Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vestals of the Waves (IC)  (Read 1848 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Vestals of the Waves (IC)
« on: May 20, 2022, 10:37:40 pm »

The Romainish town of Charmasse has long been a port town. Situated on the Northern Coast of the Lake of Idyll, it has the perfect location to command the Strait of Engelwara - and with the advent of the Great War, it is a bustling naval base.

Casey, Tuathlaith, Mirelle, Gustave, Elisa and Ashley are in a sparsely-furnished briefing room, with a pale blue-white light coming from a fixture in the ceiling and bolted-down steel chairs attached to the table. In fact, the briefing room is on a hulk that had been converted into some room for the rapidly-expanding naval base - the ship, although no longer capable of sailing on the nearby Sea or Lake, still rises and falls with the waves. The whole thing smells of wet and stale air.

They were informed that an Apolline would lead their squadron in battle, yet the so-called "Lioness of the West" has so far failed to materialize - and neither has their briefing officer. Perhaps leaving them waiting was a tactic one learned in the military.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Vestals of the Waves (IC)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 11:16:34 pm »

Gustave

The Great Old Wolf is impatient. He paces back and forth beside the table, boots thudding dully upon the floor with every step. They’ve been sitting in this room for... It’s been at least...

Well, it’s been far too long, regardless. He’s not used to so much idle waiting during wartime. Even a mindless training exercise would have been better than this; at least then he’d have something to be doing with himself. But now it’s nothing but pacing.

He really should have brought that book.

”...Maybe someone should go and fetch her,” he muses, to nobody in particular.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 06:07:04 pm by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 07:43:17 am »

Tuathlaith

What foolishness of the universe to assume that Tauthlaith, the Dragon Princess Herself, could be constrained to any timetable but her own! Although she was instructed to arrive at the briefing room on time, she had gotten sidetracked on her way (what sidetracked her is of no importance to mere mortals) and deemed arriving on time unnecessary. This even presents a grand opportunity for her, allowing her to make an entrance worthy of the Princess who conquered the skies!

The door to the briefing rooms swings in with violent force. The sound of it slamming against the inside wall draws attention towards the door, where a flash of purple lightning cloaks the intruder in a large, intimidating black silhouette. A moment later, the silhouette fades to reveal a pint-sized Vestal with an overstated draconic theme. Her face resting on a look of disdain, she glances across the room to assess her company. A half-growl, half-laugh sound rumbles in her throat and her lips break out in a smirk that oozes self-importance and superiority as she acknowledges this rag-tag bunch as acceptable, though perhaps not exactly worthy, companions.

With a dramatic first step that prompts her jacket-cape to flap a little, she marches over to the open seat at the head of the table and sits down, crossing both her legs and arms as she leans back to wait. She shuts her eyes and allows her face to fall back to its resting position. She is not one for dramatics, and has no intent to make a fuss that despite her being (fashionably) late, their superiors have yet to arrive.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 07:50:41 am »

Mireille

Joining Gustave in his pacing, albeit with her own space and a more frenetic pace, is Mireille. It took her about five minutes from their arrival for her to start, and five more to accelerate to her current speed, which she seemed ready to maintain indefinitely - until her focus snapped to the door as it boomed open. For a brief, hopeful moment, she thought the hellish wait was over, only for that hope to congeal into irritation when a literal child walked through the door. She stopped dead in her tracks, watching the newcomer with an incredulous expression, until she sat down. There was another moment before she made her comment. "Who is this lost, sassy child?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 07:55:33 am »

Tuathlaith

Tuathlaith opens one eye to look at the one who dared refer to her in such demeaning terms. But she deems Mireille unworthy of more than a moment of her attention. With a "hmmph" of disappointment and disdain, she closes it again and returns to waiting.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

stoirtap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 08:40:17 am »

Elisa

Elisa arrived early, and hid in the corner unseen. She watched everyone else enter trying learn their character, their mannerisms, their weaknesses...

All so arrogant, sullen. The Black Heart of the Fog carried centuries of naval tradition on her shoulders - glory, plunder, and adventure on the high seas awaited them! They need to be taught how things used to be...

