deep blue starts singing in archaic gedurian, with lesser ecclesiastics chanting in echoes.

After a good fifteen minutes, a priest finally offers you a ceremonious headdress, in the form of a silver headband. You advance, ready to accomplish your part in the ritual.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well-versed into theology and ancient knowledge, you flawlessly goes through all ceremonious steps, going even as far as saying a few sentences in archaic gedurian as you offer bowls of food and water at the feet of the statue of Ged, where the god is to observe the ritual.
You froze for a second when you’re asked to kneel before the statue, but the priests are so impressed by your performance that nobody seems to notice.

By next day, rumors from the clergy only praise your display. Only time, however, will tell if Ged was as impressed as his clergy...

302 AC, Summer

A messenger arrived from Tell Anak! Its lord is inviting you and your family to the traditional river ceremonies that happen every five years in pure Namorrian traditions. This is an open offer to meet each other before the marriage between your son and his daughter next year, as well as an opportunity to discuss of political matters.

A) "Of course we will come!"
B) "I will go, but alone. I don’t want to left Gedur without any of Kutaz in the palace"
C) "I don’t feel like going outside. Maybe a next time!"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2022, 06:47:32 pm »

A Im sure things will be fine

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2022, 10:43:05 pm »

What’s the worst that could happen? Also, we don’t really have any reason not to bring our family, since the game is bound to the fate of the city, not our dynasty.
A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2022, 01:20:15 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2022, 10:08:57 am »

You enthusiastically declare that you will come in family at Tell Anak. Preparations start this very day so you can arrive on time at the celebration.

302 AC, Late Summer

After a few days of travel through shrub and dry lands, you arrive at Tell Anak, a modest city bordering another river arm of the region. While the city architecture is quite similar to yours, you notice hints of the siege that happened a year or two ago, which propelled the Namorrian dynasty as the new rulers.

Namorrians easily distinguish themselves from the regular urban population. They are generally taller, paler, with dark and frizzy hair. Of militaristic ethos, the lord of Tell Anak welcomes you alongside two ranks of Namorrians warriors, apparently nobles from his followers. The lord himself is a chubby, but strong man with a long and groomed beard, who warmly greets you.
After the usual salutations, he explains that the rituals are planned for tomorrow, but a feast is prepared for this evening.

When the night comes, your family is seated as honored guests of the lord, his wife and his four children. Your son and his future wife were shrewdly placed next to each other so they can get to know themselves. The girl, still a teenager, is roughly a year or two older than Naram-gez, is quite thin and short. From what you can tell, however, she's quite quick and well-rounded.

While your respective wives try to lead the conversation with the fiancees, your host starts speaking, while still looking at your son and his daughter's direction.

"While this meeting is a great occasion for everyone to know each other, I have more... Direct concerns. Namely Zepat."

You nods. Indeed, Tell Anak is not so far from Zepat.

"Lugan is my direct neighbor in the north. Should it falls... I might be the next." He looks straight at you. "We're both freshly new leaders. We will need each other."

A) "Good thing we think the same"
B) "A defensive pact? Why not a full alliance?"
C) "Eeh, can't we talk about dowry and trade deals instead?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2022, 10:25:32 am »

We do eventually need to slow the invasions. While we don’t have much strength right now, and so don’t want to get dragged into an offensive war, a defensive pact is a good idea. Besides slowing the invaders in Zepat, it would also shore up our own security. The only downside is that siding with Namorrians might be considered in poor taste by native rulers, but we already agreed to a political marriage.

A

Hopefully there will be time to discuss trade later as well. While we aren’t in a position to demand a large dowry, beneficial trade relations would help restore our economy, indirectly filling our treasury.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2022, 06:19:05 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2022, 12:50:59 am »

A

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2022, 02:12:45 pm »

Your interlocutor has a large smile.

"Good thing indeed!"

He however frowns as noisy sounds comes from the opposite side of the table. In the span of a few minutes, his daughter and your son Naram-gez apparently did the feat of bickering on a random topic. As the tone rises, your wife throws you a worried glance.
The Namorrian lord keeps silent.

Next day, after you and you wife profusely tell your son about prince's duties, you are invited to the river ceremony at midday. It happens in the trail bordering the city. Many Namorrians are here, as well as some curious subjects.
The ceremony includes many dances and songs, with plentiful use of cymbals. The priests, or druids of Namorrian clergy come with their elaborated fur coats and headdresses, carrying a huge tray loaded with food. Once waist-deep, they drop the tray, letting it taken away by the current, before it finally sunks a few meters away.

"This is an offering to the river spirits. They may dwell in our natives mountainous lands, but some might travel this far. If we're lucky, one might..."

A sudden gasp from the crowd is followed by an awed silence. What starts as bubbles on the surface soon lifts, as if a geyser came up in the middle of the river. The water rises higher and higher, until it stops.
Then, the shape leaves no doubt. It’s humanoid.

Tell Anak’s lord gives you his brightest smile.

"Gods are smiling to us today, a Haaknar responded to our call."

The water in humanoid form stands still, if you can say so. The Namorrian lord turns towards you.

"Haaknars grant luck to those who worship them. It is usually up to the leader to formulate the wish, but I will let my guests on this occasion. May you take a wise decision," he cryptically ends.

A) "Bless the dynasty ruling this city!"
B) "May the future marriage of my son and your daughter a happy one!"
C) "May the marriage produces plentiful offspring!"
D) "Bless this soil with fertility!"
E) "May the floods be minimal in the next years!"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2022, 03:54:15 pm »

B is probably the best since it and C are seemingly the only options that benefit both of us with B being the not too selfish not too humble option. (Plus its just a nice thing to wish for in general)

More thoughts: also its my bet that A is gonna backfire if another dynasty who hates us takes over, D is gonna flood the place and, E is gonna lead to a drought I cant see how B can backfire unless they do something really stupid or they pull a romeo and juliet should our relationship with this king end up souring
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 03:57:29 pm by Fluffe9911 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13