Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh come on...  (Read 1374 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Oh come on...
« on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

I've been in the same world for longer than I've ever been, and there's a certain goblin tower of which I'm quite fond.  It's called Ivywraith, and it's a true beauty.  I've lost so many adventurers there that the swordmaster has a title:  Ber Ivorynightmare the Riddled Suffering of Jackals.

Now hold on a second here.  Why does the goblin get an awesome title, when my titles are stuff like "The Routed Savage of Habits".  Wtf?  That's not heroic, the routed part borders on anti-heroic.  Is there any way to change what words are used for titles?

EDIT:  He's epic too, just cut me in half.

EDIT EDIT:  Decapitated.  This guy's a beast.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:  OH SNAP!  I challenged him on my newest guy, traded blows for a bit, then he almost disemboweled me.  I thought it was over, but I kept fighting.  Then, out of nowhere, I cut off his sword-arm, and he loses consciousness.  Commence dismemberment.

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Re: Oh come on...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:01:00 pm »

Yeah, I had a mayor like that once...kept killing my adventurers, and I just wanted him to die...that's all, just a simple mayor.

So instead of attacking him, I proceeded to use my warhammer to propel children into him.  The fourth one killed him outright.  I figured it was cruel and unusual enough to warrant the genocide of the entire town.  I repeated the tactic against the town's spearmaster.  He only took three children.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 08:04:00 pm »

That's pretty epic.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

Uhh, I'm a little bit hesitant to believe that...   From my experience, "projectile people" will only knock over and stun something else, they won't do any real damage.

And it is actually possible to get halfway-decent names on an adventurer.  For instance, take one of my recent adventurers.  He started with only a custom first name, and earned everything else by killing named creatures.  Here's what he ended up with (excluding the first name):

"Gleamedblood the Cyclopean Dunes of Rhyming"

Okay, so it gets a little bit weird with the rhyming business in there, but the rest is still good!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

I suppose, I've never gotten a decent one unless I make my own custom title, enter Ragnar Carnagebeast the Man-Crusher.  So great, he got killed by a giant, I think.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

If you play as a goblin (either through your own mod or using MA+), you can end up with some rather cool titles.  Or, you can change around the symbol selection in the entity of your choice to get them picking the nice stuff.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dresdor:
<STRONG>Yeah, I had a mayor like that once...kept killing my adventurers, and I just wanted him to die...that's all, just a simple mayor.

So instead of attacking him, I proceeded to use my warhammer to propel children into him.  The fourth one killed him outright.  I figured it was cruel and unusual enough to warrant the genocide of the entire town.  I repeated the tactic against the town's spearmaster.  He only took three children.</STRONG>

That's not possible...

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:53:00 pm »

I got a good but cheesy title once, the Awe-inspiring Spy.
Also, just recently I got the Legendary Vestibule of Slaughter.
But for these two names there were at least ten weird ones in between like the Single Clasp of Circumstance(wtf?)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 01:44:00 am »

Theres a raw with lists of titles in it, I think. Most of them are fairly insulting and lame ones. At least, the female-specific titles are all insulting and derogatory, the male-specific ones seemed less so.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 05:03:00 am »

That's insults the megabeasts use when they talk about who they killed. I've added some to that for elves and dwarves.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 08:12:00 am »

It would have been rather easy to have killed your ultimate Goblin...

Just kill a Goblin Archer... (or any archer or crossbowmen)...

Then Throw the arrow/bolt into him... It is just as deadly as if you fired it.

Make sure to train up thrown first though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 08:20:00 am »

I don't use arrows on guys against whom I have a vendetta.  It takes away the satisfaction of finally beating them.
Shoes...

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 08:41:00 am »

Yeah, for people who are important like swordmasters and the like, using arrows just feels a bit cheap to me as well...I prefer having an heroic fight which will permanently cripple my adventurer, even if I win   :p

(Like the time a goblin master lasher or whatever there called kept killing my adventurers... I eventually killed him, but not before he whipped out one of my adventurers eyes)

[ May 31, 2008: Message edited by: Bricktop ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 08:47:00 am »

I think only once have I ever lost a body part and survived.  It was an eye.  Generally I only lose things against guys too powerful to escape, and if I lose something, I die a few seconds later.
Shoes...

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

I kept on losing eyes to wolves. I also kept on getting killed by wolves, but normally by a different pack.
Also, my mini-Beowulf is sub-titled "The Chaste Riddle of Gripping". And I thought all that wrestling was perfectly innocent.
Pages: [1] 2