Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Trials of a Space Lord  (Read 3194 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trials of a Space Lord
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 04:37:44 pm »

B. The job of the pirates, and anyone else Ambrotomegas stumbles upon, will be to perform rituals to augment his power further. Every human is like a tiny battery! At some point he may also need some to branch out into battery support, but he's probably not the most forward-thinking Space Lord or he wouldn't have been shot down.

(6)
You usher the pirates and crew into you modified ship. You compress the ship, making it physically smaller, and take the raw material to form the basis for additional shielding and reality dampeners, making the craft fly even faster.

To make up for the reduced space, you ingeniously put an extra dimensional space inside the flyer, making it almost 5 times the size of the original hold.

Gain modified Pirate Flyer (Potency 3)

They gape as you stomp past them and order the pirates to kneel. Wild of hai and eye, they obey as you quickly etch eldritch runes around them and on their bodies. They cry out in pain, but you tune them out as you examine your work.

Flawless, as you expected.

The pirates will now act to serve as batteries to fuel any sorcerous undertaking or perhaps an extra boost in an emergency.

You turn to the crew. They are exhausted, shaken from the battle above and most likely overawed by your presence. You decide to throw them a bone.

“Well, you can either join me or I’ll leave you here for the pirates.”

You turn and walk to the cockpit and nod to yourself. What a excellent leader you are.

Taking to the skies, you pull of the navigation. It looks like this flyer belonged to a smaller pirate base. You could go there and begin assembling your forces, or you could head straight to the Pirate capital to GET YOUR GEM! You think about going to your crashed cruiser, but it’s probably swarming with Federation.

Where do you go?
A-Small Pirate base
B-Pirate Capital
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2022, 08:41:41 pm »

A

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2022, 11:02:45 pm »

A
spawn more overlords

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2022, 01:46:07 am »

B

Element of surprise, nerds

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2022, 03:54:25 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2022, 12:10:42 pm »

A, we must construct additional pylons :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2022, 01:38:20 pm »

The pirate base, Cracktooth Point, rises above the waves, well, like a broken tooth. If that tooth was ringed by metal landing pads, a copious amount of guns, and riddled with holes. Sailing vessels dot the sea.

No flyers rise to challenge you, with you still flying the pirate flag and keeping the bones attached to the hull (they are a bit gaudy and the clanging is atrocious, but they do have a certain appeal to them you must say.) You can see dozens of fliers on landing pads, and rock structure has been further built upon with barracks and bars. There must be thousands here at this base.

As you approach closer you can see crowds of men and women on the beach, drinking and swimming out to sea. Your lips twist into a sneer as you look upon their sloth.

You are a Space Lord, and you will not tolerate such frivolity in your future subjects.

You flare the engines as you bring in your flyer, the faint sound of screams permeate the air. The small crowd of pirates coming out to greet you scatter at your approach. Only now do they see something is wrong with your craft. Far too late for them,  as you rise from your pilot’s chair and make your way onto the landing pad.

Foes such as these are little more than raw material in the path of a Space Lord.

What will you make of them?

A-High Speed, Low Drag: Enchant or illusion up a disguise to breeze past the low ranks and go for captains and their commander and either kill them or bring them under your control.

B- A Ship Divided Against Itself: Turn the pirates against one another. This can be through mind domination, illusions, or raising gun/zombie pirates.

C- Kill Them All Hey, it has been a rough day. Your cruiser got blown up, your treacherous lieutenant betrayed you. Why not blow off some steam? (And some pirates.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:01:16 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2022, 01:41:35 pm »

A
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2022, 03:45:49 pm »

A Ship Divided Against Itself
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2022, 04:10:11 pm »

C

No witnesses

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2022, 04:13:55 pm »

A

A show of force will help the lower ranks know to fear us.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2022, 05:28:09 pm »

B

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2022, 06:44:52 pm »

A

A show of force will help the lower ranks know to fear us.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2022, 04:55:09 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2022, 02:19:02 pm »

(Looks like a tie between High Speed and Ship Divided. I can make this work!)

(5)

The gang of rogues that came to greet you can only gape as you dive into the crowd. A quick modification to your armor causes it to pulse a mind warping spell. These pirates are weak-willed and lack discipline, they cannot help but obey your every order.

Ideally you would dominate the wills of this whole hive of scum. With the Gem in your possession such a feat would be easy, however your armor can only maintain control over a small group at a time.

The pirates turn to you, gaze vacant and expectant. They are lightly armed with pistols and such, and somewhat intoxicated by the smell of them.

You lean forward.
“Take me to your leader.”

As a group they take a defensive position around you and begin leading you off the hanger platform you came in on. You make it most of the way to the commander’s quarters before someone challenges your group. Luckily the element of surprise is on your side, and the dominated pirates quickly gun down the challengers.

You make a quick detour when told a high ranking captain was nearby drinking in a bar and you make a quick detour. Pounding music and flashing lights greet you as you step through the doors and heads turn on a swivel to glare at you.

The captain is easily spotted, wearing a rich red coat with a purple parrot perched on her shoulder. She turns to you and cocks her brow at you, red mechanical eye zooming in on you.

You in turn:

A-Ask her how she would like to be the new commander of this base.

B-Take her prisoner.

C-Start Blasting everyone in the bar.

Also, you are reaching the limits of who you can dominate with the suit. Are there any other devices you would like to finagle, or creatures to summon? You have easy access to Potency 1 and 2 Material (includes guns and bodies of the pirates).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5