Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 11948 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 1
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2022, 04:15:03 pm »

I rather hope hitting scum is what we are about today. Since if we hit town there really is no guarantee they will be town tomorrow.

Also resent the fact that cause I'm voting Roden it can't be Roden webadict.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Pre-Game
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2022, 04:22:21 pm »

Day 1 will end on June 2nd at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 5.5 hours from now.

webadict -     0:
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        2: TricMagic, Vector,
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       3: EuchreJack, webadict, Roden,

Not voting: Knightwing64,
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2022, 04:24:05 pm »

Vector

Trust in web

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2022, 04:27:06 pm »

9_9 BAH!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2022, 04:27:57 pm »

That's hammer.

I'll end the day in a few hours when I get off work.

No more discussion, please.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Pre-Game
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2022, 06:28:04 pm »

The Headhunter: Night 1

"Jim," Knightwing64 spoke up. "We've decided."

Jim turned in his chair to the executives. "Very well."

The executives reported their votes one by one. Four for Vector, two for Roden.

"I am obviously not happy about this." Vector stated.

"How will you verify that Vector is the Headhunter?" TricMagic asked.

"Just, uh, let me worry about that." Jim signaled to his assistants and stood up from his chair. One of the assistants left the room and returned a few moments later ushering in the Head of Security. Jim motioned the Head of Security closer and had a hushed conversation. As they talked they looked at Vector.

The Head of Security nodded, having received his instructions and left.

Jim sat back down and picked up his glass of scotch.

"Well?" webadict asked.

"Oh." Jim said. "We're going to wait until he comes back."

The executives groaned.

An hour of impatient, awkward silence passed when the Head of Security returned. He whispered into Jim's ear. Jim grit his teeth and shook his head.

"I'd like to congratulate you on a job well done." Jim launched into a tirade. "Just absolutely bang up work. Security found no evidence that Vector is the Headhunter. Just absolutely outstanding. Pat yourselves all on the back for that one. It's any wonder this company has had any success at all with such competent leadership like you sitting before me."

Jim headed to the exit. "I'll see you all tomorrow at six, sharp. We're going to pick up right where we left off."

The executives leaned back in exhaustion or cradled their head in their hands or slumped in their chairs or rested their heads on the table before slowly filtering out of the conference room.

webadict -     0:
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        2: TricMagic, Vector,
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       4: EuchreJack, webadict, Roden, Knightwing64,

Not voting:

Vector has received the most votes.

Vector is TOWN.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end on June 3rd at 22:00 CDT (AKA forum time), or earlier if I feel like it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Night 1
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2022, 08:53:11 am »

The Headhunter: Day 2

The exhausted executives shambled back into the conference room, finding an energetic Jim Groovester already waiting inside.

"It's a wonderful day, isn't it?" Jim asked, looking out the window to the morning sun.

"You had Security trash my office, Jim!" Vector complained.

"I did." Jim admitted. "But now I and everyone else know that you were loyal to the company. So overall I think it was worth it."

Vector scoffed.

The executives took their seats.

"Before we get started," Jim said, sitting down. "The custodial staff told me that one of you was sneaking around here late at night leaving offer letters from Mephansteras Industries at desks. I'm stunned about how brazen the Headhunter is being, but I should hardly be surprised given who I'm working with."

"It's safe to say that there are now two of you trying to poach the rest of you." Jim continued. "If it gets to three, I will no longer have confidence that this process will produce legitimate results, and I will be forced to treat you all as if you are the Headhunter."

"So, let's get started." Jim snapped his fingers. His assistants rolled in a catered breakfast. "But it wouldn't do to do this on an empty stomach."

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end on June 5th at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 61 hours from now.

webadict -     0:
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        0:
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       0:

Not voting: webadict, EuchreJack, TricMagic, Roden, Knightwing64, Vector

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 2
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2022, 09:22:12 am »

Wow, and I'm not even recruited. Bummer.

Knightwing, why shouldn't I vote you?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2022, 09:43:44 am »

Webadict is a good place to start.
FOS on Roden

Tric is cleared, since I wasn't recruited.  I am 99% sure if Tric were the Cult Leader, I would have been recruited.

Wow, and I'm not even recruited. Bummer.

Knightwing, why shouldn't I vote you?
A nice bold start Webadict, but why Knightwing?

Sorry Vector.  I should have listened to you more, I guess.  Even though you might have been recruited, I'm hoping not to make that mistake again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2022, 10:02:17 am »

Because Knightwing never hammers as Town there, and doesn't believe in me enough to blind faith believe. Check Warplant Mafia for better Knightwing hammering.

But yes, Roden did pop into my mind as a potential vote target. It just feels a bit too soon to go down that rabbit hole just yet, especially since I'm probably everyone's #1 concern. But, I would like everyone to realize that the best I can be is the recruited player, and that voting me is a loss for Town... unless you get recruited, in which case, huzzah!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2022, 10:42:34 am »

Just as a basic read before I go shopping... Jack is town. Webadict stuck his neck out for that, though scum-web might also do that. Vector is either Town or Convert, but neither matters since we'd be guessing to vote out a cult-ally, and have the same issue tomorrow but with an added chance of hammers. So it's between Roden and Knightwing for me. Still think it's Roden, though Knightwing hasn't helped much with the low-content posts. Just reads given reason after a push.

Will read over things once I get back.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2022, 11:17:19 am »

What the hell? I voted vector because I trusted your judgement web, which was obviously a bad decision.

Unbelievable that I’m being blamed for this.

Vote me, do it. I dare you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2022, 12:30:13 pm »

Knightwing, I have to question how this is a reason. Sheeping web is only a good strategy if you think he's town. And if that was the case you'd be focusing on others, like me for example. As is it's just poor showing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2022, 12:39:52 pm »

What the hell? I voted vector because I trusted your judgement web, which was obviously a bad decision.

Unbelievable that I’m being blamed for this.

Vote me, do it. I dare you.
I... am voting you?

But that's not the point. The point is that you're making yourself unaccountable for your actions. If you'd like to say there was ample evidence, that's different. But you're not. You're saying that I believed it, so you blindly put your faith in me.

Why did you put your faith in me like that?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2022, 02:20:57 pm »

👁👄👁

Accountable? For what? Voting the obviously acting suspect person like literally everybody else did?

Because Knightwing never hammers as Town there

You’re voting me because I hammered? That must be the worst, quickly thought up bullshit excuse I’ve ever heard.

And the crazy part is, if you were actually town web, you would know that argument was bullshit because I would never read deeply enough into the rules to actually know how many vote are needed to hammer.

NOT only that, but your reasoning doesn’t even hold water. You wouldn’t even know what my hammering tendencies were like because you’re basing me on like the FIRST or second game of mafia I’ve EVER played. You’re basing your reasoning on a outdated assumption.

Why would I believe in you? Because  Y O U  A R E  F U C K I N G  W E B A D I C T, You are legit the smartest person I know, I literally always follow your instructions unless you were acting very suspicious.

Come on guys, you know better then this, at least, I hope you do.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12