Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26046 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Final Four
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2022, 04:12:39 am »

Quote from: Jim Groovester
During Day 2 EuchreJack votes BluarianKnight twice but the votes don't seem serious and don't go anywhere.

But remember, EuchreJack before he was found out, NEVER voted against TrickMagic once. Jack even voted for me, who everyone in the game so far has read me as Town, at least one time.. and also pivoted slight contention that I could have been Mafia.. That's really bizarre.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2022, 06:54:53 am »

Hmm.. this is just some insane spit-balling, and I know it's kinda cheesy to keep putting pinpoints at you, Jim.. but I think it slightly coincides with a developing theory on why there was no kill by Mafia on N3. And I still suspect you the least, since my Inspect confirmed you as Town, but something is still grumbling in my head:

(Also, I'd like to preface that this innately is a poor theory, due to it contradicting my predilections the whole time that Jim Groovester didn't have Redirect but was lying about his actual role).

What if the reason for why there was no kill last night, was that Jim Groovester had to Redirect my Inspect on someone else (either TricMagic or BluarianKnight) who was Town, since I heavily choregraphed that I was going to Inspect him on N3? Even though I didn't out right say it during the course of D3, all my secondary allegations were on Jim.

Since doing a kill action within itself is a single action, Jim theoretically had to choose between either killing me to silence a chance of him being revealed as Mafia (remember, this is all hypothetical) or manipulate my Inspect on someone else (i.e Redirect my Inspection) to secure a confirmation as "Town", since I stated that I'd reveal on D4 my Inspection results.

But again, this is a poor theory and just me frantically trying to understand why the now solo-Mafia didn't attempt a kill at all.

I'm still leaning toward TricMagic being Mafia, then BluarianKnight due to what Jim Groovester is saying, and I suspect Jim Groovester the least.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2022, 07:19:34 am »

It's interesting to note that when I unintentionally jumped the gun and voted EuchreJack (jumped the gun, because I didn't see our votes on D3 would have been much permanent, until much later. If I did, I would not have voted EuchreJack so early, even though I heavily suspected him the most) BluarianKnight has stopped posting altogether.. and your point about their general precipitatiously low activity is a good point as well...

But could there be a smidgen of truth to what BluarianKnight has been saying so far? BluarianKnight has been consistent in claiming that their role has a roleblocker ability. What makes me believe them further, some what, is the fact that they mentioned they indirectly/accidentally got Knightwing64 killed by roleblocking his Auto-Revive ability.

If Knightwing 64 didn't have his role blocked on N2, he would have been present with us in D3.

Generally, this Auto-Revive ability seemingly generated for him after I used my Steal ability on his "Late Arrival" ability; which was an ability that Auto roleblocked you... or maybe he had the Auto-Revive ability the whole time, and the Auto-Blocker was in place to ensure he was at least killable on N1 for balance reasons?

To refocus all this in general, there is a high percentage of truth in BluarianKnight claiming to be a "Necromancer" with an ability to Block people; as well as vote beyond the grave if dead.

So far, Jim Groovester has only claimed to have Redirect as their main ability. BluarianKnight's main ability is Roleblocking. My main one was Inspection, but it's gone now.. TricMagic claims to have three (3) 1-Use abilities, which so far, only one exists for him now: a "Bus" ability. His "Super Protect" he mentioned he used on Jim and his 1-use Redirect was apparently used on EuchreJack; a Redirect TricMagic has yet to reveal WHO he redirected EuchreJack toward.

You might have missed it, but it was to Oliver. But BK blocking me means Jack was no longer free from suspicion. Hence why I Thunderdomed them in the first place, a roleblock no one can see is way to suspicious, since it can't be verified directly.

Last night I used my Bus on Blue and myself. (I hid that detail, mostly cause I wanted to draw the kill to me.) My question is, can Mafia have their kill redirected onto them? I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2022, 07:35:17 am »

Guess I'm stumped now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2022, 07:39:37 am »

My question is, can Mafia have their kill redirected onto them? I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Is this a question for me?  Because the answer is, barring extra Abilities, yes, since it follows Standard Action Resolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2022, 11:48:00 am »

During Day 2 EuchreJack votes BluarianKnight twice but the votes don't seem serious and don't go anywhere.

