Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 11921 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 2
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2022, 06:29:54 pm »

Eh, maybe? I guess they were acting weird, but I don’t really trust u anymore

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2022, 06:34:00 pm »

Then vote them, pressure them. You're in this mess in the first place cause you were the hammer vote and didn't contribute much on day one. It looks very lurky. Of the PoE, is it Web or Roden? Or do you believe it's outside the PoE, being me or Jack. If you don't trust Web, look and piece together details.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2022, 07:38:10 pm »

Then vote them, pressure them. You're in this mess in the first place cause you were the hammer vote and didn't contribute much on day one. It looks very lurky. Of the PoE, is it Web or Roden? Or do you believe it's outside the PoE, being me or Jack. If you don't trust Web, look and piece together details.
^This.

Listen, I already knew I was gonna be in it deep. The problem here is that I'm willing to vote Roden. Personally, I think Jack and Tric are probably clear, and if I'm wrong, well then done fooled me. Vector seems legit. It's Knightwing and Roden for me... And I'm not sure which one's the right vote. But, I'm in on Roden if you guys are, because I have no reason not to, other than I might lose if it's Knightwing.

See... If Knightwing was Cult Leader, then they culted Roden because they wanted someone high profile that was less likely to be voted. Knightwing DIDN'T recruit me because I probably looked bad.

... It's... Doable, but not exactly what I figured.

If Roden was Cult Leader, then they culted Knightwing to act as a decoy. It's... Actually very plausible. Knightwing looked very suspicious due to the hammer, and going after Knightwing makes sense. Thinking about it... That might be a good idea.

... Vector, Tric, and Euchre (and Knight, why not!), I'm going to vote Roden now, putting him at L-1. Is there a reason why you think I shouldn't?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2022, 07:41:42 pm »

Eh, either you or Roden is scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2022, 07:45:21 pm »

Other than be very wary? That said, if you're town it makes sense to vote the other PoE n this instance. Knightwing really isn't putting up a good showing. Though that really only applies if you aren't culted yourself.

Stressful given I still can't read you one way or the other.

Ninknightwing.

You had best be very sure of yourself. Is it web, or is it Roden?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2022, 07:57:41 pm »

Knightwing is following the obvious Cult-ally strategy of waffling and not voting, since Cult-ally does not know who recruited them.

It's your ball Web.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2022, 07:59:37 pm »

I….

Think….

Webadict

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2022, 08:10:45 pm »

lol, that probably proves that Knightwing might've been trying to gauge whether I recruited him or not.

Roden.

Whelp, game's in confirmation mode now!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Night 1
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2022, 08:13:25 pm »

"Just fucking admit to being the Headhunter already!" Vector shouted at Roden.

"Can't admit to something I'm not." Roden replied, brushing off the accusation.

"It wasn't Vector yesterday, so it has to be you today, Roden!" TricMagic shouted.

"It's the only explanation!" EuchreJack agreed.

"I believed you last night, webadict, but that was clearly a mistake!" Knightwing64 angrily said.

"I don't see how that's my fault." webadict replied.

Jim chewed on a croissant and sipped some coffee. He beamed as the discussion started quickly and intensely today.

It is Day 2. Day 2 will end on June 5th at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 50 hours from now.

webadict -     1: Knightwing64,
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        3: Vector, EuchreJack, webadict,
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       0:

4 to hammer

Not voting: TricMagic, Roden,
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2022, 08:14:26 pm »

Roden

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2022, 08:14:55 pm »

That's hammer.

Stand by for the end of Day 2.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Night 1
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2022, 08:47:29 pm »

The Headhunter: Game Over

As the accusations fly and chaos rules the conference room, TricMagic locks eyes with EuchreJack. "I need you to take a look at something." TricMagic said, opening up his briefcase and sliding a piece of paper over to EuchreJack. "For when this whole Headhunter business is resolved, that is."

EuchreJack begins reading the paper as his eyes widen.

"I don't think we need to keep this going on for any longer." TricMagic spoke up, addressing the rest of the executives. "I think we all know the Headhunter is Roden."

"I agree." Vector said. "I believe all the evidence strongly points to Roden being the Headhunter."

webadict and EuchreJack nodded in agreement.

Jim stood up. "Very we-"

Jim paused as EuchreJack caught his eye. EuchreJack pulled out a pen and signed a piece of paper. Across the table from EuchreJack was TricMagic smiling smugly.

The strength in Jim's legs left him as he collapsed into his chair. "Under my nose...." He muttered. "Right in front of me...."

TricMagic stood up and grabbed his briefcase. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had enough of this." He nodded to Vector and EuchreJack in turn. "Shall we?"

Vector and EuchreJack quickly assembled their belongings.

"You are all fired." Jim said quietly, defeated.

"I expected as much." TricMagic said, walking towards the door. "Mephansteras Industries will be reaching out to the rest of you shortly." He said to the remaining executives.

TricMagic, Vector, and EuchreJack walked out of the conference room.

Jim lifted his head and looked at the stunned faces of webadict, Roden, and Knightwing64. "You're fired!" Jim raged. "Get out!"

The three executives silently departed the conference room.

webadict -     1: Knightwing64,
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        4: Vector, EuchreJack, webadict, TricMagic,
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       0:

Not voting: Roden,

Roden has received the most votes.

Roden is TOWN.

TricMagic, Cult Leader, converts EuchreJack.

The Cult Team, TricMagic, Vector, and EuchreJack, have won!

The Town Team, webadict, Knightwing64, and Roden have lost!

Spoiler: Setup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2022, 08:51:07 pm »

Oof, the spite/meme recruit happened lol

Called the Vector recruit though

Not sure why the day got rushed but GG, I applaud Tric for the improvement on his scum play

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2022, 08:51:27 pm »

That's game. Couldn't have done it without ya Jack. And Vector's post came out swinging too.

Lurk like a duncing spider, noisy enough to draw attention, but be thought harmless.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2022, 08:52:03 pm »

That was pretty funny to watch. Glad webadict got in instead of me. Wouldn't have been the same without him.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12