She placed her hand on Tuathlaith's shoulder suddenly and appeared without warning, in an attempt to startle her. "Don't let them talk to you like that! I'm sure you have just as much reason to be here as the rest of us."

Sanyachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 10:42:49 am »

Casey

Casy likewise had arrived early, choosing a different corner in which to hide sit out of the way. Externally calm, she was anxious on the inside, both looking forward to and hesitant about the upcoming meeting with the "Lioness of the West" and expected assignment afterward.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 03:37:55 pm »

Tuathlaith

Startle isn't exactly the right word, but Tuathlaith immediately jumps to her feet and draws her sidearm in the same motion. She rapidly levels it at Elisa's chest, although her finger hovers a hair outside the trigger. "Who gave you permission to touch me, huh?" she demands, talking over Elisa in the process, "Did you think you could simply reach out and touch the Dragon Princess without facing any consequences? Of course not!" She glares up at Elisa and smirks maliciously. "Maybe we should see if your skills can live up to your audacity?" She lets out an excited growl at the thought.
Defile Circles Discord

stoirtap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 04:50:54 pm »

Elisa

Elisa takes a few steps back quickly, before anything else, keeping her hands up at shoulder height making it clear she wasn't going for her cutlass.

"W-whoa there, relax? I was just trying to support you - that's all. There's no need to be hostile... don't you know to respect your elders?" She was trying to hide her desire to flee and hide, in order to make a good first impression on her new teammates.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 05:42:11 pm »

Tuathlaith

Tuathlaith's throat growled again and she very much did not lower her gun. "Elders? Don't make me laugh." she said haughtily, "I have no elders, for I am the first and only! The Dragon Princess Herself!"
Defile Circles Discord

Sanyachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 05:46:48 pm »

Casey

Casey couldn't help but laugh at the title "dragon princess herself", and althoguh she tried to stop it, it came out as a kind of snort. She did hope noone noticed.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 06:19:26 pm »

Gustave

Gustave echoed Mireille’s moment of hope with a look at the door as it was slammed quite nearly off his hinges. But he knew what the Lioness looked like, and this shorter Vestal was not her. So he resumes his pacing until a flash of motion and a heated temper catches his eye.

Oh. That’s not very good.

”Now, hold on a moment,” he begins in an even time of voice. ”I have to say I’m proud to see such enthusiasm from a modern Vestal such as yourself, great Dragon Princess.” He approaches the pair and puts himself as much in front of Elisa as he can to block Tuathlaith’s line of fire, making sure not to actually touch her gun in the process.

He didn’t think she’d actually fire it, but the gesture felt like the best thing to do all the same.

”But I think we should save some of that strong fighting spirit for when we reach the seas, no? There’s no need to bother wasting your energy over one little faux pas like this, I say.”
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 06:35:05 pm »

Mireille

"Well, that was a certainly necessary bit of nonsense." The Vestal rolled her eyes. "Haughty titles and pyrotechnics don't mean anything unless you can prove you have the skill to back them up." She finished with a dismissive "Hmph" to counter Tuathlaith's growling. "And I don't think it is quite time to kill one another, though it might save effort later if some aren't going to take this seriously."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 07:18:20 pm »

Click.  Click.  Click.  Click

The mechanical lighter, a simple square of brushed steel, clicks open and closed with a quiet, mildly-annoying cadence as Ashley plays with the device, never flicking to to flame.  Her gaze, however, tracks the altercation brewing with increasing displeasure.

"For heaven's sake, Princess, sit down before you hurt yourself," She rolls her eyes, "How fragile is your dignity to be scorched by a single touch?  Surely if it means so much to you it is at least more robust than that."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 07:31:12 pm »

Tauthlaith

Gustave's words make sense to Tuathlaith. Something this petty is most certainly beneath her, there are far more worthy opponents out at sea. She holsters her weapon and starts to sit back down... Only for Mireille and Ashley's words to cause a spear to manifest in the child's hands as she shoots back to her feet. It whirls swiftly through the air in a dramatic flourish, coming to a rest pointed forwards and slightly down, generally in the direction of Ashley. Thunder rumbles outside. Her eyebrows are also angled slightly down in a clear expression of anger and disdain. "Hrrn." she growls quietly. A declaration of her intent to prove her strength.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: [1] 2 3