Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [IC] The Seven Crowns ~  (Read 2400 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Seven Crowns ~
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2022, 08:56:07 am »

? ? ?

What? Box, no entry? Not possible, how would things get put inside, look for entry point, if it sees a door, mess with it and try to puzzle out a way to open and feast upon the insides of the boxes

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2022, 11:40:35 am »

? ? ?

Alas, although it was able to discern that doors could be used to enter the boxes, it did not know how to unlock them. More troubling was the fact that it was hungry again, fish were not very filling. It would not be long before its body began to deteriorate.

? ? ?

There's still more tree. However, something else. While it had seen at this point many small creatures it could put in its stomach, this was the first it had seen a large creature. Not just any large creature, one of its own kind. The other one had a completely blank white face that emitted strange sounds. It didn't know how it understood, but it understood the other one's sounds were a question. What the question was remained beyond its understanding, however.

Fa Fwu

The scratching, teleporting thing turned to its companions and said something to them. They all looked confused. Then it turned to the other of Fa Fwu's kind and spoke to it, receiving a shrug in response. After this odd display, it cupped its hands over its mouth and called out to Fa Fwu. "We have no idea what that means!" it said, "If you don't want to fight, would you mind putting your hands up in the air?"

Dnagravostinae

Vodi laughed. "More of a snack, dinner will be bigger."

Dnagravostinae actually understood most of that sentence at this point. It especially understood bigger.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2022, 01:01:13 pm »

Fa Fwu

Fa Fwu blinked a few times. Clearly there were brooms among them, yet they did not understand. More puzzling still was that it understood them perfectly. Unsure what else to do, it cocked its head and raised its hands. For all the world, they were like fiery wings as its hair continued to cloak them and its entire perched body, making it look closer to some immolating bird of prey than a humanoid. Yet despite that it held them there, making no motion to suggest it was about to flee.

"Like... this?" The crackling of fire was more subtle this time, though the unnatural volume of its voice remained. Even across the rooftops it was easy to see the haunting orange glow that filled its mouth, somehow so intense that even the fire that cloaked it could not compare.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 01:04:43 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2022, 02:23:40 pm »

? ? ?

After becoming increasingly desperate and hungry along with lots of door fiddling, ? ? ? Realized that there was a strange thing attached to the door and tried turning it. If this fails due to lack of IQ, just hit hit the door repeatedly till it breaks or someone answers.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2022, 02:39:02 pm »

? ? ?

Ooooh, a moving-thing? Yes, a moving-thing! And it inquires? What does it inquire?

It can feel the motion of the query - upward, expecting reaction? What goes up must come down. Yes, that sounds right. It has jumped before. The question is a leap, and it expects a downward response.

It does not know where the leap is to however, so how is the response meant to fall?

It vibrates restlessly and confusedly, wishing to provide resolution to the motion, but unable to.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2022, 08:12:34 am »

Dnagravostinae

"Bigger." It turned the words over in its head, now that it grasped them. Bigger, it meant more. Dinner was food, bigger was more - the Vodi was going to bring it even more food. "Bigger dinner," it affirmed. Dnagravostinae was aware that it was in a box, but as the box seemed to hold the promise of food - at least for the moment - it was content to stay there. Promises were good, that much it knew for certain. It wasn't really sure how, but it did, and thus it stayed, watching the Vodi with something resembling curiosity.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 12:47:01 pm »

? ? ?

Much to its dismay, the strange thing in question did not have any impact on the box's state of inaccessibility. It thought it heard something moving around inside in response to the banging. But nothing allowed it entry. A few minutes after it began banging, a loud siren suddenly began blaring all around it. The boxes lit up with light from holes in their upper halves and it could hear much more frantic movement all around it.

? ? ?

The blank faced one created more sounds that it could not understand, and then gestured with one of the swords it carried for the tree-hater to follow.

Fa Fwu

With similar speed to the first attack, the scratching thing launched forwards. In the blink of an eye, it was behind Fa Fwu. Somehow, as it had jumped overhead with impossible speed, the creature had placed some kind of binding around Fa Fwu's wrists. While inconvenient on its own, worse was the fact that the instant the binding latched on, Fa Fwu felt the fire inside it fade to little more than a whispering ember. It collapsed to the ground under the sudden weight of its own body, and rapidly realized that it had been captured.

"I'm sorry about that." The scratching thing said, "It's just a precaution to make sure you don't eat anyone while we sort this whole mess out."

It turned to call out to the others with it. "Coast is clear!"

The others all joined Fa Fwu and the scratching thing, although they took much longer to get there. The small winged creature inspected Fa Fwu's restraints briefly before asking in a high-pitch voice, "Hey, why don't we all introduce ourselves? Do you have a name yet?"

Dnagravostinae

As Vodi worked, Dnagravostinae began to smell dinner. Dinner smelled wonderful, more wonderful than the food Vodi had already shared. After a long while, Vodi finally placed a bowl with dinner in front of Dnagravostinae. "There you go, eat up." he said. Dnagravostionae got the distinct impression that Vodi was proud of dinner from his expression.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2022, 01:12:59 pm »

Fa Fwu
A roar of great displeasure emanated from it as the bindings clamped shut, ringing out through the night air like the keel of a fiery explosion. That roar soon died down to a feeble hiss of steam as the elemental looked up at its captors, its hair bristling around so that it now resembled- and sounded like -an agitated feline more than a glorious fire bird. It kept up that angry charade until it was finally asked for its name.
    "...Brooms call Fa Fwu." It answered after a few moments of thought.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 01:48:50 pm »

? ? ?