But remember, EuchreJack before he was found out, NEVER voted against TrickMagic once. Jack even voted for me, who everyone in the game so far has read me as Town, at least one time.. and also pivoted slight contention that I could have been Mafia.. That's really bizarre.

Yes, and?

Regardless of what EuchreJack did or didn't do regarding TricMagic nothing TricMagic does to EuchreJack makes sense if they're on a scum team together.

What if the reason for why there was no kill last night, was that Jim Groovester had to Redirect my Inspect on someone else (either TricMagic or BluarianKnight) who was Town, since I heavily choregraphed that I was going to Inspect him on N3? Even though I didn't out right say it during the course of D3, all my secondary allegations were on Jim.

Since doing a kill action within itself is a single action, Jim theoretically had to choose between either killing me to silence a chance of him being revealed as Mafia (remember, this is all hypothetical) or manipulate my Inspect on someone else (i.e Redirect my Inspection) to secure a confirmation as "Town", since I stated that I'd reveal on D4 my Inspection results.

Why do I choose this option versus killing you and not having to deal with you or your inspect results at all?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2022, 12:49:43 pm »

Why do I choose this option versus killing you and not having to deal with you or your inspect results at all?

Because like I mentioned, it would be a "confirmation" of you being "Town". A confirmation, that if you're Mafia, would skirt all the previous interest I put on you on D3. You would have definitely desired such a confirmation; especially even after BluarianKnight and TricMagic began to both agree of suspecting you and EuchreJack being joint Mafia.

So it's Jim, or you Jack.

Actually, if I used my deadvote ability to cause a tie, my pick would be picked.

So, LYLO being dead would've had benefit, but, bleh.

Fuck. Honestly?

I'm between Jack or Jim.

Killing me would put you in extremely dangerous territory, as you'd have two Towns who would potentially pile onto you:

The one who disclosed they can reveal alignment, who was (not so-subtly) leading on D3 that they would Inspect you, finding you the second-most suspect, suddenly dies, without a chance of revealing their results on D4?

Keeping me alive and using me as lynchpin (no pun intended) to confirm you as "Town" would be an exemplary strategy. It coincides with you claiming you have the Redirect ability this entire game (an ability I initially believed you were lying about). Just simply Redirect me to someone who's Town (either TricMagic or BluarianKnight, doesn't matter), and your alignment would deceptionally show up as Town, even though that's not the true case at all.

...It's just a miscellaneous working theory, however, on why no N3 kill took place at all. And remember.. theories are just theories..

On a self-critique of it alone, I think it falls apart somewhat, because wouldn't a Redirect action just tell me the alignment of someone else entirely and not say anything about Jim Groovester at all? Although, that alone would skyrocket my previous heavy suspicions I had on Jim Groovester even more, as the Inspect I deliberately positioned at him suddenly goes to someone else I didn't target at all.

Though overall, on concerns of my self-critique; it could be a case of where this the first time I'm encountering someone use a Redirect on an Inspect, and since I'm a such a newb, I don't know how Redirect and Inspect interact; in comparison of how Redirects have been working on other abilities thus far in this game.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 3: Eliminate Or Lose
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2022, 01:33:01 pm »

I also find another thing strange:

I think it's BK here.

Unless Lidku is a psychopath and hated EuchreJack there's basically no way he's scum. I'd be very surprised if TricMagic is scum and if he is then he's playing a hell of a game.

I did nothing; there was no good choice to redirect the night kill to.

My deepest apologizes, Jim Groovester. You're actually Town...

I really wish it didn't take a role result for you to come to this conclusion. Ideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally you would've been able to read me as town based on what I've been doing and how I've been interacting with others.

You mention that you opted not to use your Redirect ability at all on N3. I just find that mentioned factor strange, considering you had no qualms of using it on BluarianKnight before on N2 at EuchreJack.

If that was honestly the true case, then Knightwing64 has an auto-ability that revives him once killed. BluarianKnight mentions that one of their abilities is tagged as Block. The Block would transfer to EuchreJack and then Knightwing64 would just be revived, culminating on the predication BluarianKnight mentioning they used their ability on Knightwing64 on N2.

Another lie from you Jim..

This one has a straightforward explanation.

