Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22132 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #345 on: July 03, 2022, 12:04:41 pm »

get a little farther away and vox our Allie’s about the situation.  If the team heads back, I will too.
“Do you think we should head out?”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 03, 2022, 12:43:11 pm »

Bahzil talks to the team through the vox.

We can either take our chances with the chimeras and have a shooting fight with the kannons, or we can sneak in and make the job a little easier for them by taking out or otherwise distracting the orks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 03, 2022, 12:48:41 pm »

"I don't believe that trying to sneak in would be a good idea. It's not as though we could disguise ourselves as those xenos. Hmm, perhaps we could trick the dim-witted creatures into drinking that acid?"

Go back and retrieve the barrel of acid and write "FRE BOOZ" on it in suitably orky handwriting. Then we could carry it out and send it rolling in the direction of the fort.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2022, 02:23:09 pm »

"That sounds like a plan.  Maybe put the acid somewhere where they can get at it, and then the rest of us throw firebombs at some other place.  Once it's burning, we run for the chimeras, mount up, and drive them through the wreckage.

We'll then be hitting them from the wrong side."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 02:25:16 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2022, 02:25:31 pm »

Could we get close enough to the fort to throw firebombs without leaving concealment? I presume they've made a clearing before the wall. Wait, maybe orks are too dumb to do that?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2022, 03:11:54 pm »

Could we get close enough to the fort to throw firebombs without leaving concealment? I presume they've made a clearing before the wall. Wait, maybe orks are too dumb to do that?
I’m pretty sure they did. 

“I am down with that.  Either way somebody needs to return to the chimera and Fire the lasgun.” 

If nobody objects, I return to the chimera and man the lasgun.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2022, 06:58:29 pm »

Remain in position and watch the orks while the others prepare the payload.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2022, 10:25:20 pm »

"I don't believe that trying to sneak in would be a good idea. It's not as though we could disguise ourselves as those xenos. Hmm, perhaps we could trick the dim-witted creatures into drinking that acid?"

Go back and retrieve the barrel of acid and write "FRE BOOZ" on it in suitably orky handwriting. Then we could carry it out and send it rolling in the direction of the fort.

Your genius plan has hit a small snag; while the Emperor clearly intended this use for acid you missed His hints to steal a pen from the Department Munitorium guys and have nothing to write with. To avoid more literal snags you might want to have someone clear the path so you and your brother can move the barrel through the dense jungle without tripping and possibly aciding yourselves. Or just leave it to the Servitor if you don't mind its lack of stealth functions.

Not without leaving concealment, at least not from the side you see. While they may be too dumb to properly make a clearing they have incidentally made one by chopping all the trees and rolling the logs back conveniently smashing most plant life. The closest the forest is to the fort is around 100m, still well out of firebombing range.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2022, 10:28:28 pm »

Surely a lasgun on low setting may be used as a writing tool. Hell, the result would be plenty orky as well.

...Do get the barrel OUT of our siege tower before trying that, though.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2022, 12:14:19 am »

(Don't we have knives and mono bayonets?)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2022, 12:30:22 am »

((Would you like to risk potentially rupturing a 200 gallon barrel of acid within inches of your hands? :p))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 04, 2022, 01:48:53 am »

Well we could tape a grenade to the end and roll it along the train tracks.

I mean, it'd be sacrificing the servitor..  ;-p

But yeah, go with Egan's first if nobody has a better suggestion.

Use Survival to find sap or something to write on the barrel.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2022, 10:45:58 pm »

Surely a lasgun on low setting may be used as a writing tool. Hell, the result would be plenty orky as well.

...Do get the barrel OUT of our siege tower before trying that, though.

This exercise does prove informative to how las weapons work.

Las weapons fire a single burst analogues to a laser bullet, rather than a continued blast like a lance type weapon. This means attempting to write with it ends up like an attempt to write with a stub gun. Someone of skill or dedication could likely pull it off, but it would prove difficult to connect the dots in a meaningful manner.

Las weapons have vertical muzzle climb after firing. Scholars will argue to why, but as a girl from a backwoods feudal world you'll just have to make due without an explanation. Partnered with the first it means that writing is as difficult as with a stub rifle.

Las weapons leave a trail of light that is very visible in the dead of night with your goggles on. Without your goggles on you have a muzzle flash. Not really something you want near an enemy position.

Las weapons make noise. A little whiz at the lowest level, a crack like a grox whip at higher levels. Luckily it is far enough away from a "Daka" that it seams the Orks do not recognize it as the sound of a weapon. Or at least something closely approaching a weapon.

Your lowest setting is apparently "Kill things but don't use too much battery". While this isn't that effective against Orks it does seem to be effective against industrial grade barrels.

In short you shot the barrel, leaving a hole in it and splashing acid on everything nearby. Like if you shot it with a stub-gun. There is the sound of hissing as various nearby vegetation begins to melt down. There are several new holes in the ground from where the acid droplets hit. It is probably going to be hard to move now, at least if you have problems with melting.

It is almost like...whoever designed the lasgun wanted to make it an analogue to a firearm or didn't want such a low tier weapon to have any advantages over higher tier weaponry. How strange.

Well we could tape a grenade to the end and roll it along the train tracks.

I mean, it'd be sacrificing the servitor..  ;-p

But yeah, go with Egan's first if nobody has a better suggestion.

Use Survival to find sap or something to write on the barrel.

You find some perfectly serviceable sap! Sap isn't great at writing either, but it is probably safer to use than knifing the side.

...Too bad the barrel has been shot.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 04, 2022, 11:21:42 pm »

What a disgrace, UWM laser rifles have much better options.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 04, 2022, 11:25:09 pm »

What a disgrace, UWM laser rifles have much better options.

Perhaps one day the Guard will be on the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's league.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37