Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Trials of a Space Lord  (Read 3198 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trials of a Space Lord
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2022, 01:35:42 pm »

+1 to Power armour.

Later we can use the crew but right now there useful labour.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2022, 01:40:54 pm »

Yeah, I think doing the fighting ourselves will also help keep the crew on our side. A, but I'm not committing to power armor necessarily, just some kind of weapon.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2022, 03:10:27 pm »

Or we enchant the pod temporarily to be a trap, then use the pod and whatever the pirates have to make ourselves new equipment after the first wave of would-be salvagers get here.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2022, 03:40:51 pm »

I would say A and make ourself some sort of powered armor - it doesn't have to be perfect (though obviously the higher quality the better), but we need something to protect ourselves if caught unaware. I would personally say focus on defense, with a magical shield if at all possible. Hopefully we're strong enough to handle some basic enhanced combatants with what we've already got and some solid defense.
(Tide seemed to shift towards the armor :p)

3rd Post

(5)
You extend your hand before the escape pod, extend your will and intone the Words of
Armament. Purple tendrils extend from you and and tear into the pod, bringing forth metal and circuits that it welds into place around you. Your armor takes shape, runes glowing around joints and vulnerable areas.

The armor strengthens you and provides a shield of magic when struck. It is a rough, crude thing, but it will serve you well enough.

Gain Magic Powered Armor (Potency 3)

Turning from your work, your stride heavy, you hear the cries of the crew as they spot a probable pirate’s flier soaring in (You base your guess on the black flag with skulls and crossbones, and also the skeletons clattering off the wings of the craft.) They scramble for a place to hide, while you grab your:

Choose your preferred combat style.

A- Melee combat. With sword, axe, or fist, you use your magically enhanced senses to defeat your foes in close combat. Gets magical melee weapon of choice with powered armor.

B- Ranged weapons. Enchanted bullets, lasers shooting energy of a dark magic, even a bow and heart seeking arrows, you prefer your killings to be done from a safe distance with the appropriate tools. Gets magical ranged weapon of choice with armor.

C- Pure Magic . With a wand, staff, or just your hands and voice, you prefer to fight with your magical abilities rather than relying on a tool. Choose either a wand, staff, or just your hands for your preferred magic option.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2022, 03:45:23 pm »

C
Your hands are covered in tattooed-on runes - most of your own invention - that you can draw on in bare moments to bring up a number of different effects. You have a plentiful toolbox to choose from, though any truly new work of arcanary would require a new tattoo or external implement.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2022, 03:51:58 pm »

C
Your hands are covered in tattooed-on runes - most of your own invention - that you can draw on in bare moments to bring up a number of different effects. You have a plentiful toolbox to choose from, though any truly new work of arcanary would require a new tattoo or external implement.

+1, assuming we can specialize further later. (Though I will mention a mixture of A and C so we can become a Fist Wizard would also be cool.)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2022, 04:16:38 pm »

B. The preferred ranged weapon is a demoniacally-enchanted slingshot.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2022, 05:29:49 pm »

C

+1, assuming we can specialize further later. (Though I will mention a mixture of A and C so we can become a Fist Wizard would also be cool.)
+1 to fist wizard
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2022, 07:12:10 pm »

+1 to fist wizard
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2022, 07:35:49 pm »

+1 to Slapmage

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2022, 08:27:57 pm »

C

You pull your fist from the pirate captain’s chest, heart gripped in your fingers as he gaped at you. His armor is unharmed, and the rune for the Heart-Taker dims.

The captain drops to the ground as you raise your runed arms imperiously.

“Who else dares defy Ambrotomegas Pantokrator?”

The pirates might have posed a small threat were they motivated and coordinated, but as one of the gunned up rogues raises their weapon you activate another rune and send a spectral fist through their skull.

They quickly recognize your superiority after that.

Your crewpersons quickly find their spines and pick up the weapons tossed down, mostly ballistic in nature. You in turn survey the flier you have acquired.

It is a VTOL style, with fixed wings swooping from the back. It is clearly originally designed to ferry cargo or passengers, with some heavy rotary guns and an auto cannon fixed to the front by the pirates.

You imagine that others might soon arrive, but you might have enough time to make a few upgrades . . .

Pirate Flyer (Potency 2)

A-Upgrade the weapons and defenses. Can be magical rune shield, or maybe turn the pirates into soul missiles?

B-Uograde the body or speed of the craft Do you really want to carry all these people? You could transform it into a fast and nimble fighter.

C-Total makeover Any and all of the above. Might take more time and more pirates may show up (as if you care).

But it’s best to not forget your purpose here. You came to Gomoruga to:

Take the Jewel of Ragrash, a potency 6 power crystal. They most definitely do not deserve it.

And then you also wanted to recruit the pirates maybe. Or kill them all. Or perhaps kill then recruit them. You don’t quite remember but you can figure it out later.

But you most definitely have to punish your treacherous lieutenant Arathorn for leaving you high and dry.   

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2022, 08:32:54 pm »

B
It should certainly be able to carry some of our forces, but the important part is being able to get to the Jewel.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2022, 08:42:02 pm »

B. The job of the pirates, and anyone else Ambrotomegas stumbles upon, will be to perform rituals to augment his power further. Every human is like a tiny battery! At some point he may also need some to branch out into battery support, but he's probably not the most forward-thinking Space Lord or he wouldn't have been shot down.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2022, 04:39:54 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2022, 11:00:17 am »

B

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5