Roleblocks are priority 3 compared to redirections' priority 4, so the roleblock happens first. I was trying to redirect the nightkill from one suspect to another.

More to come.

My leading question to all this, considering the fact as of late you heavily putting suspicions on BluarianKnight:

Why did you not just Redirect BluarianKnight to TricMagic, making him a "sacrificial lamb" so to speak, as to definitively prove BluarianKnight was Mafia? Since we successfully eked out EuchreJack as Mafia on D2 and no longer in Eliminate-or-Lose territory, we were no longer at risk anymore. A N3 kill was expected, it was just a matter of whom.

A Town-aligned strategy would have just been to Redirect BluarianKnight to kill TricMagic as a sacrifice, while just allowing me to Inspect and just touch-base on you being Town. A confident Town Jim Groovester would not have been worried about me Inspecting them at all, just focusing on gaining hard evidence on the Mafia (Redirect confirming the killer + Lidku definitively revealing alignment as Town. Also, let's all remember that I unintentionally heavily choregraphed that I was going to Inspect Jim Groovester).

Then you could've just as easily afterward, bomb-shell revealed that you Redirected BluarianKnight toward TricMagic, thus achieving a Town victory by then securing a vote on the confirmed Mafia.

Redirecting suspected Mafia to a fellow Townie for experimentation seems to be a valid strategy, as TricMagic was experimenting on Redirecting EuchreJack to Oliverz144 before, to see if they were Mafia on N1.

In a choice between either sacrificing me or TricMagic for Mafia revelatory-experimentation, TricMagic would have been the logical choice out of the pair, since I disclosed I had Inspection; and theoretically in terms of considering you Town by that margin; could have hard-confirmed that you were Town, and cleared all doubts of previous suspicions and accusations pointed toward you..

Instead.. if we take into account my theory on why no N3 kill took place, you had to devise a way to remove suspicion on you another way. So instead of sticking to your conviction toward BluarianKnight if you were Town-aligned, you had to Redirect my Inspection on either TricMagic or BluarianKnight for me to confirm you as "Town"...

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2022, 01:44:54 pm »

I just wish BluarianKnight was more active in all of this.. They haven't said peep in awhile..

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2022, 01:55:49 pm »

I want BK to post but if they don't by tomorrow I'm probably just going to cast my vote.

i have invented an entire imaginary world that lets me suspect you

Humoring you at all about hypotheticals was a mistake. I am not going to do it anymore. Go fall into rabbit holes on your own.

You are becoming a liability. You will not be able to make a clear headed decision and this will lose us the game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2022, 02:02:20 pm »

That's why I've decided to vote last, or at least closest second-to-last, instead of jumping the gun and voting first like I did last time. I want to see what the others have to definitively say.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2022, 03:05:31 pm »

I have a question: do Blocks abilities Block against Kill actions?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2022, 03:17:40 pm »

I have a question: do Blocks abilities Block against Kill actions?
Yes, but the more likely scenario is they just didn't bother to do a kill cause that would given town information. So Blue is mostly waiting and hoping we tear each other apart first. Which isn't actually happening, right?

Roleblocking a kill does mean it doesn't go off. Blue could have come in at start of day and said they roleblocked someone. But my bus ability would make that extremely risky to pull off.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2022, 03:22:41 pm »

Actually, no. I've just been busy.

I roleblocked Jim last night. Why? Because looking between my three options..

Tric, as stated earlier, is too aggressive in my eyes, and I've blocked him before to little success.

I think Lidku is too new to be doing this well as pretending to be town - it feels genuine townplay.

So, that left Jim, who.. well, is the best player out of the four of us. If there was someone I'd genuinely not be able to read, it'd be him.

So, I blocked him.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2022, 03:26:12 pm »

My deepest apologizes, Jim Groovester. You're actually Town...

Also, just because Jim voted Euchre, that does not mean he's town. Euchre was voted first - when there were two votes, it was clear it'd be impossible for Euchre and Jim (if it is Jim) to hammer someone down. They need one town vote, and Euchre and Jim voting together at that point would have done nothing, especially since I was gone the entirety of D3.

Also - Jim doing nothing? The one night when he's roleblocked?
I don't think that. I think he tried a night kill and failed.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27