Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 11981 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 1
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2022, 05:06:31 pm »

To be fair, you haven't really posted much of interest Knightwing. Is that a scum-tell or a null-tell?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2022, 05:07:48 pm »

I town read Knightwing simply because he's playing atm, I think he would be terrified to be solo scum with no day powers and that it would reflect in his posts.

Jack is a semi-confident read, his tone is what I tend to read him off of though I now he has the capability to blend in with town under certain circumstances. Jack is harder to read when multiple factions are in play, and I think he can also pull off a solo scum game if he were to use a similar mindset.

Tric I actually do have a slight town lean on, but I wanted to know how Web would react if I left it to him to solidify that town read. If he's the Cult Leader,  he doesn't want the PoE to shrink to just three players, so it makes sense for him to find Tric suspicious and then shade me for my posts. I think town!Web would be more likely to question the quality of the strategy and explain what could go wrong.

So I think at this point, Web is a good choice.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »

To be fair, you haven't really posted much of interest Knightwing. Is that a scum-tell or a null-tell?
I think he's posted enough to come off as town at this point. I think a reads list from him would help everyone understand where his head is though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2022, 05:21:27 pm »

I town read Knightwing simply because he's playing atm, I think he would be terrified to be solo scum with no day powers and that it would reflect in his posts.

Jack is a semi-confident read, his tone is what I tend to read him off of though I now he has the capability to blend in with town under certain circumstances. Jack is harder to read when multiple factions are in play, and I think he can also pull off a solo scum game if he were to use a similar mindset.

Tric I actually do have a slight town lean on, but I wanted to know how Web would react if I left it to him to solidify that town read. If he's the Cult Leader,  he doesn't want the PoE to shrink to just three players, so it makes sense for him to find Tric suspicious and then shade me for my posts. I think town!Web would be more likely to question the quality of the strategy and explain what could go wrong.

So I think at this point, Web is a good choice.
::)

Uh, what?

The PoE did shrink to three players??? TricMagic is covered by EuchreJack, who is solidly Town??? I trust Euchre to be able to solidly read TricMagic and Maximum Spin for me. It's just easier because they have quirks that make them look scummy to me, and I've derailed entire games to ensure that Tric was Town, which helps no one?

Is the PoE NOT three players by that logic??? What the actual fuck? In fact, I was solidly willing to let it get to TWO players: Me and Vector??? What?!?

Am... Am I somehow missing some key logistical factor?

... Now I'm just. Don't have words. hua... Should expect that at this point. Don't trust you, but do trust that Jack is town according to you. If you're town, then Jack is town. If you're scum, Jack is town. If Roden is confusing me, Jack is town. So I think we can cross him off the list, since I think this is Town Jack too.
Exactly. You can trust that I think Jack and Knight are Town precisely because I'm either Town or I'm scum and therefore they can't be scum. I trust Euchre to be able to identify if you're Town or not. It's pointless.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2022, 05:27:38 pm »

...[H]e doesn't want the PoE to shrink to just three players, so it makes sense for him to find Tric suspicious and then shade me for my posts. I think town!Web would be more likely to question the quality of the strategy and explain what could go wrong.
Requires citations.

Here's some info:
Personally, Knightwing and Euchre already look Town, so I've removed them for now. TricMagic looks a little suspicious, but I'll take Euchre's word on them
INCOR-REKT!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2022, 05:32:05 pm »

So, my thinking is that we vote Vector if Vector fails to respond, or we analyze Vector's next post if they do respond.
But feel free to keep poking Web.  From my POE, it's probably one of Vector or Web.

Spoiler: Tric's Eyes Only (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2022, 05:33:14 pm »

So, Roden and you are the PoE. Roden did seem like his Town self, but I was, perhaps, a bit too skeptical that he was scum, which is probably just good ol' fashioned paranoia.
This is me, definitely making a PoE that's greater than 3.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2022, 05:34:55 pm »

It's like I sometimes play games in other dimensions! If you're going to call me scum, at least do it properly!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2022, 05:47:15 pm »

Um, someone asked for my reads sooooooo

Town:
Knightwing64
Webadict

Townish:
Tric

? ? ?:

EuchreJack
Roden

Scummy?
Vector

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2022, 05:54:32 pm »

Town:
Knightwing64
Webadict

Townish:
Tric

? ? ?:

EuchreJack
Roden

Scummy?
Vector

Good reads list!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2022, 06:05:46 pm »

Town:
Knightwing64
Webadict

Townish:
Tric

? ? ?:

EuchreJack
Roden

Scummy?
Vector

Good reads list!

Thanks!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2022, 06:50:32 pm »

Would recommend putting reason on it.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2022, 06:50:47 pm »

Alright Web, it look like I misread your posts then. What happens if we flip Vector and they end up flipping green?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2022, 06:51:30 pm »

Town:
Knightwing64
Webadict

Townish:
Tric

? ? ?:

EuchreJack
Roden

Scummy?
Vector

What's unreadable about Jack and myself to you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2022, 06:57:50 pm »

Alright Web, it look like I misread your posts then. What happens if we flip Vector and they end up flipping green?
If they flip green, and it's SOMEHOW not you, then... Uh... One of the other three got really good, really fast. I, personally, don't think it'd be EuchreJack or Knightwing... Or TricMagic? Like, I know I said Tric's a bit suspicious, but... I am biased by EuchreJack. See, EuchreJack can't lie about Tric, for the same reason I can't lie about Euchre or Knightwing. Either I'm Town and read them Town, or I'm scum and they're 100% Town.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12