Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36726 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2022, 11:45:43 pm »

I find it difficult to make sense of your position where you're unwilling to compromise on reina given that we agree on two out of three of our top choices.

Ride or die doesn't make sense to me from a town perspective for this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 16, 2022, 11:52:33 pm »

UNVOTE

Alright Folks!

This a Political Election, and we'll run it like an Election!

It seems today's candidates for nomination are Roden vs. Reina.  Anyone else want to run? No? Then STFU.

The Candidates Roden & Reina are the one who need to speak.  It will be their words and their commitment that will determine who gets nominated today.

We have heard distressingly little from either candidate, and I for one can not support either of them unless they are willing to be Serious Candidates.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 17, 2022, 01:10:52 am »

I find it difficult to make sense of your position where you're unwilling to compromise on reina given that we agree on two out of three of our top choices.

Ride or die doesn't make sense to me from a town perspective for this game.
No, no, no, no, see, you're confused.

I'm unwilling to compromise with you. Does that help clear things up? Actually, let me explain it in a slightly different way: The compromise is that I don't vote reina and you do nothing that you aren't already doing. That's just me folding. Actually, let me explain it in a third way: You're telling me to stop voting reina. ACTUALLY, LET ME EXPLAIN IT A FOURTH--.

See, none of those appeal to me on an instinctual level. You're asking me to drop my favored choice. '"Wherefore art thou, reina?" he asked. "A name of any other Townie would smell as sweet!"' And yet, it is me who must change, to lead the road by following. I am the master of someone else's destiny, a forlorn candle, degraded and debased, melting away in the dying light of mine brethren.

See you now? That I am being asked for not compromise, but to step forward. And then the unreasonable man will ask of me again to meet him in the middle. Must I stand here and be told that this is fair? That this is freedom?! Nay, I say! NAY! This is tyranny, pure and simple! An outrageous display of dereliction!

In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind. Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive!" Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Anyway, the point I'm saying is that I'd rather pick reina over Roden but if you asked nicely, I'd probably vote for Roden.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 17, 2022, 01:28:30 am »

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do to argue my case here tbh. We have no flips and no real info. NQT got a near unanimous nomination since he more or less passed the vibe check early on, not necessarily because his alignment was solved.

If it's between me and Reina, obviously I'd prefer to take the nomination there. But if I'm not the preferred vote between the two of us, she isn't one of my top 3 choices and I'd rather campaign for Jack or Toony at that point instead.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 17, 2022, 01:30:57 am »

I'm entirely open to voting for ToonyMan or Roden.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2022, 01:52:49 am »

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do to argue my case here tbh. We have no flips and no real info. NQT got a near unanimous nomination since he more or less passed the vibe check early on, not necessarily because his alignment was solved.

If it's between me and Reina, obviously I'd prefer to take the nomination there. But if I'm not the preferred vote between the two of us, she isn't one of my top 3 choices and I'd rather campaign for Jack or Toony at that point instead.

Since Reina hasn't posted in a while, you're my candidate by default.  But I'll make a clean post explaining the Election Process.Assuming everyone is ok with my continuing to just make stuff up

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 17, 2022, 01:59:37 am »

Your Minister of Ceremonies, EuchreJack, starts arranging the hall, like he has done countless times before.
This time, he is arranging for a Debate between two Worthy Candidates.
Servants arrange two podiums on a raised platform, and a small desk to the side.

Alright folks, time for a Debate!

Today, we have Roden and Reina seeking your support for the Day 2 nomination.
I expect each candidate to give a brief speech on why they should be your Day 2 Nomination.
As this is a political election, a campaign of smearing their opponent most viciously is wholly appropriate!

Then, our Candidates will answer questions from the crowd.
As this is a political election, skewed questions with the goal of making one candidate look better than the other are also wholly appropriate!

While we wait for our candidates, feel free to voice the questions you wish our Candidates to answer.  You can direct them to both/all candidates, or just to one of them.  I'll be quietly sitting at that tiny desk in the corner, trying to keep things organized and moving.

EuchreJack sits at the desk patiently.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 17, 2022, 02:14:50 am »

Anyway, the point I'm saying is that I'd rather pick reina over Roden but if you asked nicely, I'd probably vote for Roden.

webadict, would you please vote Roden?

I have every intention to completely ignore this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 17, 2022, 02:18:41 am »

Oh?
Did I forget to mention that I actually have a BRIBE that I can offer?
The person whom I decide is most town, but not nominated, shall be bestowed a GREAT HONOR on Day 3.
...I mean, it'll probably be Webadict, but there is time for that to change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 17, 2022, 02:23:47 am »

I concur!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 17, 2022, 02:32:55 am »

Eh fuck it.
Roden
Then Toonyman.

Day 3 will either be a frantic attempt by the Onyx to get someone else nominated, or it means that one (or more) among NQT, Roden, and Toonyman is Onyx.
So Day 3/4 is where the effort will occur.

So on Day 2, we can probably just rush Roden into nomination, then shorten.
Anyone find this format a bit less exciting than normal mafia? The lack of violence, for one thing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 17, 2022, 02:37:48 am »

@Max: Please confirm or deny that you have two votes.  I really need to know.

Any other vote manipulators, speak NOW.

Claim: On Day 3, I will be granting someone a permanent second election vote.  I can't use it myself, unfortunately.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 17, 2022, 03:09:38 am »

@Max: Please confirm or deny that you have two votes.  I really need to know.
Do you have a preference for which?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 17, 2022, 03:52:35 am »

Okay, okay, since you're not answering, confirm. As the nephew of the Emperor, I have some extra influence on the process.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 17, 2022, 04:44:03 am »

I'm not feeling inspired by the Roden/reina dichotomy. Toony is Jade to the bone, I want him on the council.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38