Somewhere to go? Somewhere to go!

Yes! Going is good, going is goodness! Much go, we are go.

They initiate go in the indicated going-direction.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2022, 06:14:43 am »

? ? ?

Noise good? Noise mean food, means food is here. Continue smashing. Take solace in the fact that if the prey see it, it wins. Let out a roar of excitement

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2022, 12:40:41 pm »

Dnagravostinae

It happily dug in, eating the food as if it were the most delicious it had ever seen. Because, well, it was. It paused to give Vodi a look. An attempt at expressing gratitude, but one it did not quite have the words for. This lasted only a moment before it continued to devour the sustenance placed before it. It moved the Vodi into the category of "things to not be eaten;" the Vodi had the ability to provide food far in excess of his small body, and something about the idea didn't seem quite right. It was not good to eat something that had given food to you.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2022, 11:04:43 am »

? ? ?

While it continued it's celebratory banging, a rather large hole suddenly appeared in its right abdomen. The apparent cause of this hole was a sphere of white flame that erased everything it touched instantly. The sphere winked out of existence as quickly as it appeared, and the now-injured creature felt its body begin to deteriorate. Trying to restore its lost flesh had burnt through the last of the meager reserves of energy it had gained from eating the fish, leaving it damaged and hungry. This was a very bad situation.

? ? ?

The white-faced one continued making noises as the traveler followed. And the traveler found more and more that it understood those noises. "I can see from the look on your face that you understand me now." the white-faced on said, "Tell me, young friend, what birthed you?"

Fa Fwu

"It's nice to meet you, Fa Fwu." the small creature said, "My name is Lulabee. Our leader there is Nyancy, but you should probably call her Boss so she doesn't get mad. The tall one is Eleanyor. And the Brooms are Vrum and Thuthu." Lulabee pointed to each person as she introduced them. "Those cuffs are a special binding I made that will restrict your access to Source until you meet the condition for unlocking them. Which, tee-hee, is a really nasty one, if you don't mind a little bragging." She winked and did a little pose. "I'll let Boss tell you all about that." She floated back over to her comrades to talk.

Once the group had stopped whispering to one another, Boss came over and knelt down in front of Fa Fwu. "Lula didn't give you too much trouble, did she?" she said, "She's an ornery one, even for a fairy." Boss smiled. "You want to start out this little interrogation by telling me what made you?"

Dnagravostinae

Vodi laughed a bit as Dnagravostinae ravenously downed its dinner. "You must have been famished." he said cheerfully, "Since you can't talk much and you're that hungery, you must have just been born. Where'd you come from? And how did you get all the way out here?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:07:21 am by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2022, 11:21:18 am »

Dnagravostinae

The Ziszih paused. It looked back up to the Vodi, turning over the words. Two questions. Answer them in the order presented.

Where did it come from?

Where did it come from? Dnagravostinae shrugged, then shook its head. It moved to the next question, only to encounter the same quandry. It could not provide any information about its origin. This was. . . bothersome. It shook its head again, then gave a questioning look to Vodi. 
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2022, 11:26:52 am »

Fa Fwu
"..." Fa Fwu stared up in uncertain silence. Could they really not take a guess, or was this a test? Even with the filaments of its mane doused, the vibrant coloration alone should've been a dead giveaway. Either way, it was quickly learning just how dangerous its prey truly was. To think they could go so far as to cut it off from what the very essence of its being...

"Fire." It eventually answered, its tone not unlike a child stating what they felt to be obvious. "Big Fire... Old broom wish for death... offer self to flames. Fa Fwu wake, Fa Fwu answer. Embrace old broom, try to embrace all brooms. Brooms run away though. Fa Fwu sit and ponder why. Then warriors come, Fa Fwu get curious.  Fa Fwu regret curious now."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:28:43 am by Stratos »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2022, 11:44:14 am »

? ? ?

Oooh, the sounds have clear destinations now! Yes, that is very nice, very helpful.

Where from? Hmn. They know where from. But is that the leap-question?
Nonono, it is... it is how from. How from is strange, how from is difficult. But maybe where from can help?

They look up at the hot-sky-origin point. Look away because it’s uncomfortable to send eyes that way. Try to figure out how to fall-respond.

“From tall. From very tall, on bright-hot place. Most tall there.” They indicate there. “Slightly before hot. Came here because too hot is bad, here looked nice. And want to see places.”
They thought about that for a moment, and tilt their head to the side.
“Yes, want to see places, want to go places. Want to go all places. All places good, important to see-go-travel all places. Also eat,” they add as an afterthought. “Eat nice, help go.”

They think for another moment.

“All places except only trees place good. Too much same things at only trees place, travel-go does not change see-places. Want to leave, see other places.”
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:45:53 am by Glass »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4